The Magicians Season 4+ [SHOW SPOILER - No Book Spoilers]

RedEyedGhost

29 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Jason Ralph is done with the show. Quentin isn't coming back. He dead.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/the-magicians-finale-death.html

I admit I waited until the final second for something to happen that might indicate we wouldn t stay dead…

While it was a brave decision I think it was kind of stupid. Quentin was kind of the glue between the protagonists. 

3 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Hacking the underworld next season with the library's full resources?    (Alice's mission would be a common quest in mythology.  Bring him back.)

Dark King for 300 years.   Almost has to be a hottie.

So the writers are happy Julia isn't a goddess because it's tough to have challenges when a god is on the team.  But it blows too.  One way to accept it is to say the crew had more wisdom in turning down that power than the library director who overreached and would have made a mess of things.  Her eyes looked great with blue godshine is the problem.

Q.

The writers are happy because they've reinvented fridging only, meta alert, they flipped it around! So bold and daring. 

Oh well, we'll always have "A Life In The Day". You know, the episode that showed a ton of interesting potential that the writers threw away so we can have more Library plots. They might as well kill Penny next - after hitting a home run with the reinvention of that character, they've reduced him to dimensional Uber driver to get people to Fillory, etc... 

4 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

The writers are happy because they've reinvented fridging only, meta alert, they flipped it around! So bold and daring. 

Oh well, we'll always have "A Life In The Day". You know, the episode that showed a ton of interesting potential that the writers threw away so we can have more Library plots. They might as well kill Penny next - after hitting a home run with the reinvention of that character, they've reduced him to dimensional Uber driver to get people to Fillory, etc... 

People like the new penny super obecessive with julia?

Yet another fun season... thoughts for next season....

... I wouldn;t put too much stock in Jason/Quentin leaving the show... although he might actually be leaving, with the nature of PR misdirection it's too early to etch it in stone... 

... it'll be nice to have the real Elliott back... he literally wasn;t himself all season.

... The Margo/Josh thing ... I've decided that I'm all for it. 

... I do like non-goddess Julia better... and I still cant get used to her and Penny... maybe its because dead penny was such an asshole....

... the one character I never warmed to was Kady... but I kind of liked her this season. 

... I'll always smile when I hear "Here I go Again" now

So now at the very end after he's dead I learn that Jason Ralph has two first names.

It was a season of odd dating of non-badboys, which signals the group is almost ready to marry and settle down.  

The graphics department keeps showing us lots of lil' donut worlds floating in space for some reason.   Maybe no one has the heart to tell the CGI crew to stop making those irrelevant shots?

Our Lady Underground and a butt ton of gods got death.   Job openings?   

Shuddered when the cards froze in mid air.

Praying for dragon plotlines.    They're so much better when they're intelligent.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just sent a friend request to Lev Grossman. I’m friends with other authors (yes, please, friend me! Friend me! And tell all your friends to friend me!) so I don’t know why I didn’t think to do so a few years ago. One of the first posts that popped up was an announcement in July of the release of a graphic novel, The Magicians: Alice’s Story. I may have to look that up!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last week was such a hot mess I couldn't even be bothered commenting. One of the rules of the Magician's world is you can't do things like cure cancer or bring back the dead. So they use a golem instead? Oh, bugger off. 

This week's writing was terribly cliched and weak. As soon as the bottle goes in the bag I was waiting for the bag to be stolen. As soon as the stranger destroys the taker when Eliot couldn't I knew it was the Dark King. He's really just a swell guy. Like Donald Trump, eh, very charming when you talk to him one on one.

And the big reveal of TRUE CHARACTER! OMG! Who woulda guessed it!

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is cussing on most channels this year, so saying the moon is a wily cunt who doesn't want to die doesn't stand out as much as you'd think it would.

The two parter with the whales pretty much banged.     

The dark king story isn't totally boring.  Totally boring is those uninspired fantasy novels where the dark lord is like, "I'm so evil, and also in a leadership position, just as you'd expect."   Fen is off to have a faerie adventure next to get their side of the story.   The librarian seems to have joined the gang.   Penny is addicted to meth.   Josh will give you the coronavirus AND werewolfism but you'll eat well.   Todd is still stressed out despite being jacked off.   Dean Fog needs to be rescued from paradise.   Julia and Alice and Kady all working together is nice to see.  Margo the gladiator.  All Hale the king.   

Archived