Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I never stoped wondering about this: in Dorne, which has absolute primogeniture, If Ryon Allyrion, heir of Delonne Allyrion and house Allyrion, married Ynyn Yronwood, eldest child and heir of house Yronwood, and they had two children. So, which house absorbs which?

Other question : Sylva Santagar, the heir of Symon Santagar, was married to lord Eldon Estermont, from the Stormlands. Does it means that if they would have a child together, all titles and lands of the house Santagar will move to a house Estermont and, therefore, to the Stormlands?

1 hour ago, Malgoth said:

in Dorne, which has absolute primogeniture, If Ryon Allyrion, heir of Delonne Allyrion and house Allyrion, married Ynyn Yronwood, eldest child and heir of house Yronwood, and they had two children. So, which house absorbs which?

I seem to remember that not all Dornish houses practise primogeniture, the Stony Dornishmen might not do so.

5 hours ago, Malgoth said:

I never stoped wondering about this: in Dorne, which has absolute primogeniture, If Ryon Allyrion, heir of Delonne Allyrion and house Allyrion, married Ynyn Yronwood, eldest child and heir of house Yronwood, and they had two children. So, which house absorbs which?

I don't think absorbing a house happens. Ynys's children are Allyrions, and that's the House the eldest will rule. As far as I understand it the rule of the House passes down to the next child. Myriah Martell was the eldest child and in line to rule Dorne, but her brother became the ruler of Dorne after she married Daeron. And the pact that was signed to marry Arianne and Viserys would have made Quentyn the ruler of Dorne after Doran died. Unless something happens to Gwyneth Yronwood, then I think she should be the one to inherit after her father dies. And if something happens to her, then I think Ynys's other son would become the Lord of Yronwood, and change his last name from Allyrion to Yronwood.

22 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I don't think absorbing a house happens. Ynys's children are Allyrions, and that's the House the eldest will rule. As far as I understand it the rule of the House passes down to the next child. Myriah Martell was the eldest child and in line to rule Dorne, but her brother became the ruler of Dorne after she married Daeron. And the pact that was signed to marry Arianne and Viserys would have made Quentyn the ruler of Dorne after Doran died. Unless something happens to Gwyneth Yronwood, then I think she should be the one to inherit after her father dies. And if something happens to her, then I think Ynys's other son would become the Lord of Yronwood, and change his last name from Allyrion to Yronwood.

Thank you for the answer. I seriously never thought about it. Now I curious how they decide who will give up her/his claim. Ryon Allyrion never mentioned having any siblings and could as well be the only child. On the other hand, Ynys brother Cletus Yronwood has died during the journey with Quentyn Martell, and little Gwyneth can and likely is a secret bastard, if we take into consideration that she is the only in her family of stony dornishmans, who have a very sandy dornish looks. Hey, maybe even Ryon Allyrion is her real father, who already fathered a bastard - Daemon. Well, it's my small speculation. Anyway, house Yronwood is much more powerful than house Allyrion, so maybe it's that's how they decide? And what about second question about Sylva?

On 5/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Jova Snow said:

But what if it is qqat and Marwyn is high 90% of the time? But asoiaf isn't somewhere I would love to live if there is no caffeine! What about tea? Are they made from different herbs or is there black tea too? 

Maybe it's Coca leaves? Then he would have a lot of energy and definitely high 99% of the time.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:45 AM, Malgoth said:

Other question : Sylva

, the heir of Symon Santagar, was married to lord Eldon Estermont, from the Stormlands. Does it means that if they would have a child together, all titles and lands of the house Santagar will move to a house Estermont and, therefore, to the Stormlands?

Lord Estermont seems to already have many male heirs from previous marriage(s). It is highly unlikely that the Lord of Estermont would also become Knight of Spottswood if Eldon and Sylva have children. It is probable that the children may be considered Santagars.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Malgoth said:

Thank you for the answer. I seriously never thought about it. Now I curious how they decide who will give up her/his claim. Ryon Allyrion never mentioned having any siblings and could as well be the only child. On the other hand, Ynys brother Cletus Yronwood has died during the journey with Quentyn Martell, and little Gwyneth can and likely is a secret bastard, if we take into consideration that she is the only in her family of stony dornishmans, who have a very sandy dornish looks. Hey, maybe even Ryon Allyrion is her real father, who already fathered a bastard - Daemon. Well, it's my small speculation. Anyway, house Yronwood is much more powerful than house Allyrion, so maybe it's that's how they decide? And what about second question about Sylva?

We don't know who Anders Yronwood's wife is, she may be from a house where dark hair is common. So it feels somewhat baseless to say she is illegitimate simply based off her features.

If Delonne Allyrion has no other children, then it makes sense that she would want her son's children to be considered Allyrion. While, at the time of Ynys's marriage, she had other siblings that could take up Yronwood.

The World of Ice & Fire app lists Gwyneth as heir to Yronwood in the wake of Cletus's death, so it is likely that Ynys was in fact disinherited as a result of her marriage into House Allyrion, rather than the Yronwoods following male-preference succession.

5 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Did Brynden Rivers ever win a tourney and crown Shiera Seastar the queen of love and beauty?

Not that we’ve heard of, to the best of my recollection.

Yeah, real helpful, I know! :lol:

24 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not that we’ve heard of, to the best of my recollection.

Yeah, real helpful, I know! :lol:

LOL!  Did BR participate in tourneys at all? Is this BR?

A Storm of Swords - Bran II

Bran nodded sagely. Mystery knights would oft appear at tourneys, with helms concealing their faces, and shields that were either blank or bore some strange device. Sometimes they were famous champions in disguise. The Dragonknight once won a tourney as the Knight of Tears, so he could name his sister the queen of love and beauty in place of the king's mistress. And Barristan the Bold twice donned a mystery knight's armor, the first time when he was only ten. "It was the little crannogman, I bet."

Edited by LynnS

11 minutes ago, LynnS said:

LOL!  Did BR participate in tourneys at all? Is this BR?

The Dragonknight? That’s Aemon Targaryen, son of Viserys II and brother of Naerys (I think) and Aegon.

I don’t remember any instance where we're told of Bloodraven participating in tourney, but I could be wrong.

Guys, do we know what happened to Gwenys and Mya Rivers? I doubd that Brynden would do to them, his sisters, the same thing he done with Alysanne, Lily, Willow and Rosey. Also, considering that Gwenys and Mya were noble origin and have been legitimized, they become Targaryens, so their value for the crown was increased.

3 hours ago, Malgoth said:

Guys, do we know what happened to Gwenys and Mya Rivers?

We don't know. One or both of may have died as a child, or married & had children (back into the Blackwoods or rival Brackens are two interesting possibilities, among others), or married but had no children, or joined the Faith (as still Prince Aegon's earlier daughters by Megette had been sent to by their royal grandfather), or lived in exile in Essos (say wed to Blackfyre supporter/s who they followed/& took any kids there - it'd be intriguing if they ended up aligned with Bittersteel & the Blackfyres rather than their full brother & the Targaryens), or mayhaps even been part of the Raven's Teeth. I imagine that Black Aly, Billy Burley, & Red Robb Rivers - with their weirwood arrows, incredible archery skill, & contingents of bowmen - were inspirations for Brynden to use, develop, & form the same. Perhaps Mya &/or Gwenys were similar to both Alysanne & Bloodraven, becoming part of the company's leadership.

Edited by Lord Corlys Velaryon
Formatting & slight additions

15 hours ago, Lord Corlys Velaryon said:

We don't know. One or both of may have died as a child, or married & had children (back into the Blackwoods or rival Brackens are two interesting possibilities, among others), or married but had no children, or joined the Faith (as still Prince Aegon's earlier daughters by Megette had been sent to by their royal grandfather), or lived in exile in Essos (say wed to Blackfyre supporter/s who they followed/& took any kids there - it'd be intriguing if they ended up aligned with Bittersteel & the Blackfyres rather than their full brother & the Targaryens), or mayhaps even been part of the Raven's Teeth. I imagine that Black Aly, Billy Burley, & Red Robb Rivers - with their weirwood arrows, incredible archery skill, & contingents of bowmen - were inspirations for Brynden to use, develop, & form the same. Perhaps Mya &/or Gwenys were similar to both Alysanne & Bloodraven, becoming part of the company's leadership.

I''m always been thinking that they were pretty important : they have the same genes as a Bloodraven, so they or their decedants could have become a greenseers. (Before anyone tell me that only 1/1000000 can become a greenseer, look at the Starks - all Eddard's kids + Jon Snow are skinchangers, and it's really isn't 1*/1000 what we were told).

Is Ramsay literate?

I know that Theon claims he is at Moat Calin

"That is a safe conduct, written in Lord Ramsay's own hand"

ADwD Ch.20 Reek II

But that was clearly not a safe conduct, and was never opened. 

There's the letters to Asha and Robb, and the Pink Letter, but Cotter Pyke sends letters to LC Jon Snow, and we know he is illiterate. 

I can't recall a scene where Ramsey reads something, or confers with an amenuensis, or glances at a proclamation, or toys with a seal (does he have a seal?). On the other hand, I can't remember anyone commenting on his literacy.

My apologies if this is a done-to-death topic. 

Also, 

Spoiler

Winds of Winter

Spoiler

Alayne April 2015

"Four-and-sixty knights had come to tilt for the right to wear falcon's wings upon their warhelms and guard their lord"..."sixty-four competitors who had come so far to contest for silver wings before their lord."

Does this mean there are 18 contestants that are hoping to become knights when they win their tourney?

Or was it a sunspot, and if so, should there be 46 dishes or 64 knights?

Edited by Walda
Numeracy