Watched, Watching & Rewatch Redux

Zorral

11 hours ago, red snow said:

This is why Amazon prime and netflix can be a boon. You can control who you watch films with.

I can see how the average person might get upset/confused based on the trailer. Talking through it won't help them understand the film any better though 

It must be a certain type of person. I can recall being at gigs that cost around £30 yet there were people who seemed much more interested in trying to talk over the band. I've even had bands stop playing until people shut the fuck up and the culprits still look butthurt

They kept on not getting the film and eventually I lost it during the end when 

Spoiler

they cut one guys throat in full unambigious glory in front of everyone to see and then the moronic girlfriend goes 'Do you think he's dead?'

After an entire film full of interuptions due to stupid comments, I just lost it completely then and there.  

it was surprising though, since usually people are still quite respectful here during a showing. I have read some horrorstories on this board about what some of you all had to endure during the movies and I'm very glad this is still something very exceptional.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I did too until a friend once told me my mom looks like an older Denise Richards. Never been able to look at her the same again. 

Interesting information, you don't have any sisters by any chance? :p

4 Episodes into Russian Doll and ok I'm starting to get into now. 

But my god, its so ugly. The main character is the most repulsive thing I've seen on my screen in a long time, the way she talks, acts, smokes and drinks.. I can barely look at her. Her party friends are no much better. 

I guess I'm on board just to find out some answers.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Backlog of shit I quite want to watch but am not commited to is blocking my sky box up. Must watch the Deuce, finish Westworld, Luther, Dynasties, Ballers, start the Passage and get up to speed with the new True Detective. 

I have so many shows I need to catch up on but then I just end up deciding to watch The Wire for the fortieth time instead.

@Veltigar saw a 'coming soon' as for Derry Girls season 2 on channel 4 this evening. Thought you ought to know ;)

Finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I liked the way this cooky comedy ended but I think the fourth season as a whole fell a bit flat. Tbh the show never was as good as it's first season, but I enjoyed it all the same

23 minutes ago, briantw said:

I have so many shows I need to catch up on but then I just end up deciding to watch The Wire for the fortieth time instead.

A rewatch of the greatest show of all time is never a bad thing. I think I'm on my mid 20s. 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

A rewatch of the greatest show of all time is never a bad thing. I think I'm on my mid 20s. 

Note: Not actually on forty.  Definitely in the double digits though.  Usually watch it at least once a year.

15 minutes ago, briantw said:

Note: Not actually on forty.  Definitely in the double digits though.  Usually watch it at least once a year.

Used to watch it a lot. Then my wife tried to watch it and didn't like it that much and I had to re evaluate our whole relationship. 

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Used to watch it a lot. Then my wife tried to watch it and didn't like it that much and I had to re evaluate our whole relationship. 

I knew a previous relationship was doomed when she didn't like The Wire or Arrested Development.  :lol:

55 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Three episodes into I Am The Night and still waiting for something to actually happen.  Hopefully it did with the ending of episode 3.

right?... it feels like this show is running in sand. ... Chris Pine is always terrific, and I think India eisley is going to be a star... but I would just love if this got going....

Also... We started watching Picnic at Hanging Rock,,, only 2 episodes in... it is really weird....lol

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Backlog of shit I quite want to watch but am not commited to is blocking my sky box up. Must watch the Deuce, finish Westworld, Luther, Dynasties, Ballers, start the Passage and get up to speed with the new True Detective. 

I just got completely caught up with The Deuce and found it very enjoyable.

18 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

It is a seriously F'ed up flick....lol... Guy Pierce is a world-class prick.... also, a couple of GoT castings in a western.... kind of counter-intuitive...lol

I thought it was really good. Pearce was terrifying. Totally depressing and bleak tho lol 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:06 PM, BigFatCoward said:

I liked it enough to watch it once and appreciate it. However, I don't think I would ever be interested in watching it ever again. I just didn't connect to it. But I am married to someone who was seriously into it, partly out of professional interest.

Watching the new Masterchef and wondering if I have gone beyond finding Greg Wallace a laughable buffoon and started finding him deeply awful.

Archived