Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

On 2/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Do we know what Dorne is like in winter?

Even thought this is one month old now, Imma still reply to this lol

As far as I remember George RR Martin once said that it does snow sometimes in the south, but almost never in Dorne..? So I'd say that the temperature in Dorne stays quite the same, even in winter, maybe it has minimal changes that aren't really noticeable but that's just my guess.

Anyways, I think he mentioned it somewhere right here:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/The_Effects_of_Winter/

@Loose Bolt

My guess is that House Swyft supported the Blackfyres at least once. And so, like the Conningtons & Darrys after Robert's Rebellion, the Swyfts were reduced from lords to landed knights. If perhaps not losing so much land & wealth as those two houses.

Plus, with Cornfield's proximity to regionally-powerful Crakehall - assuming Redtusk indeed was from the namesake house, that is - it's not hard to imagine them fighting for the Black Dragon. Redtusk could've been married to a Swyft, counted one as his (grand)mother, been good friends with the lord/heir, or whatever.

And as they almost certainly weren't among the most powerful of Lannister vassals anyway, Daeron II would've had more leeway to punish the Swyfts thusly. Compared to the likes of the Brackens to the Tullys, Yronwoods to the Martells, & (possibly) the Crakehalls &/or Reynes to the Lannisters - all of whom retained their lordly status, at least.

20 minutes ago, Lady Em said:

Do we ever got to know how Jaquen H'ghar was captured by Yoren in ACOK? 

I'm just wondering how someone so skilled could get captured. Maybe he got caught while fulfilling an "order" he got? But idk, what do yall think? 

Wasn't he already in the black cells when Yoren arrived?

Edited by Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

10 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Wasn't he already in the black cells when Yoren arrived?

Oh yes, you're right, I mixed the series with the books rn.. But yeah, now when you said it, I think he was. But still, how did he end up there?

4 minutes ago, Lady Em said:

Oh yes, you're right, I mixed the series with the books rn.. But yeah, now when you said it, I think he was. But still, how did he end up there?

He is a Faceless Man, he has the ability.

There is a great theory by In Deep Geek about this: Jaqen was hired by Littlefinger to kill Ned. Ned was supposed to be in Yoren's caravan to the Wall. So Jaqen needs to get on the caravan too, and the easiest way to do it is to be in the black cells, because that's where Yoren goes to get recruits. But Ned was executed before getting on the caravan, so Jaqen moved on to his next objective in Oldtown.

Edited by Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

14 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

There is a great theory by In Deep Geek about this: Jaqen was hired by Littlefinger to kill Ned. Ned was supposed to be in Yoren's caravan to the Wall. So Jaqen needs to get on the caravan too, and the easiest way to do it is to be in the black cells, because that's where Yoren goes to get recruits. But Ned was executed before getting on the caravan, so Jaqen moved on to his next objective in Oldtown.

Ooh thats actually very interesting! I've only heard about the theory that Syrio Forell is Jaquen H'ghar, but idk what to think about that.

The theory with Ned and Petyr definitely makes more sense tho 

Let it not be forgotten: in his youth, Daemon Targaryen had been the
“Prince of the City,” his face and laugh familiar to every cutpurse, whore,
and gambler in Flea Bottom. The prince still had friends in the low places
of King’s Landing, and followers amongst the gold cloaks. Unbeknownst
to King Aegon, the Hand, or the Queen Dowager, he had allies at court as
well, even on the green council…

who was Daemon's ally in Green Council?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

On 3/23/2022 at 6:11 AM, Lady Em said:

Ooh thats actually very interesting! I've only heard about the theory that Syrio Forell is Jaquen H'ghar, but idk what to think about that.

The theory with Ned and Petyr definitely makes more sense tho 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Today I learned that Ned’s aunt, Branda Stark, married a minor Stormlander. Why?

well , see? there is new material if you look hard enough! 

though, I'm still more interested to know why it's ok for a Targaryen heir apparent to marry a Dondarian but not a Blackwood

57 minutes ago, Ran said:

I know, I know, oh, oh, oh

messing with us , are ya? ! 

3 hours ago, EggBlue said:

well , see? there is new material if you look hard enough! 

though, I'm still more interested to know why it's ok for a Targaryen heir apparent to marry a Dondarian but not a Blackwood

messing with us , are ya? ! 

Not sure, but Egg may have still been betrothed to his sister Daella at the time.