New Theory: Dany has a super stomach!

OtherFromAnotherMother

Ooh, saw a big bag of chickenhearts at the Asian supermarket, asked the kindly old man what I would use them for once I had them, and he rattled off a list of options for chicken heart cuisine.   It was hot.   Brains!?  Playoffs!?!   Brains?!?   You go to Hannibal France to order stuff like that.  If Arby's has it it's off-menu.

19 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I doubt martin gave any thought as to the actual size of a stallion's heart.

What!?:o Say it ain't so, CP! Of course George knows about stallion heart size. We cannot expect anything less than perfect from these 1,770,000 words! ZERO oversights or mistakes! Everything means something! He's got a pomologist's knowledge of lemon trees, a toxologist's knowledge of poisons, and a geneticist's knowledge of bloodlines and DNA.

We need to look at everything as if this were a true history. How dare anyone view this story as a story and not a true history!? :tantrum:

19 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

And I give you a :thumbsup: for the thread.

Thanks, CP. I'm just glad I could bring this knowledge to the forums for everyone to know. :grouphug: I'm sure this super stomach will mean something in the next two books. 

16 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

What!?:o Say it ain't so, CP! Of course George knows about stallion heart size. We cannot expect anything less than perfect from these 1,770,000 words! ZERO oversights or mistakes! Everything means something! He's got a pomologist's knowledge of lemon trees, a toxologist's knowledge of poisons, and a geneticist's knowledge of bloodlines and DNA.

We need to look at everything as if this were a true history. How dare anyone view this story as a story and not a true history!? :tantrum:

Because of my dry wit I'm gonna give you another :thumbsup:

I describe the saga in a different manner. Five books ranging from 800 -1000 pages of an incomplete story.

I am of the opinion martin wrote as of yet an incomplete story. I assume the story is a story that does need a reader to have a PHD in mythology, history, anthropology, engineering or physics.

Edit: dunna even get me started on posters who get into discussions and ass pull the retort that whomever disagrees with them is condescending.

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Because of my dry wit I'm gonna give you another :thumbsup:

I'm thankful for this as you seem to be the only one who understands what I'm doing with this thread. :cheers: I suppose satire is difficult to comprehend through reading. 

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I assume the story is a story that does need a reader to have a PHD in mythology, history, anthropology, engineering or physics.

*turning satire back on*

That is incredulous. Come on, CP. George does the research, we must as well. If you didn't go out and read 100k words on the weight of horse hearts and maximum possible human consumption without regurgitation then shame on you! :whip: I did, and the only possible explanation is that Dany has a super stomach! There is no possible way this was an oversight by George. 1,770,000 words of perfection us NOT too much to ask for. :cool4:

14 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

Do we know the size of the horse in question?

No, we do not. 

However, given that Dany is Khaleesi and carrying Drogo's son, we can logically conclude that this stallion was a strong one. I would not think they would give a weak stallion's heart to the Khaleesi. For the Dothraki, strength comes from strength. At a minimum, the horse would be average, thus having an average sized heart (8-9 pounds). Super stomach theory intact! :cheers:

I don't know.  It doesn't seem like 8 pounds is a lot of meat.  Meat is heavy after all.  And you're looking at averages.  There is always an outlier you know.  Maybe it was the heart of a Shetland pony.  Personally, I think Dany had a vomit bucket hidden underneath the table.  She would spit when the Dothraki weren't looking.  I mean, the Dosh Khaleen were stoned on something.  The khals had been drinking fermented mare's milk.  Dany and Jorah spiked the party punch.  There was thick smoke in the room.  In other words, the perfect setting to pull a trick.  

9 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

No, we do not. 

However, given that Dany is Khaleesi and carrying Drogo's son, we can logically conclude that this stallion was a strong one. I would not think they would give a weak stallion's heart to the Khaleesi. For the Dothraki, strength comes from strength. At a minimum, the horse would be average, thus having an average sized heart (8-9 pounds). Super stomach theory intact! :cheers:

Except if the Dothraki are Mongol-analogues, their horses are likely a smaller breed. The Mongols rode a much smaller breed of horse that was literally half the weight of many European horses.

12 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

Except if the Dothraki are Mongol-analogues, their horses are likely a smaller breed. The Mongols rode a much smaller breed of horse that was literally half the weight of many European horses.

Yes, George has stated the Dothraki are analogues to the Mongols. However, we can only go by what is in the books. As far as I can recall and after a quick search, there is nothing in the text which indicates these horses were smaller than average. I'd be interested if someone can find something that I may have missed.

Plus, even if these horses were smaller, there is still no way a petite 13 year old could eat a slightly smaller than average horse heart (6 to 7 pounds) without throwing up. She is not a competitive eater and she did not train properly for weeks ahead of time. Unless she had a Super Stomach! 

FYI, George has also said the Dothraki are fashioned after the Cheyenne and Sioux as well as Mongols and Huns. 

Super stomach theory intact. Although, @The Lord of the Crossing's idea that she cheated is interesting, we have Dany's POV in this scene and she clearly believes she ate it all without cheating.

Super Stomach!

The Dornish sand steeds are the Arabian types.  Real world these are less than 16HH.  Hardy enough to go the distance in the hot desert sands of their country.  The knights rode heavier horses.  Farmers used heavy plow horses.  The Dothraki horses should be medium size.  Say 16HH.  Dany's silver horse was strong enough to carry a big dude like Selmy on a fast gallop.  She had to have been sufficient in size to do that.  I'm guesstimating 16HH or taller.

7 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Yes, George has stated the Dothraki are analogues to the Mongols. However, we can only go by what is in the books. As far as I can recall and after a quick search, there is nothing in the text which indicates these horses were smaller than average. I'd be interested if someone can find something that I may have missed.

Plus, even if these horses were smaller, there is still no way a petite 13 year old could eat a slightly smaller than average horse heart (6 to 7 pounds) without throwing up. She is not a competitive eater and she did not train properly for weeks ahead of time. Unless she had a Super Stomach! 

FYI, George has also said the Dothraki are fashioned after the Cheyenne and Sioux as well as Mongols and Huns. 

Super stomach theory intact. Although, @The Lord of the Crossing's idea that she cheated is interesting, we have Dany's POV in this scene and she clearly believes she ate it all without cheating.

Super Stomach!

If there is nothing to indicate the sizes of the horses, we should assume they’re of a size appropriate for their cultural analogue. Therefore, my opinion is that the horse was most likely one smaller than our average, perhaps as much as half the soze, and thus, it was almost certainly significantly smaller than 6 lbs.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:19 PM, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Thoughts?

Super stomach?  No.  Probably impossible?  Yeah.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:38 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Actually, Summer and Bran are already feasting on the flesh of the dead.  They've even feasted on the corrupted flesh of wights.  This is how the direwolves will survive the winter.  Eating the remains of the dead.

Now to put a serious spin on a rather silly topic.  Some Targaryens have very strong immunity to diseases and other ailments that plague the common.  Viserys and Daenerys have this supercharged immunity that some of their family have.  

The eating of the stallion's heart is a foreshadowing of the Dothraki getting consumed in order to fight the slavers.  I don't necessarily mean this literally but the "heart of the people" means their way of life.  They will be fundamentally changed and given a new mission as a people.  That is to fight the slavers.  The Dragon consuming the stallion.  

Picky eaters are gonna have it rough when famine hits the land.  Bran is off to a good start.  He's a good boy scout.  Prepared.

It's literal alright.  The Dothraki will be consumed in the war to fight the slavers of Ghis.  This is in direct parallel to Stannis and his fiery heart.  The faith of R'hllor will consume the heart of the stag, that being the Baratheons, in its war against the armies of ice.  Mellisandre will use up the Baratheons to fight her war against the darkness.  The Dothraki will be redeemed and they will receive forgiveness for the wrongs they have done during their participation in the slave business.  The Dothraki and the Baratheons are the parallels here.  Slavery will end because of Dothraki help.  Some of the life in Westeros will be saved because of the Baratheon sacrifice.  

On January 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

So what's the deal? The only explanation here is that Dany has a super stomach! She must have some powers that even she is not fully aware of.

This thread speaks truth.

And the heart-eating is not the only incidence of super stomach.

Or, perhaps, super-digestion:

An hour later, her stomach began to cramp so badly that she could not go on. She spent the rest of that day retching up green slime. If I stay here, I will die. I may be dying now. Would the horse god of the Dothraki part the grass and claim her for his starry khalasar, so she might ride the nightlands with Khal Drogo? In Westeros the dead of House Targaryen were given to the flames, but who would light her pyre here? My flesh will feed the wolves and carrion crows, she thought sadly, and worms will burrow through my womb.  Dance, Dany X.

But she does survive--she does go on. Even with this:

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again. Dance, Dany X.

No--her super stomach helps her survive. That and the enzymes and probiotics supplied by the horse heart.

No other explanation. 

15 hours ago, Emperor Bu Gai said:

The Dornish sand steeds are the Arabian types.  Real world these are less than 16HH.  Hardy enough to go the distance in the hot desert sands of their country.  The knights rode heavier horses.  Farmers used heavy plow horses.  The Dothraki horses should be medium size.  Say 16HH.  Dany's silver horse was strong enough to carry a big dude like Selmy on a fast gallop.  She had to have been sufficient in size to do that.  I'm guesstimating 16HH or taller.

Parody topic or not, this got me thinking.

Historically, in the western cultures, horse usage fell into three categories: work/war, pleasure/sport and travel. Dunk is the only character I can remember that worries about this when he doesn't want to use the warhorse for daily riding. Does anyone else remember a character riding a palfrey (a horse bred specifically for travel riding for its easy gate) for a long journey?

34 minutes ago, Three-Fingered Pete said:

Parody topic or not, this got me thinking.

Historically, in the western cultures, horse usage fell into three categories: work/war, pleasure/sport and travel. Dunk is the only character I can remember that worries about this when he doesn't want to use the warhorse for daily riding. Does anyone else remember a character riding a palfrey (a horse bred specifically for travel riding for its easy gate) for a long journey?

Arya's Craven was a palfrey. One of the two horses (Honor and Glory) used by Jamie in his way to Riverrun was also a palfrey.

No mention yet of Aeron's super-bladder, capable of dousing a hearth-fire?

16 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

If there is nothing to indicate the sizes of the horses, we should assume they’re of a size appropriate for their cultural analogue.

Really? Even though the parallel is the Dothraki as a people to the Mongols as a people we are supposed to believe that the horses are the same, even though there is no indication in the text that they are significantly smaller horses? Even though George has also stated the Dothraki also parallel the Sioux and Cheyenne we should still assume their horses are the same as the Mongols only?

17 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

Therefore, my opinion is that the horse was most likely one smaller than our average, perhaps as much as half the soze, and thus, it was almost certainly significantly smaller than 6 lbs.

Even if this were true (I don't believe it to be), a petite 13 year old would still not be able to consume even 6 pounds of heart in one sitting without regurgitation. 

12 hours ago, Mordred said:

Super stomach?  No.  Probably impossible?  Yeah.

Then what is the explanation? You can't possibly think that George is writing a fictional story and may have added some entertainment aspects to it, right?:o 

It is outrageous to believe that these 1,770,000 words are anything less than scientifically perfect in its accuracy. 

Super stomach is the only answer.

Archived