NFL 2019 Super Bowl: the restless shade of Mike Martz

DanteGabriel

36 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Tony Romo should be Super Bowl MVP for his great analyst skills. 

And for keeping some sort of patter going when there was absolutely nothing worth talking about. 

But, yeah, Romo’s game analysis has been great throughout the playoffs. 

Edelman wins the MVP. It's deserved and he should be in the Hall of Fame. Yes, his regular season stats are mediocre, but the playoffs matter and the Owl matters even more.

Also, it's kind of amusing that it took nine tries for Belichick and Brady to finally win the Owl by more than one score -- and even then only because the Rams missed a field goal their kicker usually has no problems with.

35 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Edelman wins the MVP. It's deserved and he should be in the Hall of Fame. Yes, his regular season stats are mediocre, but the playoffs matter and the Owl matters even more.

Wasnt Edelman suspended for PEDs this season?

Something just occurred to me: Romo pointed out during the game and both Brady and Edelman mentioned during the post-game show that the Patriots were effectively playing a home game as far as the fan noise is concerned. It looks like the Rams did not have enough dedicated fans in Los Angeles who were willing to make the cross-country trip... but had they stayed in St. Louis, it's quite likely that the proportion of fans would be reversed as Atlanta is closer to St. Louis than to New England. Ordinarily, it doesn't matter when a team screws over its fans, but just this once, it had a tangible impact on the championship.

17 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

In a 13-3 battle they couldnt be bothered to award an MVP to a Defensive Player?

There was no single player on defense who stood out. It was an amazing team effort, but how do you pick one person out in this case? Edelman carried that offense the entire game; he has more than a third of their total yards and more than half of the passing yards.

10 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Wasnt Edelman suspended for PEDs this season?

I didn't remember this, but looking it up, yes, he was suspended long before the season began. It's kind of an interesting trend: mainstay Patriot gets suspended for 4 games to start the season, then wins the Superb Owl MVP as the team wins the Owl.

Relatively, that was a blowout, right?

I'm not okay with GoT and Bud cross-marketing, though the Mountain part was pretty good. I liked Harrison Ford's dog.  I think one or two others stood out but now I can't remember.

3 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Something just occurred to me: Romo pointed out during the game and both Brady and Edelman mentioned during the post-game show that the Patriots were effectively playing a home game as far as the fan noise is concerned. It looks like the Rams did not have enough dedicated fans in Los Angeles who were willing to make the cross-country trip... but had they stayed in St. Louis, it's quite likely that the proportion of fans would be reversed as Atlanta is closer to St. Louis than to New England. Ordinarily, it doesn't matter when a team screws over its fans, but just this once, it had a tangible impact on the championship.

Does anyone even show up to their games in LA? Pretty sure they were the only team with worse attendance than my Bengals this season. And our fans not showing up was understandable...

At the beginning of the game the crowd was louder for the Rams, IMO, but it didn't last long. Besides, half the people at the SB every year aren't fans of either team, they get tickets for businesses, corporate sponsors etc. If neither team is your favorite then you likely aren't getting very loud, you're just there for the experience.

Edelman made sense as MVP, he was the one constant on either offense, and as other said the defensive efforts were more spread out.

Archived