For the record... and posterity!

kissdbyfire

8. Lean towards Aegon is a fraud. Varys says power lies where people believe it does. That is what makes me think that Aegon is a fake but if people believe that he is real is all that matters.

9. Rhaego is soooo dead. To think otherwise you have to jump through so many hoops that even Tyrion in GOT wouldnt be able to do it.

10. Really not sure on the valonquar. I feel like this is ambiguous that George wants us to think that it has to be Tyrion or Jaime but it might just be someone else younger brother.

13 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Many old discussions are being discussed again lately (yeah, I know, we do need Winds) Very cleverly at times, and not so much at other, less frequent times (tks the OG and the new). :D

It made me think it would be good to have a record of where people stand on these issues... Jon's parentage; Tyrion's Targness; is the paste Bran consumes partially made of crannogman; who wrote the PL; where is the house w/ the red door and the lemon tree, who is the Sailor's Wife... and more I can't recall at the mo.

I'll start w/ the above, and will edit and add suggestions that fit.

1. Jon's parentage: firmly on R+L=J

Disagree.  It is a theory and not firmly supported at that.

2. Tyrion is not a Targ, he isn't Aerys' son

Agree.

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

Disagree.  Jojen was in that porridge.

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

Agree.

5. Red door/lemon tree = Braavos

Agree.  In the Sealord's palace greenhouse.

6. Lanna is the daughter of the SW and Gerion Lannister, not Tyrion

Maybe

7. Theon will not be killed before the heart tree at the CV. 

Maybe.  I think he lives until the end.

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1.) I firmly believe R+L=J, the only possible wrinkle I  would consider possible is Jon having a twin, but I don't think that likely 

2.) Tyrion is Tywins son

3.)Bran ate Jojen, I'm honestly 100 percent convinced of this, and will be totally shocked if Jojen is still alive in Winds

4.) Not that confident on this one but I'll say Stannis because I do think he is going to win the battle at the crofters village at least

5.) The house and tree are both in Bravos, Dani is who she thinks she is

6.) I think the sailors wife is Tysha, and Lannna is Tyrions daughter

7.) I think Theon lives, in fact i think he will survive until the end

8.) I think Aegon is fake, but its likely we will never know for sure

9.)Reago is dead

10.) Jamie is the Valonquar

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Many old discussions are being discussed again lately (yeah, I know, we do need Winds) Very cleverly at times, and not so much at other, less frequent times (tks the OG and the new). :D

It made me think it would be good to have a record of where people stand on these issues... Jon's parentage; Tyrion's Targness; is the paste Bran consumes partially made of crannogman; who wrote the PL; where is the house w/ the red door and the lemon tree, who is the Sailor's Wife... and more I can't recall at the mo.

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1: R+L=J has been confirmed several years ago. Not sure why people still argue otherwise 
2: Tyrion is a Lannister
3: Jojen is still alive at the end of Dance 
4: Not sure about the pink letter 
5: red door/lemon tree is in Bravos.
6: (f)Aegon is real 
7:  Robb's will is in the neck 

23 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1. Jon is half Targ, but not necessarily by Rhaegar

2. Tyrion is most definitely the son of Aerys

3. Bran did not eat Jojen or Meera, but that doesn't mean he didn't eat someone, or a part of someone at least.

4. Doubtful, but possible, that Ramsay wrote the PL. It just doesn't sound like Ramsay, plus, I honestly don't see how Rams can win with his own bannermen at each other's throats and ready to betray him.

5. Lemon tree could not possibly be in Braavos. It's too cold, unless little Dany failed to realize she was living in a giant greenhouse that would most certainly have been added to the Wonders Made by Man.

6. Could be, but either way I can't see how it would have any bearing to the story.

7. Theon will get his junk back somehow and rule the Iron Islands. What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

2 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

, I honestly don't see how Rams can win with his own bannermen at each other's throats and ready to betray him.

I never said he won, though, did I? Of course he didn’t win, he just thinks he won. ;)

21 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

-> 10. Aegon, as in Young Griff, is really Aegon the son of Elia and Rhaegar. Yeah, this 100% fits Martin's writing style, and to me I don't think Martin does near as many fake-outs as some may think. I do think we will get a new "Blackfyre" battle, but it won't be as expected. Just another reason why my main mulch man, Bloodraven, has lasted so long. He has to pass his dentures, err, "teeth" on to Bran in preps for what happens after the battle.

Agreed. I don't know why, and I can't explain it, but I just feel like Aegon is real. It just makes sense, narratively and thematically, to me. However, and like others have said, if he is fake I honestly don't think it will matter since he will probably live and die and neither us or the characters will realize he was fake. Even if he's a Blackfyre I don't think a Blackfyre/Targaryen confrontation is gonna matter that much since the threat from the North will be more important than whoever sits the Iron Throne and who deserves it the most. I think we'll be beyond that.

1) R+L=J

2) Tyrion is Tywin's son. At least, I really hope he is.

3) Can't say. I'd prefer if Bran didn't eat anyone.

4) Ramsay is the author. This doesn't mean what he wrote is true.

5) Braavos. If it's Dorne, it's just because Daenerys is misremembering, there's no conspiracy behind.

6) No opinion.

7) Theon will survive.

8) Varys' story is really suspicious, but I like to think we'll never know for sure if Aegon really is Rhaegar's son.

9) Rhaego is dead.

10) Jaime is the valonqar.

22 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

-> 10. Aegon, as in Young Griff, is really Aegon the son of Elia and Rhaegar. Yeah, this 100% fits Martin's writing style, and to me I don't think Martin does near as many fake-outs as some may think. I do think we will get a new "Blackfyre" battle, but it won't be as expected. Just another reason why my main mulch man, Bloodraven, has lasted so long. He has to pass his dentures, err, "teeth" on to Bran in preps for what happens after the battle.

I think we're supposed to think he is fake, but I personally really don't think he is. I don't think it's a coincidence that we now have two characters in the story with that blue hair, blue eyes that look purple in a certain light. 

1. Tentatively, R+L=J.  My cause for doubt is that I don't know who the Sword of the Morning will be.  But I've more or less settled on Sandor.

2.   Tyrion is Aerys' son.  That's why GRRM had Tywin marry his first cousin.  He was having it both ways.  Tywin is not his father, but he is still his kin, and Tyrion is still a kinslayer, and still more-or-less a Lannister.

3.  Bran ate Jojen.  Of course he did.

4.  I have no strong opinions on the Pink Letter.  So I'll go with Ramsay as the author, and await future revelations.

5.  The House with the Red Door is in Dorne.

6.  The Sailor's Wife is not Tysha.  But Braavos just has to be where whores go, if anywhere is.

7.  I'll go with no on this one because it's too specific. 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

On 1/30/2019 at 12:06 PM, Lollygag said:

8. Aegon - we'll never know. Varys says power is where we believe it is. 

9. Rhaego - dead

10. Valonquar - the red lion Reynes are a little brother so to speak to big brother gold lion Lannisters. Maggy gave the "prophesy" and her family, the Spicer Westerlings, use the same name types as the Reynes which hints that the Spicer Westerlings married into the Reynes at some point. There was a Robb Reyne who is one of only 3 Robbs in the series and it's perhaps a hint that Robb married into the Reynes and the Rains of Castamere played at his death. Rolph Spicer just got Castamere. Gotta be some reason the Reynes and Castamere are given such a spotlight. 

1. R+L=J

2. George has laid the evidence, can go either way. Don't know, maybe lean 60/40 for part Targ. Tomorrow might be 55/45, the day after 40/60 and next week 70/30.

3. Don't really care. Was never convinced by the arguments. Call it a no.

4. No strong arguments favouring one candidate over another. 

5. Braavos

6. Don't care, little or no evidence in any direction.

7. No comment.

8. Not entirely sure. Lean strongest to real Aegon, next to fake Aegon but thinks he's real (only Varys/Illyrio know), least to Blackfyre.

9. Don't think there is really any question there to be discussing. Dead, clearly.

10. No strong evidence. Lean towards Jaime or Tyrion, but perfectly acceptable to be pretty much anyone.

Suggestions:

11. Septa Lemore's identity: Ashara Dayne

12. Location of ToJ battle: an abandoned watchtower in the Princes Pass in the Dornish foothills

13. KG at ToJ loyalties: To Aerys, then Rhaegar

14abc. The identity/power of various horns (Sam's one Ghost found, the one the Wildlings dug up, the one Euron has)
a: not sure, possibly the real Horn of Joramund, possibly a nothing
b: Not the Horn of Joramun, just a fancy of Horn
c: something to do with dragon control from Ancient Valyria. Don;t think Euron knows how to use it properly, or even what it does exactly.

15. origin of the Others; unknown and ancient: Nothing to do with Craster or the wildlings digging for Joramunds Horn.

On 1/29/2019 at 6:06 PM, Lollygag said:

Tyrion is a twin like Jaime and Cersei, and is a chimera of both Tywin's and Aerys' sons. Rich if you know the history of Tywin and Aerys. Not sure whose son ate whom. 

Mind blown!!!!!!!

Sorry, completely wordless! Never even thought of that but, I can see where it could definitely be. 

1. R+L=J

2. Tyrion is totally Aerys's and Tywin knew 

3. Undecided

4. Ramsey wrote the Pink Letter

5. Lemon tree was in Braavos

6. Undecided, but leaning towards Gerion. 

7. Theon will die - the ridiculous amount of plot armor and fake-outs needs to be curbed, this is not a comic or a TV show.

8. Aegon is fake and a Blackfyre descendant - so are Varys and Illyrio

9. Rhaego is most sincerely dead.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1. Yes, 100% convinced this is true.

2. I think Tyrion is a secret Targ.

3. Bran did not eat Jojen.

4. No idea - have spent too long thinking about it...

5. Lemon Tree & Red Door are both in Braavos, somewhere in the Sealord's Palace, I think.

6. Lanna - Gerions. 

7. Theon will live on.

16 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I never said he won, though, did I? Of course he didn’t win, he just thinks he won. ;)

I dunno, the letter says the king is dead, his host is smashed and his magic sword has been taken. I don't see how Ramsay could just think all of those things have happened if they really didn't.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1. True unless proven otherwise. 

2. Tyrion is Tywin’s son. To be honest, Jaime and Cersei are more likely given their own incestuous behavior. 

3. Don’t know.

4. Don’t know. Hope to find out who wrote it.

5. Don’t know.

6. Don’t know.

7. What’s CV again?

My personal big theory at this point is that Lysa Tully-Arryn and Sweetrobin Arryn both have lead poisoning, see Here.

1. Pretty sold on R+L+J

2. I believe Tywin is his father, but I enjoy the Aerys question hanging in the air.

3. The idea of one of the Reed siblings dying before we get the big Howland reveal just seems odd to me, for some reason, but I'm pretty much 50/50 at this point. 

4. Don't think it was Ramsay, but not sure who the culprit was 

5. Braavos, for now.

6. Gerion and SW.

7. 50/50. If we're talking about Greyjoy being offered to some deity, I suppose Stannis, in his desperation, could always try sacrificing Theon to the Red God - not sure on the ins and outs of fire magic, but sacrificing someone who not only has "King's Blood", but also the alleged blood of the Grey King, seems like it could be a good tribute to R'hllor, in a "fire and water" kind of way.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1. Yes

2. Chimaera

3. Could be a metaphor. Jojen has more or less given his life for Bran.

4. Yes

5. Braavos, most likely. Could be a false memory.

6. Tyrion

7. ?

Archived