Strange Things That Just... Do It For You

Jace, Extat

I absolutely loved rowing in the morning. I'm talking about summer mornings, around 8 o'clock, being in a boat on a river, syncing as close to perfect as recreational rowers are capable of with your crewmates, hearing the noise of the big city far away. Also, Belgrade is situated on two pretty big rivers and there are a few river islands as well and rowing between those islands was pretty zen moment, where you'd see some pretty big islands with only forests and small river houses on them. Made it look as if you're hundreds of kilometers from the city while being almost in the middle of it.

• 3 weeks later...

To go along with fire, is water. I can watch a shallow stream moving over rocks or waves on a lake all day long. 

Oh and watching videos of people eating extremely hot food. Been watching Hot Ones interviews and some are pretty boring but others are funny as hell.

20 minutes ago, dbunting said:

To go along with fire, is water. I can watch a shallow stream moving over rocks or waves on a lake all day long. 

Oh and watching videos of people eating extremely hot food. Been watching Hot Ones interviews and some are pretty boring but others are funny as hell.

Water reminds me of my love for inclement weather. Heavy snow and rain are a delight to Jace. Bonus points for vicious thunder/lightningstorms

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Water reminds me of my love for inclement weather. Heavy snow and rain are a delight to Jace. Bonus points for vicious thunder/lightningstorms

A lot of women I know love thunderstorms...a little too much....    I like the snow also, one reason I will not be leaving Michigan for warmer climates.

Speaking of the weather, I think the actual night of a big snowstorm are my favorite times. I like to have all the blinds raised all night so I can watch the snow cover the trees. Walking around during them at like 2am is great too. It’s so quiet and peaceful. Unfortunately it’s been a weak winter this year here. 

I HATE cigs, and don’t smoke them, but the initial smell when they’re first lit is nice. I also love the smell of a freshly paved road.

Falling snow, the sound of big rolling waves crashing on shore, walking in a mature deciduous forest, a wood-burning fire (gas fires are convenient but soulless), being part of a chanting, singing stadium crowd (preferably Anfield).

Similar to @BigFatCoward perfect amount of purchase, I love perfect just-in-time.  I’m always running late because I hate the wasted time of turning up early for anything.   But then there’s that perfect moment when I’ve spent too long doing something else and switch over to pack a bag in five minutes, step out into a taxi with no delay, zoom to the airport with no heavy traffic, stroll through airport security and walk up to my boarding gate just before it shuts.  I’ve managed that trick far more than I’ve missed flights, and it feels like a victory over common sense every time. 

Seeing this beautiful cat defend its ground- 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-attacked-jaguar-while-taking-selfie-arizona-zoo-102205135--abc-news-topstories.html

And not getting euthanized for it-  

"We can promise you nothing will happen to our jaguar," the zoo said. "She's a wild animal and there were proper barriers in place to keep our guests safe- not a wild animals(sic) fault when barriers are crossed..."

Finally a Zoo acting responsibly for a change !

Archived