Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

4 hours ago, TGR said:

Or maybe Jaehaerys sent Dragonkeepers to Harrenhal and kept them there, until someone (Helaena, later on) claim the dragon? 

Well, we did have the bit about Laena sailing back to Driftmark with the twins and Daemon flying there with Caraxes and Vhagar.....considering how important a dragon was to the Targs before they lost them I would think either they did or their children.....IDK. 

When did Daeron, son of Aerys and Rhaella died? The wiki gives 269 AC as his birth date but doesn't state when the prince died, we are just given information about deaths of other children of the couple, a stillborn in 270, a miscarriage in 271, death of Aegon in 273, and then death of Jaehaerys in 274, but no information about Daeron. 

44 minutes ago, asongofheresy said:

When did Daeron, son of Aerys and Rhaella died? The wiki gives 269 AC as his birth date but doesn't state when the prince died, we are just given information about deaths of other children of the couple, a stillborn in 270, a miscarriage in 271, death of Aegon in 273, and then death of Jaehaerys in 274, but no information about Daeron. 

"Prince Daeron, born in 269, survived for only half a year."

Edit.: I just had a look at the wiki and the information is right on Daeron's page. ;-)

Edited by The Wondering Wolf

1 hour ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

"Prince Daeron, born in 269, survived for only half a year."

Edit.: I just had a look at the wiki and the information is right on Daeron's page. ;-)

Ah, I didn't go to his page which explains why I missed it, I was looking at wiki timeline of years and Prince Daeron's death wasn't listed for 269 or 270ac, thank you. 

On 10/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, TGR said:

PS: 2014 was the last time I posted in the forum, I know I lost a lot of content and discussions here, probably someone posted something. Sorry about that

Welcome back!

On 10/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, TGR said:

Does anyone have any theory about what house (or maybe who) is the Unnamed nobleman, descendant of Lord Gaemon Targaryen by way of a younger daughter who wed a petty lord, part of the Great Council of 101 AC?

The fact that his claim was passed over due to being a minor cousin, nine generations removed from the main branch, means that they believed in his history or that was the reason they gave him, just to shut him down quickly?

Also, George wrote this specific part to reinforce the tale of the dragonseeds, later on in the Dance of the Dragons? Or there are other meaning or development that we shall see in the future?

I'll offer up a more "meta" answer.  With the geneologies such as this one, George is setting up a pattern of distant female lines within the Targaryen family. 

Baela Targaryen's line descends into House Velaryon, Rhaena Targaryen's line (all daughters) descends into House Hightower.  Elaena's line descends into several other noble houses, one (House Longwaters) becoming it own new house.  Even the Blackfyre's are descended via the maternal line; Daemon Blackfyre's mother was Daena the Defiant.

One thing GRRM is setting up as well is the theme of dispossessed women.  Many of these women were also heirs who were passed over in succession.  Daena Targaryen, for example, was passed over with the reasons being both her sex and her behaving with "lack of propriety" according to her sex.  That is, bearing a child out of wedlock, having a stubborn and outspoken disposition instead of a submissive and quiet one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 10:46 PM, WhatAnArtist! said:

Does anyone know that it was Roose Bolton that killed Robb Stark? I know Martin described him as wearing his armour when he did it, but does that mean he was wearing a helmet too, to obscure his face? 

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." He thrust his longsword through her son's heart, and twisted.

It has to be either Roose or Walton and Walton is at KL so it's Roose.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:46 PM, WhatAnArtist! said:

Does anyone know that it was Roose Bolton that killed Robb Stark? I know Martin described him as wearing his armour when he did it, but does that mean he was wearing a helmet too, to obscure his face? 

Catelyn watches Roose Bolton deliver the final blow to her son, stabbing him through the heart.

From the wiki

8 hours ago, Brynden"Bloodraven" Rivers said:

From the wiki

But since she's LSH now (not exactly sane fueled by revenge) and the BwB aren't exactly going to be taken at their word, do the general public or at least nobility know?

I think this is what @WhatAnArtist! means, correct me if i'm wrong

25 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

But since she's LSH now (not exactly sane fueled by revenge) and the BwB aren't exactly going to be taken at their word, do the general public or at least nobility know?

I think this is what @WhatAnArtist! means, correct me if i'm wrong

Yeah that's what I meant. Obviously the Freys get plenty of hate for their involvement in the Red Wedding, and even the Lannisters to a lesser extent, but I was curious about how the Boltons are viewed, and if it's common knowledge that Roose was involved with it. That'd severely hurt his chances of pacifying the North, if that's the case.

47 minutes ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

Yeah that's what I meant. Obviously the Freys get plenty of hate for their involvement in the Red Wedding, and even the Lannisters to a lesser extent, but I was curious about how the Boltons are viewed, and if it's common knowledge that Roose was involved with it. That'd severely hurt his chances of pacifying the North, if that's the case.

Obviously he's walking on thin ice (literally too, Battle of Winterfell in Winds in gonna be on the frozen lake)

If Gendry (currently with the BwB) becomes the next Baratheon/Lord of Storm's End like I think or at least a recognized bastard (knight now) he can add fuel to the fire of Bolton's pyre, elaborating on how he was the exact person who stabbed Robb, news courtesy LSH. Fox, Stag news.

• 2 weeks later...

How can House Frey get income from people passing by the Twins if the Green Fork only goes on up into the Neck, splits in two and then stops there, whereas the King’s Road goes to the east of the Twins, continues all the way to Winterfell, and is the path that should get the most trade?

Does House Frey only get income from people trading between The Riverlands and The Neck, I. E. people trading with the elusive crannogmen?

On the old North VS South map of Westeros, but from my pocket edition of ADWD, the King’s Road seems to pass clearly to the east of the Twins and therefore noone would have to pass over the Twins. (Including Robb’s army as well!!)

So what’s the deal with that? Is the map just old and faulty or what’s the thing?

Edited by Adam Targaryen
Changed spelling error

22 minutes ago, Ran said:

You mean the ASoIaF ones? I think by this point in time his approval is fairly cursory on those.

Ok, thanks. In the scene with Sansa and the Hound after the Battle of the Blackwater, the comic removed him putting his knife to her throat, and we were wondering whether that was the artist’s decision or George’s.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Ok, thanks. In the scene with Sansa and the Hound after the Battle of the Blackwater, the comic removed him putting his knife to her throat, and we were wondering whether that was the artist’s decision or George’s.

What did it get changed to?  

42 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

What did it get changed to?  

He just grabs her wrist and tells her to sing.

https://gotham-at-nightfall.tumblr.com/post/652376932333256705/the-hound-visits-sansa-before-he-flees-kings

I could see it being an artistic decision, but I also imagine that after 20 years, there are probably some scenes George wants to tweak.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Have we seen the Westerlands yet? I don't recall any POV chapters being set there. That would make it the only kingdom we haven't seen yet.

no , we haven't. but ,fortunately, we'll finally see Westerlands in tWoW;)