The Magicians Season 4+ [SHOW SPOILER - No Book Spoilers]

RedEyedGhost

On 2/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, Zorral said:

I quit this series.  It suddenly turned not fun, not interesting.  I love the actors to death, but they are in script bog.

Same. Actors are great, set design is fun but I really don't think the show runners have (or care about) any real concept of a story they're telling. 

47 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

What is the last material covered in the books anyway?

Basically the rescue of Alice from her state of being a niffin, and Quentin and another character, Plum, trying to earn money by stealing a magic suitcase, which Penny, now head librarian, also is trying to steal for the library. The suitcase contains a dagger that can kill a god. Fillory is dying which can only be resolved by the death of Umber, (Ember is dead at this point, iirc) who is killed by Quentin, which leads to the destruction of Fillory, something that turns out has to happen, the death of old gods and the emergence of new gods. But it turns out his special power, which was so ‘minor’ if couldn’t be detected by the professors at the school for years, ‘the repair of small things’, actually means he can repair and recreate Fillory and actually create new worlds, and he and Alice go off hand in hand to explore a new world he has created. It turns out the new world is connected to Fillory, since it’s from a later book in the series, and Quentin and Alice realize they can travel back there through the new world. They thought they were blocked forever. Everyone else lives in the new Fillory, including Julia who is a Demi-goddess and gave Quentin a seed pod he needed to create the other world.

Alice was rescued, when, two seasons ago? And instead of Fillery being destroyed and remade, they’ve done this time thing like the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe where every time they return in subsequent books it’s further in the future. Penny’s character is totally different, there aren’t two of him.

The pencil case storyline is the one in which Quentin and Plum got together, and that destroyed Quentin's career as a professor at Brakebills. I wonder how this is going to be worked into the story, or if it was just a crumb thrown to readers. (I'm in the middle of watching the episode)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 9:40 PM, SpaceChampion said:

hmmm...  finale was nice, but maybe too fast-paced to really enjoy each moment.  No comments?  I'm going to miss this show.

I agree.  Too many Debbie Downers in this thread kept me from making the time to pop in earlier.  I loved that there were knife trees in their new world.  I really loved how Fen developed over the years.

Archived