Watched, Watching & Rewatch Redux

Zorral

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: well you certainly made me curious about what happens in episode 7. I loooooved the Tudors (even though that took an ugly turn after season 2 as well and had its own accuracy issues) and I had originally hoped this would be something similar. But it took about 5 minutes for the white queen to shatter that hope. 

I also loved the Tudors, even w/some of the historical issues, at least they were trying, LOL.  For White Queen, I couldn't take anymore Margaret Beauford as a bat shit insane villain, and Richard III as a hero, so your mileage will vary depending on where you come down on Richard III I guess, minus the general silliness and ineptness of the show.  

36 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I also loved the Tudors, even w/some of the historical issues, at least they were trying, LOL.  For White Queen, I couldn't take anymore Margaret Beauford as a bat shit insane villain, and Richard III as a hero, so your mileage will vary depending on where you come down on Richard III I guess, minus the general silliness and ineptness of the show.  

:lmao: oh my... episode 6 is quite the phenomenon as well. I love how these characters’ personalities and convictions take 180 degree turns every few episodes for no reason whatsoever. As I said, English history wasn’t overly detailed in the curriculum we had at school, so I don’t exactly have an opinion about Richard III. So I’ll just have to rely on how stupidly the show is written. 

Finished The Punisher recently, pretty good season if you like these types.

Watched a dumbass movie, only because I sucked at poker. Got knocked out really quick and was bored and saw that Cold Pursuit was starting soon. Whoops, double defeat.  Man this is bad, and it has a few good actors in it, Liam Nieson and Laura Dern...sort of...man what a waste of talent.  Don't pay money to see this, don't waste electricity at your home to watch it either. Thankfully the popcorn was good.

Late to the party but I started The Man in the high Castle S1, I am about 7 episodes in and like it. Love the premise so we will see how it goes.

By the way, re-watching The Wire and I still find it so weird that Aidan Gillen is a much better actor with a fake American accent than he is with his native Irish one.   Doesn't constantly seem like he's twirling his mustache with the American accent, I guess.  

I tried to watch The Umbrella Academy and stopped after the first 3 episodes.  The siblings and their adopted father all had unlikable qualities.  In turn, I stopped caring about their attempts at preventing the upcoming apocalypse.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, red snow said:

Dragon Prince is just as good as first season. I'm impressed at how they can make characters so likeable when they are doing pretty evil things eg trying to kill someone via a game. The show also manages to do human that's contemporary/our world specific without breaking the spell of this being a fantasy world - I'm looking at you Rian Johnson and you're TLJ jokes!

The whole thing just has a charm about it while being a cool fantasy - even if it's obvious where it's getting its ideas and worldbuilding from. Shame it's just 9 episodes again but hopefully it'll keep coming out every 4-5 months a bit like how Voltron got through 30 odd seasons in 3 years

She-it. I don't watch any Neflix for 3 days and I miss the 2nd season dropping. Mistakes have been made. 

50 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

She-it. I don't watch any Neflix for 3 days and I miss the 2nd season dropping. Mistakes have been made. 

I was lucky in actually getting a notification for once and season 2 trailer. The show deserves more love but hopefully as more episodes accumulate more people eill check out. 9 episode seasons boil down to feature length installments in a way

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Watched Happy Death Day, loved it, entertaining, light, not trying to be anything beyond a low cost slasher.

It was decent. Quite a few reviewers say it's best to watch the sequel with first film fresh in memory.

Just watched "Baptiste". Really love the character from "missing" and this is very similar but has dropped the "two timelines" set up. Something those frustrated with true detective and Westworld might appreciate.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

It was decent. Quite a few reviewers say it's best to watch the sequel with first film fresh in memory.

Just watched "Baptiste". Really love the character from "missing" and this is very similar but has dropped the "two timelines" set up. Something those frustrated with true detective and Westworld might appreciate.

Looking forward to this when it finally airs in the US. I enjoyed The Missing and Tcheky Karyo's Julien Baptiste was one of the best parts of it.

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

I saw pretty cool documentary in the theater, Free Solo, last night.  It's about a really hard core rock climber, and you don't have to know anything about rock climbing to enjoy it.  

We just watched this over the weekend and it was incredible as well as straight up gorgeous. Highly recommended for anyone who loves beautiful scenery, an obsessive guy at the top of his game and some truly tense moments.  

My lord, is this escalating quickly or what. The White Queen is covering a seasons’ worth of plot in two episodes........ and characters are still changing their personalities more often than their clothes. Faye Marsay is a better actress than her ridiculous role in GOT makes it appear, though. And why won’t these characters age? And where are three quarters of Elizabeth’s children gone?

Spoiler

And now Frodo had a falling out with the waif so he falls for his niece whose alleged being a bastard is the whole excuse of his ascension to the throne. My god... 

43 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My lord, is this escalating quickly or what. The White Queen is covering a seasons’ worth of plot in two episodes........ and characters are still changing their personalities more often than their clothes. Faye Marsay is a better actress than her ridiculous role in GOT makes it appear, though. And why won’t these characters age? And where are three quarters of Elizabeth’s children gone?

Hide contents

And now Frodo had a falling out with the waif so he falls for his niece whose alleged being a bastard is the whole excuse of his ascension to the throne. My god... 

That was such a strange choice, that we're covering almost 20 years, and no one gets a single grey hair.  What ep are you up to?  

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That was such a strange choice, that we're covering almost 20 years, and no one gets a single grey hair.  What ep are you up to?  

They did have the grace to add grey hairspray to some(!) of the male actors wigs/fake beard. I’m on episode 10, I have like 15 minutes left. 

29 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

They did have the grace to add grey hairspray to some(!) of the male actors wigs/fake beard. I’m on episode 10, I have like 15 minutes left. 

Haha.  Congratulations, you made it!  You win a free streaming of The White Princess, which I think I bailed on after only 3 or 4 episodes.

36 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Haha.  Congratulations, you made it!  You win a free streaming of The White Princess, which I think I bailed on after only 3 or 4 episodes.

Well it was spectacular. In episode 10, at 56:00 Elizabeth finally had wrinkles. So there’s that. All in all, I could see some effort and there were some redeeming sequences but sadly they were outshined by the immense amount of bullshit and high-speed character butchery.  Let us proceed and enjoy some more of the GOT-cast in Tudor-era England... 

Archived