Lords of Winterfell in Fire and Blood

So, one thing that stuck out to me after reading Fire and Blood was the Starks.

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but what do people think was the timeline for the various Stark lords leading into the dance?

Torrhen, was obviously the first Lord of Winterfell post conquest, he had sons, and presumably they were grown men at the time of the conquest, if they were against bending the knee and spoke of rebelling. We don't know their names. The next Stark lord we get the name of is Brandon, who attends the Golden Wedding with his sons Walton and Alaric. Now is Brandon Torrhen's son or grandson or possibly even great grandson?

Walton becomes Lord of Winterfell then dies, succeeded by Alaric, who is succeeded by his grandson Edric. After Edric, we then have Lord Ellard who was present at the great council, of 101. So, was Ellard Edric's son or grandson? 

After Ellard we have Benjen, who i'm thinking is Ellard's son? Then we have Rickon who is Benjen's son and then Cregan, who is Rickon's son.

That's a lot of lords. What do you guys think, have I clocked the geneaology, or is there more to it do you think?

55 minutes ago, VVSINGOFTHECROSS said:

So, one thing that stuck out to me after reading Fire and Blood was the Starks.

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but what do people think was the timeline for the various Stark lords leading into the dance?

Torrhen, was obviously the first Lord of Winterfell post conquest, he had sons, and presumably they were grown men at the time of the conquest, if they were against bending the knee and spoke of rebelling. We don't know their names. The next Stark lord we get the name of is Brandon, who attends the Golden Wedding with his sons Walton and Alaric. Now is Brandon Torrhen's son or grandson or possibly even great grandson?

Walton becomes Lord of Winterfell then dies, succeeded by Alaric, who is succeeded by his grandson Edric. After Edric, we then have Lord Ellard who was present at the great council, of 101. So, was Ellard Edric's son or grandson? 

After Ellard we have Benjen, who i'm thinking is Ellard's son? Then we have Rickon who is Benjen's son and then Cregan, who is Rickon's son.

That's a lot of lords. What do you guys think, have I clocked the geneaology, or is there more to it do you think?

The Starks have shorter lifespans than other Great Houses (apart from the Baratheons, methinks). They have many more reasons to die than, say, the Tyrells or the Lannisters.

Brandon is most likely Torrhen's son given that he was really old during Golden Wedding. Ellard and Benjen are most likely Edric's brothers or cousins by other son of Alaric. Given chronology it's almost impossible for them to be sons of each other. If Cregan was born in 108, then his father had to be born around 90 and Benjen around 70. Alaric's sons were still unmarried in 58 and they were both dead by 72, so unless Benjen descended from some distant branch, he had to be Alaric's grandson. Ellard on the other hand was adult in 101, so he could in theory be son of Edric, but he would have to be quite young during Great Council and die young too.

15 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Brandon is most likely Torrhen's son given that he was really old during Golden Wedding. Ellard and Benjen are most likely Edric's brothers or cousins by other son of Alaric. Given chronology it's almost impossible for them to be sons of each other. If Cregan was born in 108, then his father had to be born around 90 and Benjen around 70. Alaric's sons were still unmarried in 58 and they were both dead by 72, so unless Benjen descended from some distant branch, he had to be Alaric's grandson. Ellard on the other hand was adult in 101, so he could in theory be son of Edric, but he would have to be quite young during Great Council and die young too.

Alright intresting

Archived