NFL 2019 Super Bowl: the restless shade of Mike Martz

DanteGabriel

38 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So Detroit is now home to every Patriots cast off. Smart move, take all the people Belechick  doesn't want....I am sure this will work out very well.

Past history usually bears this out but I wish the Pats had gotten Flowers back. He did everything right.

It'll be interesting to see how certain elements of the Pats fan base react to Michael Bennett, the latest budget veteran import to replace an outgoing guy due a big contract. Especially since Greg Schiano is going to be the new DC, had a bad experience with Bennett when they overlapped in Tampa, and is an authoritarian ragedouche who probably has a thin blue line police flag or Punisher logo on his truck somewhere.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You make me sick spreading this fake news for the Butcher of Benghazi.

Good thing I didn’t share the one about Jed York hosting secret pedophile parties in the basement of a DC pizza restaurant...

11 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Apparently the Washington Scumbags are going to sign Landon Collins to a 6 years, $84 million deal.  Seems like a pretty standard quick-fix sorta move.

I remember that he made a huge splash his rookie year, but everything I read indicated his play had tailed off since then and teams had started to exploit him in coverage.  Nonetheless, I was really surprised the Giants let him walk.  It would seem that Washington still thinks he's an elite safety at that price. 

He led the Giants in tackles all 4 years he was there. He’s a great run-stopper but cheats up a lot which gets him into trouble over the top, especially on playactions. Not the best single cover guy either. He is a leader out there but just don’t expect a ball hawk. 

His sophomore year was his big one but I don’t know if he’ll ever replicate 5 ints again... although he’ll get Eli at least once this year, I can guarantee that much. Annoying that he’ll stay in the division but $14 million per year is just way too much IMO.

Archived