PICTIONARY 43: Winter's edition!

Meera of Tarth

Hi all, guys,

It's Meera here. I played Pictionary this Fall for the first time and I had a lot of fun with the results and during the game.

Since some people wanted to play it again, let's do it!

It's my first time hosting, so....I'll just post the rules from the last time:

Rules

Spoiler

General

1. Send me a PM entitled Pictionary: *YOUR BOARD NAME* containing a starting sentence.

2. Once we have enough players I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or depict) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. Watch your DM’s, as I’ll be sending you sentences to draw or pictures to describe in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the chains at the end of the game for your amusement.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. I can understand the desire to describe every detail of the drawing, but the interpretation is more important.  Brevity is the soul of wit.

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and scan it or take a photo.  You can also use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity.

The only restrictions are:

• Please keep the images fairly clean. Nothing NSFW, please.  I’m not sure if there have been previous incidents with Harry Potter and/or his wand, but let’s also stay away from Trump’s Toad.  Imagining it once was enough, thank you.
  • Use of letters in drawings is not allowed. 
  • It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image contents or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

I've not decided the theme yet, I had thought...well, it's almost February... what about something related to winter? But....other suggestions are welcome.

So...our players!

Count Balerion

Buck

rocksniffer

Knight of Ashes

Jez

BlackBear

Meera

Cridefea

Pebbles

Thanks @Jez Bell for your guidelines!

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’ll pass on this one, thanks, I have quite a lot going on unfortunately. Thanks for inviting me though and have fun y’all!

I’m available for replacements should you need any. 

Don't worry! :)

32 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Ok, so far we are 7 players. How many players do normally play Pictionary? I'm just asking because I am new and I don't know if there is a minimum needed.

Well I suppose minimum would be like 3, but that would make for a very short game. 7-9 is ideal, IMO, plus some replacements at hand. We usually do 3 drawings, 4 sentences OR 4 drawings, 5 sentences.

Archived