Quaithe Farman?

Aline de Gavrillac

On 1/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, Enuma Elish said:

A few dragons survived the dance.  West is a good location for them to be.  Qaithe-Farman wants the Mother Of Dragons to go there and round up the remaining dragons.  

I wish this.  Hatching more dragons would be awesome.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:25 AM, Victor Newman said:

Quaithe doesn't explicitly tell her to set sail for the east.  She only said go east.  By land or sea is not mentioned.  The answer is in the Sunchaser.  The ship's hold may contain something useful to Daenerys.  Like dragon eggs and Lady Elissa's diary.  The ship is at port in Asshai.

There is a lot more to see than Asshai.  Dany has a curious nature and exploration is not a bad calling for someone who has three dragons.  

On 2/2/2019 at 4:39 AM, Josette DuPres said:

I'm sold.  The two are one and the same.  There are material reasons to sail east rather than taking the more direct route.  The element of surprise for one.  But I do not feel Qaithe is interested in saving Westeros.  Daenerys must pass beneath the shadow in order to see the light again.  That's explicitly saying she will endure the long night before she sees the return of Spring and Summer.  What Qaithe is basically saying is to explore first and see the world.  The more of the world one sees the more informed they become.  Qaithe saw something important and she wants Dany to see the same.  Whatever it was gave her perspective to see the bigger picture.   Dany being young wants to take a more direct route.  If I look back, I am lost.  She wants to continue to move forward.  Qaithe is telling her to take her time and see the world.  A future ruler who has seen the world will have a better perspective and will be better able to reconstruct what's left after the long night has passed.  Qaithe is looking ahead to prepare Dany to lead the survivors in the aftermath of winter.  It's not about taking the iron throne now.  It is about waiting and preparing to rebuild after the long winter has passed.

Yes it's about preparing for the distant future.  A warmer continent could exist on the other half of the planet.  And if this continent remains warm and bright it can support life.  Meereen echoes the Egypt of the time of Moses.  Daenerys is the Moses type leader who will lead the slaves out of Meereen and into the promised land farther east.  

1 hour ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Yes it's about preparing for the distant future.  A warmer continent could exist on the other half of the planet.  And if this continent remains warm and bright it can support life.  Meereen echoes the Egypt of the time of Moses.  Daenerys is the Moses type leader who will lead the slaves out of Meereen and into the promised land farther east.  

Somebody will lead the survivors out of Westeros too.  A modern day Nymeria who will lead people to the safety of Essos.  One of her descendants could.  I don't think Arrianne has it in her to lead but time will tell.  We may get a mirror image and Nymeria is male this time.  For example, Trystane Martell.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

What do you think?  Possible?

It is possible.  She's the best choice among the usual suspects (Elissa, Sheira, Ashara, Dany from the future, Mel's astral projections).  Her motivations are not complex.  She wants to send the young hero on a journey of discovery.  There's another world in the far east that need saving.  The dragons will have time to mature and the hero will gather more followers to her cause.  

On 2/5/2019 at 7:31 PM, Bowen Marsh said:

Meereen is experiencing the Egyptian plagues at the moment.  I can see an exodus out of Slaver's Bay.  East is the only place to go because the west will be in darkness.  People of the Free Cities may flee towards the east as well.  Asshai is not the answer because nothing grows.  They will have to go beyond Asshai.  The Westerosi will have to evacuate but that won't be organized.  Many will sail the sunset sea and take their chances.  The Free People from Slaver's Bay and the Westerosi Refugees might find themselves on the same land mass.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Samyaza said:

Somebody will lead the survivors out of Westeros too.  A modern day Nymeria who will lead people to the safety of Essos.  One of her descendants could.  I don't think Arrianne has it in her to lead but time will tell.  We may get a mirror image and Nymeria is male this time.  For example, Trystane Martell.

Trystane is being saved for a future role.  I can see that.

• 7 months later...
On 1/21/2019 at 9:19 PM, Adam Yozza said:

Probably not enough time left to do that with everything else that's still got to happen in the space of two books.

That would depend upon the size of the two remaining volumes.  Many plots are sure to get trimmed to make room for explaining the mystery of Qaithe.  She is an important figure in the story and easily as important as Mellissandre because her story line is part of the Daenerys arc.  I would gladly sacrifice the Winterfell, Kingslanding, Dorne, Braavos plot lines to make room for Qaithe's backstory. 

Qaithe is a Blood Mage. Nothing hinted Elissa could be one. I would rather believe Qaithe is Shiera Seastar.

IMO sailing the Sunset Sea to reach east Essos and Asshai will remain a speculation. The ship Velaryon saw could be Sun Chaser or another ship of the same build. And even if so, it doesn't prove she came from the Sunset.

Archived