New Theory: Dany has a super stomach!

OtherFromAnotherMother

Warm blood filled her mouth and ran down over her chin. The taste threatened to gag her, but she made herself chew and swallow. The heart of a stallion would make her son strong and swift and fearless, or so the Dothraki believed, but only if the mother could eat it all. If she choked on the blood or retched up the flesh, the omens were less favorable; the child might be stillborn, or come forth weak, deformed, or female...

...And finally it was done. Her cheeks and fingers were sticky as she forced down the last of it.

I'm sure we all recall this scene of deliciousness from Dany V, GoT. Dany is able to eat all of the stallion heart in a moment of extraordinary perseverance. 

But just how extraordinary was this gluttonous undertaking? Some quick Google research tells me that this feat is impossible for someone of Dany's stature and age to do without vomiting. Extraordinary indeed! Especially without weeks of proper training! You can look it up if you want, but an average horse heart weighs between 8 and 9 pounds. Most fully grown humans eat about four pounds of food per day! No way a normal 100 pound thirteen year old is eating 8.5 pounds of food in one sitting. Much less possible when we remember this is a heart, not food! And she hasn't been training at all! It's not like she is 11 time Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Competition winner Joey Chesnut here.

So what's the deal? The only explanation here is that Dany has a super stomach! She must have some powers that even she is not fully aware of.

What does this mean for the story? I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm guessing it will have something to do with getting rid of all the dead animals that are killed before they can become wights. I mean, who is gonna go around and light all these animals on fire?

Thoughts?

It's high time for this to finally come under the microscope of interspecies truth!   So firstly a congratulations my OtherBrother.

Mirri maz had a belly, right?   Was she, by any chance, seen hunkering over the horse for a considerable amount of time whilst chanting and chewing under cover of her thick mane of hair?   Slurring her words, so you'd think she was speaking in tongues when really she was chanting with a mouthful of delicious horseheart.

No, no, no! You guys have it all wrong! The deal was, if she ate the whole thing in less than an hour, it was free. Also, it counts as three punches on her club card toward her tenth horse heart, which gets her one on the house and her picture on the wall in Vaes Dothrak!

1 hour ago, Tywin's Sideburns said:

Dany ate the heart and didn't vomit cause she has no gag reflex

Having no gag reflex would help with swallowing the heart, but not being able to keep 8.5 pounds of it down.

Besides, she clearly does have a gag reflex, the second sentence of my OP quote says it threatened to gag her, but she still chewed and swallowed. 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:19 PM, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

I'm sure we all recall this scene of deliciousness from Dany V, GoT. Dany is able to eat all of the stallion heart in a moment of extraordinary perseverance. 

But just how extraordinary was this gluttonous undertaking? Some quick Google research tells me that this feat is impossible for someone of Dany's stature and age to do without vomiting. Extraordinary indeed! Especially without weeks of proper training! You can look it up if you want, but an average horse heart weighs between 8 and 9 pounds. Most fully grown humans eat about four pounds of food per day! No way a normal 100 pound thirteen year old is eating 8.5 pounds of food in one sitting. Much less possible when we remember this is a heart, not food! And she hasn't been training at all! It's not like she is 11 time Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Competition winner Joey Chesnut here.

So what's the deal? The only explanation here is that Dany has a super stomach! She must have some powers that even she is not fully aware of.

What does this mean for the story? I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm guessing it will have something to do with getting rid of all the dead animals that are killed before they can become wights. I mean, who is gonna go around and light all these animals on fire?

Thoughts?

Actually, Summer and Bran are already feasting on the flesh of the dead.  They've even feasted on the corrupted flesh of wights.  This is how the direwolves will survive the winter.  Eating the remains of the dead.

Now to put a serious spin on a rather silly topic.  Some Targaryens have very strong immunity to diseases and other ailments that plague the common.  Viserys and Daenerys have this supercharged immunity that some of their family have.  

The eating of the stallion's heart is a foreshadowing of the Dothraki getting consumed in order to fight the slavers.  I don't necessarily mean this literally but the "heart of the people" means their way of life.  They will be fundamentally changed and given a new mission as a people.  That is to fight the slavers.  The Dragon consuming the stallion.  

This is the dragon mounting the stallion.  So yes it is a foreshadowing of Daenerys Targaryen taking control of the Dothraki people.  Slavery won't end without changing the Dothraki because they are a big player in the trading of slaves.  Their part in slavery make them guilty.  It is only right for them to be used as a people to fight the masters.    

On 1/29/2019 at 10:19 PM, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Thoughts?

She did train:

"Her handmaids had helped her ready herself for the ceremony. Despite the tender mother's stomach that had afflicted her these past two moons, Dany had dined on bowls of half-clotted blood to accustom herself to the taste, and Irri made her chew strips of dried horseflesh until her jaws were aching. She had starved herself for a day and a night before the ceremony in the hopes that hunger would help her keep down the raw meat."

Danenerys V, AGOT

12 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Now to put a serious spin on a rather silly topic.  Some Targaryens have very strong immunity to diseases and other ailments that plague the common.  Viserys and Daenerys have this supercharged immunity that some of their family have.  

Of course, but that's not going to help a 100 pounder keep down 8+ pounds of horse heart. That has nothing to do with "supercharged immunity".

It's obvious, there is no other possible explanation than... Dany has a super stomach!

4 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

She did train:

"Her handmaids had helped her ready herself for the ceremony. Despite the tender mother's stomach that had afflicted her these past two moons, Dany had dined on bowls of half-clotted blood to accustom herself to the taste, and Irri made her chew strips of dried horseflesh until her jaws were aching. She had starved herself for a day and a night before the ceremony in the hopes that hunger would help her keep down the raw meat."

Danenerys V, AGOT

Haha. That's not training. After looking up the logistics of a petite 13 year old eating 8 - 9 pounds of horse heart I laughed out loud at this "training".

Look up the training of competitive eaters. And even a very select few competitive eaters could eat 9 pounds in a sitting. And that's regular food, not horse heart!

Let's face it. There is no other possible explanation. Dany has a super stomach!

33 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Haha. That's not training. After looking up the logistics of a petite 13 year old eating 8 - 9 pounds of horse heart I laughed out loud at this "training".

Look up the training of competitive eaters. And even a very select few competitive eaters could eat 9 pounds in a sitting. And that's regular food, not horse heart!

Let's face it. There is no other possible explanation. Dany has a super stomach!

You forgot who wrote the character called Daenerys. 

13 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Actually, Summer and Bran are already feasting on the flesh of the dead.  They've even feasted on the corrupted flesh of wights.  This is how the direwolves will survive the winter.  Eating the remains of the dead.

The eating of the stallion's heart is a foreshadowing of the Dothraki getting consumed in order to fight the slavers.  I don't necessarily mean this literally but the "heart of the people" means their way of life.  They will be fundamentally changed and given a new mission as a people.  That is to fight the slavers.  The Dragon consuming the stallion.  

I guess everybody will be fighting for every bit of wight gourmet to survive in Westeros.  Eat wight for good health.  Garlic and seasonings not needed.  Makes eating a horse's heart in Essos more appealing.  I agree with the foreshadowing bit.   

So much eating.  Someone needs to save room for the slavers.   Consume the dothraki but don't digest them please.   We need them up and around.     The crones are the rump of the dragon, Penny is the veal.    The Yunkai'i are the giblets of Danny's meal of conquest.    Jaime the bouilliabaise.    

You can always say she ripped out only a single ventricle.

She might have a super stomach, and more. In her last scene, we see her pulling bits off Drogon's kill and eating it as easily as if it had been a tender roast chicken instead of a just-killed horse.

But... details like that I don't think we're supposed to notice or care about. It's a story. Eating horse makes you strong. That's all that matters.

6 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

She might have a super stomach, and more. In her last scene, we see her pulling bits off Drogon's kill and eating it as easily as if it had been a tender roast chicken instead of a just-killed horse.

Yes, yes! Super stomach!

6 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

But... details like that I don't think we're supposed to notice or care about. It's a story. Eating horse makes you strong. That's all that matters.

No, no! Out of ASoIaF's 1,770,000 words George made 0 oversights or mistakes. We are supposed to look at every single word as literal and find out what it means. He had to know how much a horse heart weighs before writing it. I mean, who doesn't know it usually weighs between 8 and 9 pounds, right? :cool4: He knew his readers would know this too. It all means something! :read:

He wanted the reader to put the pieces together to discover Dany's super stomach. I'm sure it will have meaning in tWoW! :commie:

57 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Yes, yes! Super stomach!

No, no! Out of ASoIaF's 1,770,000 words George made 0 oversights or mistakes. We are supposed to look at every single word as literal and find out what it means. He had to know how much a horse heart weighs before writing it. I mean, who doesn't know it usually weighs between 8 and 9 pounds, right? :cool4: He knew his readers would know this too. It all means something! :read:

He wanted the reader to put the pieces together to discover Dany's super stomach. I'm sure it will have meaning in tWoW! :commie:

I doubt martin gave any thought as to the actual size of a stallion's heart.

And I give you a :thumbsup: for the thread.

--------------
Pay me no mind I'm gonna chatter a bit.

Super stomach indeed. Her helpers helped the 13 year old preggers girl practice to prepare for the big event. I put a big long quote in the reveal tag so not to upset others delicate tummies (yes, that is a Sansa snipe).

Spoiler

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys V

The heart was steaming in the cool evening air when Khal Drogo set it before her, raw and bloody. His arms were red to the elbow. Behind him, his bloodriders knelt on the sand beside the corpse of the wild stallion, stone knives in their hands. The stallion's blood looked black in the flickering orange glare of the torches that ringed the high chalk walls of the pit.

Dany touched the soft swell of her belly. Sweat beaded her skin and trickled down her brow. She could feel the old women watching her, the ancient crones of Vaes Dothrak, with eyes that shone dark as polished flint in their wrinkled faces. She must not flinch or look afraid. I am the blood of the dragon, she told herself as she took the stallion's heart in both hands, lifted it to her mouth, and plunged her teeth into the tough, stringy flesh.

Warm blood filled her mouth and ran down over her chin. The taste threatened to gag her, but she made herself chew and swallow. The heart of a stallion would make her son strong and swift and fearless, or so the Dothraki believed, but only if the mother could eat it all. If she choked on the blood or retched up the flesh, the omens were less favorable; the child might be stillborn, or come forth weak, deformed, or female.

Her handmaids had helped her ready herself for the ceremony. Despite the tender mother's stomach that had afflicted her these past two moons, Dany had dined on bowls of half-clotted blood to accustom herself to the taste, and Irri made her chew strips of dried horseflesh until her jaws were aching. She had starved herself for a day and a night before the ceremony in the hopes that hunger would help her keep down the raw meat.

The wild stallion's heart was all muscle, and Dany had to worry it with her teeth and chew each mouthful a long time. No steel was permitted within the sacred confines of Vaes Dothrak, beneath the shadow of the Mother of Mountains; she had to rip the heart apart with teeth and nails. Her stomach roiled and heaved, yet she kept on, her face smeared with the heartsblood that sometimes seemed to explode against her lips./

Gagged me when I read it the first time. On second read I skipped it. Gives me tummy a flutter as I type.

Last year I watched Masterchef UK Professionals. Seems chefs and patrons in high end dining establishments like to use and eat the offal.

Last year when I was getting ready to cook the Thanksgiving turkey I thought, okay lets take a gander at this offal. YUK. Gagged me to touch it. I explored the heart, liver and gizzard a bit more. The neck didn't bother me much.  Threw the stuff in a pot, boiled it and gave it to the dog.

Back to Dany --- after getting over my revolution of what I read it seems that sadly despite her best efforts the little girl that tried so hard to adjust and fit in to her new living arrangements ---- not only did her sun and stars die --- her baby died.

Flash forward and Dany brings dragons back into the world. Fire breathing, flesh eating flame throwers that as of the end of DwD she does not control and that people want dead or alive.

8 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Last year I watched Masterchef UK Professionals. Seems chefs and patrons in high end dining establishments like to use and eat the offal.

Last year when I was getting ready to cook the Thanksgiving turkey I thought, okay lets take a gander at this offal. YUK. Gagged me to touch it. I explored the heart, liver and gizzard a bit more. The neck didn't bother me much.  Threw the stuff in a pot, boiled it and gave it to the dog.

Offals are an acquired taste. I really enjoy grilled kidneys, sweetbreads and small intestines but I hate liver, brains and stomach. I have not tried heart as it looks too tough.

9 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

I think you're overlooking the obvious fact that she was eating for two. And one of those was The Stallion Who Mounts the World. There's your "super stomach".

2 hours ago, Tucu said:

Offals are an acquired taste. I really enjoy grilled kidneys, sweetbreads and small intestines but I hate liver, brains and stomach. I have not tried heart as it looks too tough.

Chicken stomachs and hearts are tasty and small enough to try in a single mouthful, so if you don't care for them you don't have to try a lot of it.

Archived