Nymor's letter to Aegon

BigBoss1

On 1/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, Seaserpent said:

I think Rhaenys was alive and well with a child, because there is no reason to think that Aegon would visit Dorne. His allies would have been furious, so the risk to go there many years after has to have another purpose or secret. There is no reason for Aegon to be so friendly with them, i dont know any other Targaryan king till FaB who is so close to the Dornish. Kings as Aerys and Aegon IV who have sons married  to one, are very hostile to them.  They have a bargain ship against Aegon and Rhaenys or even her child is my only idea.

They destroyed almost the whole  region and spared sunspear and surrounding areas. His war was with the whole of Dorne and not with the Martells, so one new king cant make any difference. Returning a body would not stop him from destroying hellholt!!  

Actually Fire and Blood changed it so that they wrecked Sunspear and the Shadow Town, which is a change for the better imo because that didn't really make sense to me.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, VVSINGOFTHECROSS said:

Plothole, so GRRM could keep Dorne independent until Daeron's day

Doylist explanation ftw

26 minutes ago, SerBronnsMullet said:

Actually Fire and Blood changed it so that they wrecked Sunspear and the Shadow Town, which is a change for the better imo because that didn't really make sense to me.

That's an error in F&B that still be corrected in the next edition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 2:14 PM, BrainFireBob said:

Option: Aegon was gay, Aenys not his son, blackmail.

Option 2: What was left of a broken, brain damaged Rhaenys was being kept happily in the Water Gardens.

Option 3: Some combination

The Water Gardens did not exist yet, they were built for the 2nd Daenerys.

I think we were never meant to know what the letter said. One of those "will remain buried in history" kind of things. I wonder if even George knows.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:17 PM, Ran said:

That's an error in F&B that still be corrected in the next edition.

It has to have a reason that those places are not burned down, maybe some in tell that Rhaenys was there as a hostage,this things are most common in that mid evil world. 

On 1/20/2019 at 8:19 PM, BigBoss1 said:

What was in the letter? Did the Dornish have Rhaenys hostage or maybe she wrote it herself in hope of ending the war? 

Aegon shortly flew to Dragonstone afterwards, the dornish probably left some form of proof there or maybe he just needed time to think. 

Your toughts?

They had her hostage.  That's my guess.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 8:15 AM, flaydagawd said:

How come Rhaenys being alive is widely accepted? Just curious. It's said that she fell from Meraxes which I imagine would be a pretty high drop.

Baela Targaryen fell from her dragon as well and was injured and burned but very much alive. It depends under what conditions you fall, I suppose. 

He had all he wanted or needed and lost the love of his life. Targaryens are nothing if not deeply emotional so I could see him backing away as the price became too high, vs where someone else might instead feel the need to exact revenge.

Archived