Sunset Sea Related Stuff

Legitimate_Bastard

Just read a theory on the Sunset Sea and Brandon the Shipwright that I had never come across before.

https://aminoapps.com/c/thrones/page/blog/brandon-the-shipwrights-colony/QKMI_Xu3Qz3J1jJZ1Qnzm22ov5xRjDdi1

Basically, the theory is that Brandon the Shipwright sailed across the Sunset Sea and founded a colony in Eastern Essos around Mussovy, and that the Mussovians are actually First Men Westerosi, unable to return via sea because of wind patterns. Goes on to list parallels between Bloodless Men and Wights, Shrykes and Crannogmen, Warging and Demonhunting etc. etc.

I actually thought this theory has more evidence than the usual tinfoil and wondered what you fine forum folks think about it?

Made me think about Sun Chaser, and the whole Alys Westhill/ Elissa Farman trip across the Sunset Sea.

Is it possible that the winds do prevent backward West to East passage from Essos to Westeros?

Also, and this probably needs its own topic/thread but could Alys/Elissa have got those 3 Dragon eggs to Asshai? Could they be the 3 Dany ends up with? Is there any reason the Sealord that she supposedly sold them to would actually have let her keep them?

Quaithe is Elissa Farman.  She wants Daenerys Targaryen to take the same route but going backwards.  Quaithe wants to show her something in the eastern seas.  I would guess it is another land mass.  Refugees from westeros can go to this island sanctuary to escape the long night back home.   

18 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Quaithe is Elissa Farman.  She wants Daenerys Targaryen to take the same route but going backwards.  Quaithe wants to show her something in the eastern seas.  I would guess it is another land mass.  Refugees from westeros can go to this island sanctuary to escape the long night back home.   

It could be the case, it seems.

What makes you think it is another land mass? Do you think there will be people/sentients on it?

Sunset Sea is large like the Pacific and an unknown.  Anything can happen on a long Sea voyage.  The other explorers ran out of water and died.  They didn't reach the other side.

Those three dragon eggs are probably the same ones Ellisa stole.  The sealord of her time was not warm to the Targaryens but the one who signed the marriage pact sheltered Viserys and Daenerys.  Perhaps this fondness motivated him to ask Ilyrio to gift her those eggs.  I will not rule out the current Sealord having had a vision of Daenerys helping free the slaves.  He would make sure those eggs came to her to make sure she has the power to help the slaves.  Quaithe or Ellisa sent this Sealord a vision of the future and sent events in motion.  This explains Quaithe's reason for looking out for Daenerys and the dragons.  They are the eggs she stole. 

Archived