Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

22 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

With Jon Arryn dead, who was in charge in King's Landing when Robert was at Winterfell in AGoT?

I would assume, it was whoever was left on the Small Council. So, Barristan Selmy, Pycelle, Petyr Baelish, Varys and Renly Baratheon.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:06 PM, Alyx Rivers said:

I would assume, it was whoever was left on the Small Council. So, Barristan Selmy, Pycelle, Petyr Baelish, Varys and Renly Baratheon.

Of those I'd imagine either Baelish, Varys, or Pycelle since Renly and Barristan went up to the Inn at the Crossroads to meet the King's royal party.

25 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Of those I'd imagine either Baelish, Varys, or Pycelle since Renly and Barristan went up to the Inn at the Crossroads to meet the King's royal party.

If it was Littlefinger, it means that he achieved his ultimate goal of becoming the most powerful person in the realm... for a few weeks.

23 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Now that is incredible to think about. The three ultimate schemers, except Pycelle I guess haha, in charge of King's Landing.

Who was most likely better at swordplay and fighting in general: Aegon the Conqueror or Visenya? Or were they super evenly matched? And what was the ranking between Visenya, Aegon, Orys and Rhaenys? Like when they were practicing with their master-at-arms (Quentyn Qoherys, by the way), who would beat who? 

Edited by Adam Targaryen

how do jousting tourneys exactly work? I've been reading some Tourney of the Harrenhal theories. according to some theories Rhaegar enters the tourney after the knight of the laughing tree incident . but , is that possible ? can he enter the tourney right at the last rounds?

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

how do jousting tourneys exactly work? I've been reading some Tourney of the Harrenhal theories. according to some theories Rhaegar enters the tourney after the knight of the laughing tree incident . but , is that possible ? can he enter the tourney right at the last rounds?

It was not the kind of lists/bracket system we have seen elsewhere.

The tourney was a 'champions tourney.' At the beginning there were five knights, the champions (5 Whents). Knights could challenge one of the 5 and then take their spot. Then at some point it was either halted and each of the 5 left had to challenge each other to determine the final champ... or there were fewer than 5 champions (because of the Knight of the Laughing Tree ousting a few of them then leaving).

On 7/26/2022 at 11:56 AM, The Bard of Banefort said:

Did Arya and Sansa share a bedroom at Winterfell, or did they have their own rooms?

I'm pretty sure they had separate rooms.  Arya mentions being in her room a couple of times, and there was no indication she shared it.  I think Jon gave her Needle in her room, impossible if shared with Sansa.

17 hours ago, EggBlue said:

In that case I wonder how The Mountain got in position to joust Ser Hugh.

Per Doug Wheatley:

George told me in his notes that he had no description of Gyldayn except that he was old, precise, persnickety and opinionated. He also said that he did not want Gyldayn to look like him. The funny thing about these notes, I misread them the first time. I thought I read that George wanted Gyldayn to look like him, I got so excited about drawing George’s portrait I was jumping around my studio whooping and hollering. After I calmed down and read the directions again, I was like….oh, he shouldn’t look like George….right, of course. Lol!