Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

20 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Hi guys, so I'll be taking a break from this forum for the next 6 months or so, decided to post here to all my friends south  North of the (Forum) Wall. Educational institution reopening, shifting focus on career, whatever that may be...hard...adios

Good luck, best wishes...

On 9/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, TheLastWolf said:

Hi guys, so I'll be taking a break from this forum for the next 6 months or so, decided to post here to all my friends south  North of the (Forum) Wall. Educational institution reopening, shifting focus on career, whatever that may be...hard...adios

LOL.

See you Monday.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:14 AM, TheLastWolf said:

See you. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Was it ever revealed why Littlefinger wants to hold a tourney in TWOW? The Brotherhood of the Winged Knights is the pretext, but what's the purpose?

I think its a pretext to get Alayne Stone and Harry the Heir to meet each other and hopefully get him to agree to the betrothal. His consent is the one thing barring the match, so Alayne must try to woo him.

29 minutes ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

I think its a pretext to get Alayne Stone and Harry the Heir to meet each other and hopefully get him to agree to the betrothal. His consent is the one thing barring the match, so Alayne must try to woo him.

Seems like such a convoluted way to arrange for that. You just know something crazy is going to happen. I can't wait :D

One of the best things about this series is that it’s so detailed that every time I re-read it, it’s like reading it for the first time. One of the worst things about this series is that it’s so detailed that I inevitably end up forgetting a ton of stuff.

Did the Redwyne fleet sail to the Reach after Loras took Dragonstone, or were they part of the force Mace took with him to King’s Landing? 

5 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

One of the best things about this series is that it’s so detailed that every time I re-read it, it’s like reading it for the first time. One of the worst things about this series is that it’s so detailed that I inevitably end up forgetting a ton of stuff.

Did the Redwyne fleet sail to the Reach after Loras took Dragonstone, or were they part of the force Mace took with him to King’s Landing? 

The queen sent for him at once. As soon as he strode into her solar, she knew his tidings were good. "Your Grace," he said with a broad smile, "Dragonstone is yours."
"How splendid." She took his hands and kissed him on the cheeks. "I know Tommen will be pleased as well. This will mean that we can release Lord Redwyne's fleet, and drive the ironmen from the Shields."

22 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Most of the Redwyne fleet is now returning to the Reach, but some ships are probably still near Storm's End.

Paxter Redwyne owned two hundred warships, and five times as many merchant carracks, wine cogs, trading galleys, and whalers. Redwyne was encamped beneath the walls of Dragonstone, however, and the greater part of his fleet was engaged in ferrying men across Blackwater Bay for the assault on that island stronghold. The remainder prowled Shipbreaker Bay to the south, where only their presence prevented Storm's End from being resupplied by sea. (AFFC Cersei VII)

If, according to popular theories, Serra/Varys are Blackfyres or Brightflames, and they wanted to claim the Iron Throne for Serra's descendants, then why Varys just didn't tell Aerys about the suitable bride for Rhaegar with a lot of dragon blood? Isn't the whole Steffon's Baratheon mission to the Free cities was to find Blackfyre or other Targaryen related girl for Rheagar to marry?

Edited by Malgoth

On 9/27/2021 at 5:38 AM, Malgoth said:

If, according to popular theories, Serra/Varys are Blackfyres or Brightflames, and they wanted to claim the Iron Throne for Serra's descendants, then why Varys just didn't tell Aerys about the suitable bride for Rhaegar with a lot of dragon blood? Isn't the whole Steffon's Baratheon mission to the Free cities was to find Blackfyre or other Targaryen related girl for Rheagar to marry?

Not that I'm a huge fan of the theory, but if Serra was already married to Illirio she wouldn't be a suitable bride for Rhaegar. Also, it's questionable if Aerys would think an unconfirmed daughter of a bastard traitor as a suitable choice. 

Valiryan blood wasn't Aerys only requisite, or else Steffon would've returned west with a Lyseni whore, and a the married maybe daughter of a traitor bastard isn't much better than a whore (in Westerosi society)

Maybe this should be it’s own thread, but since Tysha really was a common girl who married Tyrion, does that mean that his marriage to Sansa is fraudulent? Because in this case, Tyrion’s first marriage would have been real, as well as consummated. Even if Tywin “annulled” it, he technically wouldn’t be able to.

30 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Maybe this should be it’s own thread, but since Tysha really was a common girl who married Tyrion, does that mean that his marriage to Sansa is fraudulent? Because in this case, Tyrion’s first marriage would have been real, as well as consummated. Even if Tywin “annulled” it, he technically wouldn’t be able to.

Tywin got the "septons" to undo the marriage:

"After he was done with her, my father had the marriage undone. It was as if we had never been wed, the septons said."