Small Questions v. 10106

Rhaenys_Targaryen

On 5/11/2019 at 2:20 PM, Ckram said:

In "TLOIAF: The Known World", Ebonhead is marked as a town. In "TLOIAF: The West", Ebonhead is marked as a city. Which one is the right one?

I checked the app, it doesn't have an entry for Ebonhead. Meanwhile the map in the world book has no city/town sign.

So it's unknown. I'd guess it's a city.

Edited by zionius

1 hour ago, Quillon said:

Is this true? o.O 

@ 31:40

I have no clue. The last thing GRRM said in an interview when asked was that writing was going well as of April 2019.

Maybe Winds is done, but In 2018 he said in his blog comments that he hadn't started aDoS, so I don't think the both of them being done is true.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2018/04/25/fire-blood-on-the-way/#comment-701

Regardless, that's one hell of a statement. How was he allowed to say that?

Edited by Dark Syster

3 hours ago, SFDanny said:

No. It's been asked and answered in a closed thread.

Yeah, a lot of folks state things they believe to be true as fact. The actor says he has been told that the books have been written, but the George struck a deal with the show's producers. A lot of folks think that to be true, and a lot of folks have denied it. 

Dance made a hell of a lot of money when it was released a month or two after the first season...

I assume that there are still a lot of men left, but those do not have armors, weapons or necessary training. For instance in "Finland" year 1500 only about 1 of thousand was a cavalry man and less than 1% were soldiers. Or during that time estimated population of 300.000 people could call at arms only 300 cavalry men and 2450 infantry.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, Megorova said:

Which prominent character of ASOIAF had black horse, and also fits into description of the Third Horseman of the Apocalypse?

The first one, on white or silver horse fits with Dany's description. Second on red horse was Drogo (War/Conquest). The rider on pale horse, the fourth one (Death/pale mare), is obvious. Though, who was the third one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

"The Lamb of God opens the first four of the seven seals, which summons four beings that ride out on white, red, black, and pale horses.

The prophecy describes a period of time when a quarter of the population of the earth would be killed by a combination of wars, famine and disease. The prophecy describes the causes as 1) a conquering people whose weapon was the bow "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." 2) a people engaged in constant war "Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword." 3) high food prices leading to famine "before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!" and 4) disease " I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him."."

The Hound had black horse I think,called Stranger.Indeed it's stabled on the Quiet Isle.

@Ran Did George himself writes appendixes in ASOIAF books, or is it done by someone else? Are there appendixes in all versions of the books (paper, in Apple Books/digital books, etc.), and are they the same in all versions, or in some formats there's no appendixes? Were appendixes always a part of books, from their original print back in 90s, or were they added later, into later edditions?

Edited by Megorova

36 minutes ago, Megorova said:

@Ran Did George himself writes appendixes in ASOIAF books, or is it done by some else?

He writes them.

36 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Are there appendixes in all versions of the books (paper, in Apple Books/digital books, etc.), and are they the same in all versions, or in some formats there's no appendixes?

I can't speak about "all versions" because of the many translations, but so far as I'm aware all English language editions contain appendices.

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Mullendores were listed as a bannermen of Tyrells in AGOT appendix, in AFFC they are bannermen to Hightowers.

Will we get more changes such as this, or even new houses introduced? Also is there a possibility this is intentional; Since Hightowers were rewarded after Blackwater, perhaps this was their reward?

I think the appendices are unlikely to show more such tweaks going forward, but one never knows. New houses? Maybe, though as referenced within the appendices of already established families rather than getting appendices in their own right, I'd think.

I think the Mullendores have always been vassals of the Hightowers. George just clarified his sense of things as he progressed.

Edited by Ran

On 5/28/2019 at 2:36 AM, Alexis-something-Rose said:

The man-stone in Bran's wolf dream in ACoK 46, Bran VI, is it a statue? 

Its Man-rock, caves of piled stone, stone dens or burrows. 
As far as I can see, its always castle-rock, not statues.