Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

20 hours ago, Nittanian said:

So Robert takes the throne in 283, Stannis builds a new fleet and takes Dragonstone in 284, and Robert grants castles to his brothers in 286/287 (if ACOK begins in 299)?

That would work nicely with the time of Stannis and Selyse's marriage. Maybe the Lordship of Dragonstone was Robert's wedding gift ?

1 hour ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

That would work nicely with the time of Stannis and Selyse's marriage. Maybe the Lordship of Dragonstone was Robert's wedding gift ?

21 hours ago, Nittanian said:

Robert grants castles to his brothers in 286/287 (if ACOK begins in 299)?

Maybe the timing has something to do with Joffrey's birth (he was born in 286). Possibly, while Robert didn't had a child with Cersei, he was keeping Stannis, who at that time was his heir, at royal court in KL. But when Cersei gave birth to Joffrey, Robert had no need for Stannis anymore, thus he sent him away to Dragonstone, and married him to Selyse. They got married either in 286 or 287, because Edric Storm, who was conceived on their wedding night, was born in 287.

So, possibly, the reason, why there was several years gap between Robert's Rebellion, and Robert giving those castles to his brothers, is because Robert didn't had a heir until 286. Then, after Joffrey's birth, it took some time for Robert to find a match for Stannis, to arrange the wedding, to prepare Dragonstone for them moving there, etc. That could be the reason for additional delay, why they went on Dragonstone in 287 (or late in 286).

Her brother Viserys had once feasted the captains of the Golden Company, in hopes they might take up his cause. They ate his food and heard his pleas and laughed at him. Dany had only been a little girl, but she remembered.

When was Griff a captain of the GC? What are the chances he was present in this scene?

3 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

When was Griff a captain of the GC? What are the chances he was present in this scene?

Jon stayed five years with the GC. That would place is fake-death around 289 AC. Viserys and Daenerys stayed in the house with the red door in Braavos until Willem Darry's death, which has been calculated to have occured in around 289 or 290 AC. So it is possible but unlikely Jon and Viserys meet at that time.

I wonder if Jon knew Viserys and Daenerys were at Braavos. And if he knew, I wonder why did he choose to stay with the GC/to look after Aegon instead of joining them.

21 hours ago, namesarehard said:

I'm sure it's been discussed before but honestly, what's the difference between silver hair and grey hair?

Normally, the proportion of black/dark and white (colour lost). 'Silver' is normally much higher proportion white than 'grey'. 
In Targaryen terms, it seems to me to be more shiny/metallic (sparkly-shiny more than glossy-shiny.

21 hours ago, namesarehard said:

In the show Dany's hair was that blond that borders on white. Do you think that's accurate?

No, I think it should have been more of a sparkly-shiny pale yellow.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Nobles and knights can get ransomed, but what happens to the common soldiers who got captured? 

They will likely remain captive, are executed, or, in tines of war, offered to change their allegiance. 

Ned was opposed to execution of prisoners so I guess that was common practice?

Is there a specific passage you are thinking about?

Do we know the six companions with Rhaegar when he took Lyanna? It was Dayne, Whent, Mooton, and Lonmouth. But who were the other 2? Jon Con doesn’t seem to recall Lyanna so I doubt he was one. Maybe the Darrys?

Edited by Crona

2 hours ago, Crona said:

Do we know the six companions with Rhaegar when he took Lyanna? It was Dayne, Whent, Mooton, and Lonmouth. But who were the other 2? Jon Con doesn’t seem to recall Lyanna so I doubt he was one. Maybe the Darrys?

Dayne and Whent appear so, Mooton and Lonmouth are favourite guesses in the fandom, but are not confirmed. Nothing is furthermore known at the moment.

19 hours ago, Crona said:

Do we know the six companions with Rhaegar when he took Lyanna? It was Dayne, Whent, Mooton, and Lonmouth. But who were the other 2?

Could be that three out of those 6 were squires - Arthur's squire, Rhaegar's and Oswell Whent's. And the sixth person could have been maester Marwyn.

21 hours ago, Crona said:

Him not thinking about her doesn't mean he wasn't there or doesn't remember her.