Watched, Watching & Rewatch Redux

Zorral

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

If she returns it to the U.K. I will probably make an effort to go see it

Agreed. It's something I'd seek out. I'm still in shock at how the season 2 premier had me laughing one minute and shedding a tear the next. The show captures sibling rivalry/closeness incredibly well.

4 hours ago, red snow said:

Agreed. It's something I'd seek out. I'm still in shock at how the season 2 premier had me laughing one minute and shedding a tear the next. The show captures sibling rivalry/closeness incredibly well.

Im really impressed by PWB. And I’m glad she seems to be getting a big break now (please don’t ruin her Hollywood :( )

Needed a break from my rewatch of The Shield after “Postpartum”(:crying:) so I tried to watch Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom...ffs what a horrendous POS. Got about halfway through and had to turn it off.  It was hurting my head. Such a shame what this franchise has become. The original was my absolute favorite movie as a kid, and it sucks I couldn’t even finish the latest installment. 

I’ve been rewatching The Sopranos and just got to one of my favorite scenes in the series. When Tony goes to Paulie’s place and sees the altered painting of himself and Pie-O-My. Fucking Paulie acting like a sheepish little kid with his head down because Tony never visits him anymore, then Tony exploding per usual after finally seeing the painting. Kills me every time.

2 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I’ve been rewatching The Sopranos and just got to one of my favorite scenes in the series. When Tony goes to Paulie’s place and sees the altered painting of himself and Pie-O-My. Fucking Paulie acting like a sheepish little kid with his head down because Tony never visits him anymore, then Tony exploding per usual after finally seeing the painting. Kills me every time.

I had that painting as my avatar here at one point :lol:

the following scene, and what the painting inspired Tony to do, was not so funny however...

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I had that painting as my avatar here at one point :lol:

the following scene, and what the painting inspired Tony to do, was not so funny however...

I remember when you had the Goodfellas painting, don’t remember when you had that one. Paulie loved it so much. I wish we got to see his reaction after Tony left.

Another scene I recently saw, which I kinda dreaded when I remembered it was coming, was Tony needling Janice about her son at dinner. The miserable fuck saw her actually doing good and just couldn’t take it. Poor Bobby is always stuck in the middle of their shit.

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I remember when you had the Goodfellas painting, don’t remember when you had that one. Paulie loved it so much. I wish we got to see his reaction after Tony left.

Another scene I recently saw, which I kinda dreaded when I remembered it was coming, was Tony needling Janice about her son at dinner. The miserable fuck saw her actually doing good and just couldn’t take it. Poor Bobby is always stuck in the middle of their shit.

Sacre bleu where is me mama 

I love The Kinks song that ends that episode.

10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Needed a break from my rewatch of The Shield after “Postpartum”(:crying:) so I tried to watch Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom...ffs what a horrendous POS. Got about halfway through and had to turn it off.  It was hurting my head. Such a shame what this franchise has become. The original was my absolute favorite movie as a kid, and it sucks I couldn’t even finish the latest installment. 

Fallen Kingdom was quite possibly the dumbest movie I've ever seen.  

I seriously don't get what they're trying to do with these Jurassic Park movies.  The evil corporation stuff was never what attracted people to the first Jurassic Park, so I don't understand why they're leaning so heavily on that aspect with the new movies.  It was just a means to an end in the first movie to get the dinosaurs out of their cages.  That actual plotline is dropped completely once Newman dies around the end of the first act.  

And yet in these new movies it's literally the entire point and it's just so fucking stupid.  

I watched Oceans 8.

Its like a computer was given the formula for making an Oceans 11 movie, and sicked up its results whilst managing to be completely incapable of understanding humans. 

Also Rihanna should never be allowed to 'act' in a movie again. What level of bribery keeps her going?

Watched Captain Marvel today, perfectly entertaining movie. Lots of 90's throw backs and Stan Lee, so what's not to like? Probably top third of the MCU movies.  Best line for me was "I don't have to prove anything to you".

I’ll take my son to see Captain Marvel (although I’m pretty fed up with the formulaic comic book movies now).  We might wait until his spring break starts in 2.5 weeks, but I expect it will still be on plenty of screens then. 

Still watching Endeavour and enjoying it. 

Insatiable became a soapy farce.  The crude humor occasionally elicits a laugh from sheer shock, but mostly I’m playing Golf Clash on my iPhone as my wife watches. 

I tried Big Mouth for a couple of episodes. Funny and well done, but not something I would watch many episodes of. 

I’ll continue with Umbrella Academy on flights, but I need a longer lasting option for those.  Justified ran for ~80 episodes. 

Finally got around to watching Chopper after wanting to see it for years now. It did not disappoint. Amazing performance from Eric Bana. Didn’t expect it to be so funny either, going off the other Andrew Dominik movies I’ve seen. Too bad this doesn’t have a U.S. Blu-ray release, as I would definitely buy it. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Finally got around to watching Chopper after wanting to see it for years now. It did not disappoint. Amazing performance from Eric Bana. Didn’t expect it to be so funny either, going off the other Andrew Dominik movies I’ve seen. Too bad this doesn’t have a U.S. Blu-ray release, as I would definitely buy it. 

One of the most quotable films ever. 

17 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I watched Oceans 8.

Its like a computer was given the formula for making an Oceans 11 movie, and sicked up its results whilst managing to be completely incapable of understanding humans. 

Also Rihanna should never be allowed to 'act' in a movie again. What level of bribery keeps her going?

Isn't that every Ocean's movie?  Not one of them is particular good.  The concept is everything goes according to plan, you just don't know it until the big reveal at the end.  Why does anyone ever like these movies?  It isn't more complex than a bunch of pretty people walking down a cat walk.

27 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Isn't that every Ocean's movie?  Not one of them is particular good.  The concept is everything goes according to plan, you just don't know it until the big reveal at the end.  Why does anyone ever like these movies?  It isn't more complex than a bunch of pretty people walking down a cat walk.

I think the first one is good, if a little dated now. At the very least it had characters I liked and a central reason for the heist that I could get behind. 

Archived