Poll: Did Jojen Die Off-Page in DANCE?

Platypus Rex

This is a Poll.  Please answer "yes" or "no" to the following question:

Did Jojen Die Off-Page Prior to the End of Bran's Last Chapter in A Dance With Dragons"?

Feel free to give reasons for your answer.  However, please try to not to argue against reasons given by other people for at least a couple of pages.  After that, have at it.  

For some context, this obviously relates to the "Jojenpaste" theory that you can find in the "Compendium of Theories" thread that you can find pinned at the top.   However, the question to be answered is as given above.  It is not necessarily "Did Bran Eat Jojen?"

(Also, I would appreciate suggestions for a topic for my next Theory Poll).

EDIT:  32 against, to 17 for, so far.

Supported by :  Gertrude, ChrisDaw, WyldFyre, Penny's Got a Gun, Megavora, Back door hodor, Lost Melnibonean, Tucu, acwill07, Ibbison from Ibben, Son of Man, Remiem, OtherFromAnotherMother, Lynesse, Jo Maltese, Paltogue, Shara

Opposed by:  King Aegon I Targaryen, Clegane'sPup, Yaya, Klenn, Dorian Martell's son, Marcelowww, bemused, bent branch, Adam Yozza, BRANDON GREYSTARK, Impbread, zandru, Morte, Legitimate_Bastard, HelenaExMachina, Bael's Bastard, Faera, Davjos, White Ravens, the Other Wolf, A Ghost of Someone, Lady Isis, the trees have eyes, BalerionTheCat, kissdbyfire, The Map Guy, Three-Fingered Pete, Therae,, JNR, Kawall, The Mother of the Others, Mullocose.

(Previous "Unpopular Theory" Poll:  "Did Summer See a Dragon?" - 36 against to 7 for; supported by Legitimate_Bastard, rustythesmith, TPTWP Timmet, Remirem, kleevedge, Gertrude, and sweetsunray).

2 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Share with me what you think and I will share with you what I think.:fencing:

Well, I wasn't planning to count my own vote.  But since you ask, my vote would be "Yes."  I think Bran ate Jojen. 

But I don't have any particularly strong opinions.  So if you want a good argument, another might serve you better.

Yes, but like you, I could be swayed. I think there is blood in the paste, that's a solid yes. Is it Jojen, probably. Was it a full sacrifice or did he survive it? It was probably a sacrifice. So yeah, it is very likely Jojen paste, but I think there is enough room for me to be convinced otherwise.

I'll also say that if this wasn't Jojen, I do believe his service means death for him in some way. Perhaps a future sacrifice is still needed and he could fulfill that. I don't see a happily ever after for him.

I'd go 90% no, 10% yes.

The blood that Bran tastes is explained by his visions. The last vision he sees shows a blood sacrifice to the tree he is viewing from. He is tasting the blood of the man that was just sacrificed to his tree. Alternatively... the red "sap" of the weirwood he actually ate prior to the visions tastes of blood because weirwoods are routinely offered blood sacrifices, so it is the blood of long past sacrifices, not   necessarily the blood of someone(i.e. Jojen) that was just sacrificed for his specific ritual snack.

The only really compelling part of Jojenpaste is that Jojen is perhaps the most appropriate character to die "off page" because his death has been so blatantly forecast.

4 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

This is a Poll.  Please answer "yes" or "no" to the following question:

Did Jojen Die Off-Page Prior to the End of Bran's Last Chapter in A Dance With Dragons"?

Feel free to give reasons for your answer.  However, please try to not to argue against reasons given for other people for at least a couple of pages.  After that, have at it.  

For some context, this obviously relates to the "Jojenpaste" theory that you can find in the "Compendium of Theories" thread that you can find pinned at the top.   However, the question to be answered is as given above.  It is not necessarily "Did Bran Eat Jojen?"

(Also, I would appreciate suggestions for a topic for my next Theory Poll).

EDIT:  4 against, to 2 for, so far.

No.

No. But I'm sure you'll have some selective misreading which "proves" you are right. The assumption that the Children of the Forest and/or Bryndan Rivers ordered Jojen to be killed and fed to Bran would dramatically change the reader's assumption that they're good people. Also, it would presuppose that Meera is fine with watching her beloved brother slaughtered like a hog. That, and the weird assumption that Bran somehow needs to eat human flesh in order to develop his powers ... they've apparently been doing that for the last stages of their journey anyway.

The story notes that Jojen is bored and growing irritable with their long stay in the dark caves. This is more likely to become a plot point than Jojen becoming a dinner.

Archived