For the record... and posterity!

kissdbyfire

A dragonfly among the reeds could actually be Bran with Meera and Jojen Reeds.

Spoiler

Bran could be a dragonseed thru his maternal grandmother Minisa Whent, who possibly was descendant of the Bastard of Harrenhal, who, maybe, was a secret son of Jeyne Lothston and Jeyne's father Aegon IV Targaryen. So Bran possibly has a dragonblood from his mother's side, and greenseer's blood from his father's side, thru his ancestor Melantha Blackwood. So he is, same as Bloodraven, is a dragonseed and greenseer. Littlefinger is also, possibly, a descendant of the Bastard of Harrenhall (who, maybe, fathered a bastard-son with the Black Pearl of Braavos, after Third Rebellion of Blackfyres), which makes him a dragonseed and bloodrelated to Catelyn and Lysa and their children (that's if the Bastard of Harrenhall, or his legitimate son from 7K, has founded House Whent, and was first Lord Whent of Harrenhall, and grandfather of Lady Shella Whent, who was bloodrelated to Minisa Whent, wife of Hoster Tully). While the Ghost of High Heart could be Rohanna Webber-Lannister, and Jenny of Oldstones could be her daughter, and Varys' mother, which possibly connects Summerhall's part of the plot with Blackfyres and Golden Company, and connects Littlefinger to Varys and to Tully and Starks, and to Rhaegar's seven rubies (possibly people with dragonblood - Bran, Sansa, Arya, Rickon, Robert Arryn, Edmure Tully, and either Edmure's child or Littlefinger; the seventh still missing ruby is Arya).

It makes more sense than Howland being a dragonseed.

The thing is, for Howland to be a Reed and a Lord, his father is supposed to be a "native" Reed, so the one, who is Howland's parent with dragonblood, should be his mother, that is supposedly daughter of Duncan and Jenny. For example, Jenny was a Reed, and she gave birth to Duncan's daughter. Then that daughter had married with her first cousin, who was a son of Jenny's brother, who was Lord Reed, so in this way Jenny's grandson Howland became a Reed and the head of their House.

<- And this is technically the only way for Howland to be dragonseed and a Reed. Or, maybe, it's just me, I don't see other possibilities besides the one, that I wrote above :dunno:

Other options, for example, if Duncan's child was a boy, then whatever was his last name, either it was Targaryen (after his father), or he had some other last name, not Targaryen, because his father had renounced his rights, and, maybe, even his last name, in this case he (the child) could have taken his mother's last name. But the thing is - Jenny didn't had a last name. If she was one of Reeds, then what was the reason of her mystery-games? Why was she hiding from people, that she is actually not from smallfolk? Reeds may be a small House, but still - they were highborn. Why did Jenny pretended to be not who she was, and how in all this fits Jenny's friend, the Ghost of High Heart? But even if we will ignore this oddities, if Jenny's and Duncan's child was a boy, and he was either a Targaryen, or had some different last name, then, when he got married, his wife was supposed to take his last name, so in this case Howland shouldn't be a Reed. Unless, he did the same thing, as Joffrey Lydenn (after marriage took his wife's last name, and became a Lannister), and took his wife's last name - Reed. For this option to work, this Reed-girl, that after their wedding gave her last name to her half-Targaryen husband, was supposed to be a single child of Lord Reed, so after this girl's father, the next Lord Reed became her son Howland. In this option Duncan's child is a boy, and his mother Jenny is either sister of Lord Reed, and aunt of Lord Reed's single child (the daughter, that has married with Jenny's son, gave him her last name, and gave birth to Howland); or Jenny was unrelated to Reeds, and her son just married with a daughter of Lord Reed, that was his single child and heir, so in this way Howland became next Lord Reed.

But this possibility is unlikely. Not entirely impossible, just unlikely. Why to complicate things so much, if there's other possibilities (for a dragonfly among the reeds to be about something else, not Howland supposedly being grandson of Duncan and Jenny)?

And if Howland Reed is a secret dragonseed, and grandson of Duncan Targaryen and Jenny of Oldstones, then what purpose does it have for the further plot of ASOIAF? How is it going to be used? What Howland Reed being a dragonseed adds into the story? And what about his children? If he is a dragonfly, then so are they. So it should be - dragonflies among the reeds, not a dragonfly among the reeds. Or are we supposed to ignore this inconsistency in the theory? :huh: Also, besides this single line, thought by Duncan, were there any other clues or hints, that point towards possibility of Howland's dragon blood? There wasn't. While there were hints of Bran possibly being a dragonseed.

• 2 months later...

Pretty Meris is not only Wenda the White Fawn, she is also mother of Brienne Tarth, and descendant of Duncan the Tall.

Duncan the Tall is son of Daemon I Blackfyre and Daeneys Targaryen. That chipped garnet that he has, is a piece of Blackfyre (part of its pommel's decorations). His name, Dunk, could be from Duskendale. On his wedding day Daemon was given tract of land near Blackwater, where he later build his castle. It was near Duskendale. And that's the only thing, that Dunk remembered from his early childhood. I think that he was born in Dorne, at Water Gardens, and then brought to Duskendale, shortly prior First Blackfyre Rebellion. The reason for that Rebellion was Daeron's refusal to legitimize Daemon's bastard-son.

Old Nan could be Alysanne Stark, fifth child of Beron Stark and Lorra Royce, and younger sister of Willam Stark. She was wet nurse of her nephew, Branson Stark, son of Willam and Lyanne Glover.

Brown-haired girl, that in Bran's tree-vision of the past-Winterfell was kissing with a knight as tall as Hodor, was Nan (Alysanne <- same thing as with Dunk's name from Duskendale - little kids twist long words). So Hodor is a descendant of Duncan the Tall and Old Nan, and Wenda/Meris/Brienne's mother is also from Nan's family.

Barristan Selmy could be grandson of Aenys Blackfyre. So Duncan the Tall, who was possibly son of Daemon I Blackfyre, was Barristan's great-uncle.

Could be that Cregan Stark was maternal grandfather of Melissa Blackwood. And Cregan's duel with Kingsguard Aemon the Dragonknight was somehow caused by Aegon IV' affair with Cregan's granddaughter. So Bloodraven is Cregan's great-grandson.

Three heads of the dragon - The Mother/Dany (Drogon), The Son/Rhaego (Rhaegel), The Holy Ghost/Jon (Viseryon).

Mirri Maz Duur and Maester Marwyn were disciples of Shiera Seastar/Quaithe, while they were in Asshai. Euron's nickname is Crow's Eye, because he also used to be one of Shiera's people, and Shiera is the Three-Eyed Crow, she's connected with Euron's eye thru blood magic.

It was Shiera who binded Bloodraven to the Weirwood, and left him in that cave. It's a parallel to wizard Merlin and his lover, water fairy Nimue (the Lady of the Lake that gave Excalibur to King Arthur).

Varys is grandson of Rohanne Webber-Lannister, the Red Widow. His mother is Jenny of Oldstones, fifth child of Rohanne and Gerold Lannister. Varys' father is, probably, Maelys Blackfyre.

Barristan Selmy, septa Lemore, and fAegon will die the same way as dolls of Florian the Fool, Lady Jonquil, and mummer's dragon in The Hedge Knight novel. fAegon, who is the mummers dragon from Dany's vision Slayer of lies, will be torn apart, while a Dornishwoman (Arianne Martell) will be crying. And Barristan and Lemore/Jeyne Swann will burn. Possibly their death will be a punishment from Dany, for the last out of three threasons, the one for love. Barristan, the greatest knight and the greatest fool, will chose love over loyalty, and will betray Dany for his son, fAegon.

The entire series will end with a big wedding, that will be held in a new capital-city, that will be build after King's Landing will be burned. That wedding will be between the Lamb of God and his Bride - either Jon and Dany, or Rhaego and daughter of Jon and Dany (Joanna - Jon + Lyanna).

On 1/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Many old discussions are being discussed again lately (yeah, I know, we do need Winds) Very cleverly at times, and not so much at other, less frequent times (tks the OG and the new). :D

It made me think it would be good to have a record of where people stand on these issues... Jon's parentage; Tyrion's Targness; is the paste Bran consumes partially made of crannogman; who wrote the PL; where is the house w/ the red door and the lemon tree, who is the Sailor's Wife... and more I can't recall at the mo.

I'll start w/ the above, and will edit and add suggestions that fit.

1. Jon's parentage: firmly on R+L=J

2. Tyrion is not a Targ, he isn't Aerys' son

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

5. Red door/lemon tree = Braavos

6. Lanna is the daughter of the SW and Gerion Lannister, not Tyrion

7. Theon will not be killed before the heart tree at the CV. 

1. Obviously R+L=J. Thematically as well as plot-wise, it’s ths only thing that makes sense. 

2. Tyrion is Tywin’s son. 

3. I legitimately don’t know. 

4. Ramsay wrote the PL. 

5. The Red Door is in Braavos. 

6. I have no strong feelings on this one. 

7. I don’t know. 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

1) Jon's parentage: Ned and Ashara, Wylla was her handmaid and Jon's wet-nurse

2) Tyrion is Tywin's son

3) Bran did not eat Jojen

4) Mance wrote the Pink Letter

5) Red door/lemon tree was in Braavos, because that is where Oberyn visited Willem Darry.

6) no opinion on Lanna, although Lanna does sound diminutive of Lannister.

7) I cannot see Stannis changing his mind about Theon, unless someone else shows up to confirm Rickon is alive - which is possible.

8) Lyanna never gave birth to a child. She died of a festered sword wound to the gut.

9) Robert Baratheon was the Smiling Knight

10) Lem Lemoncloak is a Kingsguard - either Arthur Dayne or Gerold Hightower

11) Young Griff really is Aegon

12) Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne

13) Cersei and Jaime are Aerys's children - my biggest crackpot of this list.

Quentyn Ball in 196 AC was a temporary caretaker of little Dunk, same as Willem Darry was caretaker of little Dany and Viserys.

1 hour ago, Feather Crystal said:

9) Robert Baratheon was the Smiling Knight

Smiling Knight was killed in 281, so it wasn't Robert.

Probably it was someone from Golden Company.

16 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Quentyn Ball in 196 AC was a temporary caretaker of little Dunk, same as Willem Darry was caretaker of little Dany and Viserys.

Smiling Knight was killed in 281, so it wasn't Robert.

Probably it was someone from Golden Company.

That's the official story, anyway. This isn't a thread to debate or support your theory. Just a list for posterity! If you're interested in reading more on my theory, I can direct you to this link.

ADWD, Tyrion III -

"Can you tell me the name of the knight who tried the same ploy with Vhagar during the Dance of the Dragons?"

Tyrion grinned. "Ser Byron Swann. He was roasted for his trouble … only the dragon was Syrax, not Vhagar."

"I fear that you're mistaken. In The Dance of the Dragons, A True Telling, Maester Munkun writes—"

"—that it was Vhagar. Grand Maester Munkun errs. Ser Byron's squire saw his master die, and wrote his daughter of the manner of it. His account says it was Syrax, Rhaenyra's she-dragon, which makes more sense than Munken's version. Swann was the son of a marcher lord, and Storm's End was for Aegon. Vhagar was ridden by Prince Aemond, Aegon's brother. Why should Swann want to slay her?"

Byron tried to slay Vhagar because, unlike the rest of House Swann, he was from anti-Aegon faction. Because his older brother, Lord Swann, years prior the Dance of the Dragons refused to pay ransom for Byron's daughter. And marcher lords were nearly always anti-Targaryen, later - pro-Blackfyre.

The Rogue Prince -

"Amongst those thus enslaved was Lady Johanna Swann, a fifteen-year-old niece of the Lord of Stonehelm. When her infamously niggardly uncle refused to pay the ransom, she was sold to a pillow house, where she rose to become the celebrated courtesan known as the Black Swan, and ruler of Lys in all but name."

That pillow house was the Perfumed Garden, owned by Rogares.

So Johanna Swann, the Black Swan of Lys, was mother of Larra Rogare. And thus all current Blackfyres and Targaryens are partially Swanns, thru Aegon IV's maternal grandmother.

Furthermore, septa Lemore, mother of fAegon is Lady Jeyne Swann.

And Haldon asked Tyrion specifically about that dragon-related Swann-related situation, because he is working for Varys/Illyrio/Golden Company, who are descendants of that Byron Swann, thru his daughter Johanna, and her daughter Larra, and grandson Aegon IV, father of Daemon I Blackfyre.

And it was Johanna (and her agents), who killed Drazenko Rogare, Lysandro Rogare, and all those other people in Lys. Because all of them were her ex-clients from the Perfumed Garden.

And Septa Lemore is the Perfumed Seneschal. Because of connection of House Swann to the Perfumed Garden, and because she is a parallel to Lady Jonquil (in medieval times jonquil oil was used as a basis for making perfumes; and Tyrion also mentioned Lady Jonquil, while him and Jorah were on board of the Selaesori Qhoran).

So Byron Swann actually attacked Vhagar, and was either killed by Vhagar in self-defence, or he was killed by Syrax.

Prior that war Syrax, Vhagar and Caraxes used to be close.

"Laena and Daemon grew close with Daemon's niece, Rhaenyra Targaryen, and the three often flew together upon their dragons, Vhagar, Caraxes, and Syrax.[4]

Laena died early in 120 AC. It is said that Laena attempted to reach Vhagar in her final hour as to fly one last time, but she did not have the strength. Following Laena's funeral on Driftmark, the ten-year old prince Aemond Targaryen claimed Vhagar as his own dragon.[4]"

So when Byron attacked Vhagar, Syrax defended her, and roasted Byron.

20 hours ago, Feather Crystal said:

If you're interested in reading more on my theory, I can direct you to this link.

Info from there: "Big Belly Ben - nearly killed Lord Crakehall, but was deterred by Jaime. Escaped capture. Fletcher Dick - unknown fate"

Fletcher Dick could be Dick Crabbs, Nimble Dick (the guy that Brienne met at the Stinking Goose). Though not just because they have the same name.

Could be that Wenda was member of House Cafferen from Fawntown, whose castle is located on southern edge of Kingswood (above Summerhall), and whose sigil is two white fawns. Fletcher Dick was raised in a village near Stonehelm, south from Kingswood. So some members of KB were from general area of Crownlands and Kingswood (Fawntown, Stonehelm, etc.).

Supposedly Dick Crabbs is originally from Crackclaw Point (Crownlands). But he could have lied about that. When those people were members of KB, could be that they were using aliases. So Wenda's real name was Meris Cafferen (and her aliase was inspired by Wendwater river, that flows thru Kingswood), and Fletcher Dick's real name was Dick Crabbs, or he was lying that he was from House Crabb, and Fletcher Dick is the real name, while Dick Crabbs is an aliase. Dick Crabb's armor was a dinted halfhelm, and Fletcher Dick was from Stonehelm <- this could be a clue, that it's the same person, that actually Dick Crabbs is from Stonehelm, not from Crackclaw Point. 

If it's the same person, and he was member of KB, and Wenda/Meris is indeed Brienne's mother, then it was fate, that they met many years after fall of KB, and it was daughter of Dick's ex-comrade, who caused his death and burried him.

And Big Belly Ben could be Strong Belvas.

Ulmer, Wenda, and Dick were from Westeros. And the other three - Smiling Knight, Simon Toyne, and Big Belly Ben - came from Essos. They were working for Varys/Illyrio, and he sent them to lure out Barristan (because he is a carrier of Blackfyre genes, and they needed a dragonseed baby to fulfill the prophecy about the Promised Prince).

So when later Jaime will meet Strong Belvas, he will recognize him as Big Belly Ben, ex-member of KB.

1. Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Rhaegar probably meant for him to be legitimate, but I don't see a way for it to take. I suspect Lyanna's stance was far more complicated than abducted/run off and probably changed throughout the whole deal. 
  2. Tyrion is Tywin's son. Period. Anything else would take inspired characterization and family dynamic and turn it into soap opera. I would accept that Tywin in his most paranoid moments feels he has cause to doubt Tyrion's paternity and this had been nagging at him throughout his life. 
  3. Nope. Just weirwood seeds. We've been beaten over the head with the fact that it's sap looks like blood. It may even be blood. There is actually nothing to point out that it is Jojen's blood.
  4. Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter and is a proposal for reciprocal blackmail. Don't tell my secret and I won't tell yours. 
  5. No particular opinion. Don't see the point of it being anywhere else than Braavos. 
  6. Lanna is Tyrion's daughter by Tysha who has claimed the mantle of the Sailor's Wife to explain her gimmick. 
  7. I think Theon is going become Bran's horse or mouthpiece. It is inconvenient to try and talk through ravens all the time. Theon's already broken and being a vessel for their god-king is the only thing that could possibly save him from the North men. 

1: R+L=J 100% true

2: Tyrion is Aerys's son by Joanna Lannister and it was this rivalry over Joanna which caused Tywin and Aerys's enmity.  It actually adds up beautifully once we get the world book and adds so much back story and context to the mens relationship. 

3: Nope no Jojen was harmed in the making of that paste; Jojen has a fate which awaits him on his return journey.

4: Ramsey wrote the pink letter.

5: It's Braavos.

6: Tyrion is Lanna's father the maths doesn't work at all for Gerion.

7: No Theon still has a part to play not least of which will be as a POV for Stannis's storyline, but also he needs to break the Kingsmoot and rule with Asha leaving the II's to her son. as foreshadowed in the world book/F&B and set up when Asha is married off - making her child defacto legitimate and notes she needs to brew moon tea post coitus but never gets the opportunity to do so.  

8: Sansa will execute LF at WF and mount his head above the gate house.

9: fAegon is fake he is the son of Illyrio who is descended from the female Blackfyre line and Serra who was Varys's sister both of whom descend from Aerion Brightflame Targaryen. 

10: Septa Lemore is Wenda the White Fawn. 

11: Lem Lemmonclaok is Richard Lonmouth

12: Stannis will die of his wounds mid way through TWOW after defeating the Boltons and taking WF. 

13: you need a fire wight to blow the Hell Horn

14: Tormund must be the one to blow the Horn of Joramun, which far from instantly collapsing the wall actually wakes hibernating giants who will hopefully be quite helpful. 

15: Darkstar was a squire for Rhaegar/Arthur et al during the elopement with Lyanna. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Many old discussions are being discussed again lately (yeah, I know, we do need Winds) Very cleverly at times, and not so much at other, less frequent times (tks the OG and the new). :D

It made me think it would be good to have a record of where people stand on these issues... Jon's parentage; Tyrion's Targness; is the paste Bran consumes partially made of crannogman; who wrote the PL; where is the house w/ the red door and the lemon tree, who is the Sailor's Wife... and more I can't recall at the mo.

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

I used to enjoy the discussions over whether Catelyn was a monster who abused Jon Snow.

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I used to enjoy the discussions over whether Catelyn was a monster who abused Jon Snow.

Well then, you should know there’s a video series on YouTube explaining why Cat is the worst person ever in all the universe. :ack:

2 hours ago, Megorova said:

Furthermore, septa Lemore, mother of fAegon is Lady Jeyne Swann.

And Haldon asked Tyrion specifically about that dragon-related Swann-related situation, because he is working for Varys/Illyrio/Golden Company, who are descendants of that Byron Swann, thru his daughter Johanna, and her daughter Larra, and grandson Aegon IV, father of Daemon I Blackfyre.

And it was Johanna (and her agents), who killed Drazenko Rogare, Lysandro Rogare, and all those other people in Lys. Because all of them were her ex-clients from the Perfumed Garden.

And Septa Lemore is the Perfumed Seneschal. Because of connection of House Swann to the Perfumed Garden, and because she is a parallel to Lady Jonquil (in medieval times jonquil oil was used as a basis for making perfumes; and Tyrion also mentioned Lady Jonquil, while him and Jorah were on board of the Selaesori Qhoran).

My apologies to kissdbyfire for going off topic, but I wanted to share some symbolism with Megorova regarding House Swann. This is something I stumbled upon during my study of the symbolism, parallels, and metaphors within the Cat of the Canals chapter.

Only Braavosi were permitted use of the Purple Harbor, from the Drowned Town and the Sealord’s Palace; ships from her sister cities and the rest of the wide world had to use the Ragman’s Harbor, a poorer, rougher, dirtier port than the Purple. It was noisier as well, as sailors and traders from half a hundred lands crowded its wharves and alleys, mingling with those who served and preyed on them. Cat liked it best of any place in Braavos. She liked the noise and the strange smells, and seeing what ships had come in on the evening tide and what ships had departed. She liked the sailors too; the boisterous Tyroshi with their booming voices and dyed whiskers; the fair-haired Lyseni, always trying to niggle down her prices; the squat, hairy sailors from the Port of Ibben, growling curses in low, raspy voices. Her favorites were the Summer Islanders, with their skins as smooth and dark as teak. They wore feathered cloaks of red and green and yellow, and the tall masts and white sails of their swan ships were magnificent.

I am a statue, like the Sealords that stand along the Canal of the Heroes. 

Arya is the character that said the quote directly above, and I believe she is a parallel to Lyanna, who is currently 'a statue' down in the Winterfell crypts. Patchface is the one that told us the north was underwater, thus it is one giant "sea", making the "Sealord" the Lord of Winterfell, while the 'Canal of Heroes' are the crypts holding the dead Lords. Therefore, the 'Sealord's Palace' is Winterfell castle.

IMO the 'Drowned Town' refers to what happened to Petyr when he dueled Brandon, and the 'Sealord's Palace' in conjunction with the 'Purple Harbor' refers to Sealord Ned's betrothal to Catelyn thereby pushing Petyr's entanglement with Lysa. The 'Purple Harbor' is meant to symbolize what happened to Lysa - that Hoster forcefully caused Lysa to abort Petyr's fetus. If I've totally lost you at this point, please soldier through to my main point, which is about House Swann. If you want further information about my interpretations of the Cat of the Canals chapter, you can follow this link.

First and foremost it's symbolically implied that House Swann wears 'feathered cloaks of red and green and yellow', which implies concealment (supporting your claim re: Septa Lemore) and maybe even a bit of skin changing. But, the tall masts and white sails of the swan ships seem a bit…awkward, since “mast” has often been used to describe an erect penis. If GRRM is describing these ships as “magnifient"…well, that’s pretty sick! 

There may be alternate meanings for “swan ships”. In the World of Ice & Fire there is a listing for “swan maidensthat lured travelers in the Velvet Hills to their deaths. Isn't that what Arya eventually does? Lures men with the promise of sex, and then kills them. Pentoshi legend says that the hero Hukko killed seven of the maidens, not for their crimes, but as sacrifices to the Seven.

A third explanation for swan ships comes from the city Lys, also known as Lys the Lovely and Perfumed Sister. Lys is one of the nine Free Cities of Essos located in the Summer Sea. Lys is deeply involved in the slave trade, and slaves outnumber freeborn three to one. It is also most famous for their bed-slaves and pillow houses. They also breed the prettiest to the handsomest in order to produce the most beautiful courtesans. In 96 AC, Lys united with Myr and Tyrosh to form the Triarchy, also known as the Kingdom of Three Daughters. While the Triarchy was initially appreciated for subduing pirates, it became resented for its practice of capturing women and comely children from passing ships to serve in the pillow houses. One of these victims included Johanna Swann of House Swann, whose uncle refused to pay her ransom. Johanna rose to become the Black Swan - a powerful courtesan who practically ruled Lys.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

3. Bran didn't eat Jojen

4. Ramsay wrote the PL

What fun! 

I'm going on the record too, then, with my thoughts: 

01. R+L=J, definitely. (Still a little confused how so many people still resist and/or debate this one. I thought Martin was heavy-handed with the clues in Game on the first read!)

02. Tyrion is a bastard of Aerys and Joanna. So are Jaime and Cersei. Mighty Tywin "My Legacy!" Lannister did not succeed to father any children on his wife whatsoever! No need for factions to debate endlessly whether the twins or Tyrion are the dragonseed bastards, because all are. They're Liondragons="lyin' dragons"! This is actually plot relevant. So much so, it's written into the prophecy of ice and fire. (Most convincing proofs I've found--although it's all over--would be a reread of House of the Undying chapter. Start to finish. It's all important. Maegi Spicer's prophecy is another iteration, which pertains not only to Cersei's fate. Again, a re-read of that chapter is crucial, with details of how those fates play out given in surrounding paragraphs, etc. There's also Azor Ahai's lion--they each get one! Jaime's descent into the tunnels of the Red Keep chapter, following Tywin's slaying. Jaime's bowels of Casterly Rock dream. Quaithe's warning. Even Jon's description of the direwolf pups--"once they were six," with five whimpering in the snow trying to drink their dead mother's milk whilst he crawled off alone, with Nymeria+pack=Dany+freedmen, Summer=Aegon, "one he could no longer sense," etc.) So... yeah, they are Lannisters only through the "female" line. Which is how Tywin isn't really contradicting himself when he says things like "you are no son of mine" and yet it would be kinslaying to do harm to Tyrion, or when he insists Tyrion is not entitled to Casterly Rock (technically he is, but technically he isn't!), and not speaking to Genna for (half?) a year for saying Tyrion is his "son" and not Jaime. Tyrion's birth (he being a dwarf) made him suspect something possibly, and yet he cannot prove it (especially with Joanna dying in childbirth). Whether he admits to himself that Cersei and Jaime mightn't be his either is a curiosity to ponder, as pertains the nuance of his relationships with all his children. And, of course, there was Joanna's threat to tell some unpleasant truth to Lord Tywin when a maid caught her twins doing incestuous things together--what truths? Was it possible even she did not know the twins weren't Tywin's until they started to display a "distinctly" Targ behavior? Another curiosity to ponder. 

03. Bran consumed a human sacrifice to be wedded to the trees. Cannibalism is a huge part of how this is carried out now--because the marriage with the trees has been corrupted; this is why it's so important when the three-eyed crow (Jon Snow, a white crow with red eyes) "wakes the stone dragon" (for his prophetic triplet), which is the earth itself (which is the dragon with three heads). That's why he's a corn king, presiding over the feast of the dead. (Bonus: the crypts of Winterfell--and Jon Snow--are what's downstairs in the House of the Undying Ones when Dany faces the "first door on the right is the last door on the left" trick, a place in which she can only go up! Like the moon goddess mother of dragons that she is! He goes down into the earth and the realm of the dead, to become the "ghost" in the wood, like the corn king stone dragon prince that he is!). Bran's story is not only a horror story but also major foreshadowing of Jon Snow's story. That's why he constantly roleplays as a greenseer (the princes/princess that were promised are all greenseer gods--the true kind) and the "prince of Winterfell" (Jon Snow is a much more legitimate son of Rhaegar than one might expect, even with Aerys II's support--because he'd turned on the Dornish for their treasons by the time Rhaegar and Lyanna wanted to marry; Rhaegar publicly set his Dornish wife aside and proclaimed his intent to wed at Harrenhal with that gesture, Aerys was cool with it because he fancied Lyanna would bring a much larger army than the lying treasonous Dornish--he'd found out their 50k Dornish spears were really only 10k--and Rickard "Southron Ambitions" Stark went along with it, maybe ruefully, maybe gladly--his grandson would be king, he might have thought, since he'd have Aerys's support ("She smells Dornish" = she stinks of perfume to hide the corruption--of poisons, lies, and treasons--beneath!)  and could sway or earn or command Rhaegar's--until Brandon "Wild Wolf" went off half-cocked and committed treason calling for Rhaegar to "come out and die." Aerys, though paranoid, tends to be much more coherent in his thought processes than his ignominious title "Mad King" would suggest; he overreacted to the Stark treason because he thought he'd found a true ally following the disaster of the Dornish treason by which they stole his son, heir, and throne for generations to come). 

04. Haven't given Pink Letter much thought or attention. Read lots of theories. Yet to make my own conclusions. 

05. Red door=DROGON! Lemon tree=sourness required to become "bride of fire" and "wed" her dragon. It's a metaphor of skinchanging and "going home to god." That is the big house with the red door = Dany dying (burning Dragonstone + Dothraki/Freedmen by fire and having "the greatest funeral pyre of them all" and "becoming a dragon" to "burn her enemies (the Others) to ash" and turn the 'Trident' into "a torrent.") Varamyr tells us that skinchanging is "a marriage." And Dany became a "bride of fire" before: a. when she dreamed of Drogon burning her and leaving her "strong and new and fierce," b. when she burned Drogo and became the mother of dragons, c. when she gave birth and died and bled bloody footprints on the stone as she raced to the red door--that is, when she DIED THE FIRST TIME.) Aerion Brightflame and Aerys II's wildfire plot foreshadow Dany's ultimate fate. Dany dies, becomes Drogon, where she reunites with Drogo+Rhaego. She isn't the only one. Aegon/Young Griff+Rhaegal, Jon Snow+Viserion--but Jon Snow dies three different times, which one of Bran's chapters tells us is something special. (Bonus: the Trident becoming a torrent is both foreshadowing and a play on words. First, Dany is only at Dragonstone because of her army breaking and running from the Trident, at which time Jorah/her Hand carry her "home" to Dragonstone to await the arrival of the victors. Dany faces Stannis's forces on the Trident. But Aegon's forces are there too. And Jon Snow helps Stannis fight. He and Aegon kill each other in dragonback duel, like Daemon Targaryen and Aemond One-Eye, like Ser Arryk and Ser Erryk and some other kinslayer brothers I've forgotten, which is what causes Dany's forces to break and run--Dothraki horses might spook, or maybe just they mutiny, as Patchface's prophecy predicts: I will lead it (the army)! We will march into the sea (I'll die) and out again (and be "reborn" or arrive upon a "second life" in a second skin) and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh (and a herald will sound, like the three blows of the NW horn to announce the Others; like the three "cracks" of "thunder" when the three moon rocks slammed into the earth amidst the meteor shower of a "thousand dragons", like the three cracks of the dragons hatching, with the last one sounding like "the breaking of the world"). The Trident is also significant to Dany as the battle Viserys/she wish desperately to re-fight and win, as it was Rhaegar's battle, and they choose to mold themselves upon Rhaegar. The Trident is where we will see Stannis's vision of the king with the flaming crown--Dany will kill Stannis on the Trident, I think, but then when Jon Snow arrives--in hammer and anvil maneuver?--and fights Aegon, her victory goes south and sour and ish hits the fan, forcing her to flee back south.) 

06. Lanna is Tyrion's daughter by Tysha, probably. She's the answer to the question plaguing him "Wherever whores go"/"Where do whores go?" To a brothel. To bed. To the bloody bed, even (as consequence of going to bed). That Tysha's brothel is in Braavos, beneath the Titan of Braavos is reference to a. Littlefinger, a known whoremonger, whose grandsire was Braavosi, b. Tyrion, the "giant of Lannister" who is "come among us here at the end of the world" and c. the disputed lands, the three quarrelsome daughters (of Valyria, mother of dragons; Lys/lies, Myr/(quag)mire, Tyrosh/tear-ish)/three quarrelsome brothers = the three-headed dragon, the earth goddess and her brothers the sun=Titan/giant, eldest, brute/torturer, tyrant, warrior/sellsword, bastard, average intelligence, producer of weapons and dyes; large moon=average in size, middle child, cleverest child but often disguises himself as a fool, eunuch, sneak/spy, magician/magic-user, uses trickery and deception to lead people into "quagmires", producer of poisons; small moon=smallest, youngest, stupidest/fool but most beautiful, fertile and father of dragons, whore, liar, poisoner, producer of perfumes. 

07. No conclusions drawn. Theon is a Grey King figure, so I do believe it is possible he returns to the Iron Islands at some point. However, the Grey King, having slain his brother (the First King, the King of Spring, the Corn King, Garth the Green) is killed by his brother, who avenges him, the Garth the Red, the King of Summer (who dons his brother's armor, turning it fiery, like Renly's Ghost at the Battle of Blackwater Bay--and thus is mistaken for his brother, Garth the Green), and it is this vengeance which turns him from Garth the Blue(/White) to Garth the Grey (like Theon is flayed and "grayed" by Ramsay's "vengeance" for his taking of Winterfell, slaying the Stark boys, his "brothers," and slaying the farmer's boys, the younger of which was his own son, thus becoming Theon Turncloak--turning his cloak from Blue of Winter/from team Winterfell and Stark, to gray of death and decay, as if the "dark" color leeched out of him--and Theon Kinslayer). So, for Theon to be "killed" by a fiery stag king (e.g. who dons his earthy stag king brother's armor to assume his role as king/heir--Robert/Renly--and turns it fiery and red!), Stannis, is actually quite a fitting end for him, and does not bode well for his arc continuing. 

(Bonus: the three Garths have a female iteration in the song "Seasons of My Love." 

Known verses are: 

I loved a maid as fair as summer

with sunshine in her hair.

I loved a maid as red as autumn

with sunset in her hair.

I loved a maid as white winter

with moonglow in her hair. 

My best guess for the unknown first verse:

I loved a maid as green as spring

with flowers in her hair. )

I think that, maybe, Melisandre is Jenny of Oldstones.

Jenny's mother is Rohanne Webber-Lannister/the Ghost of Hight Heart. Though her father is either Gerold Lannister, or Duncan the Tall. And Duncan is son of Daemon I Blackfyre and Princess Daenerys Targaryen. So if Jenny/Melisandre is Duncan's daughter, then she is partially dragonseed.

Jenny and Blackfyre sword were stolen from Summerhall. Then Jenny was impregnated by Maelys the Monstrous, and Varys and Serra are their children. Prior Maelys went to Westeros to fight against Targaryens, he was convinced by Silvertongue to leave pregnant Jenny in Tyrosh at Adarys' household. In 267, six and half years after Maelys' death, Alequo has sold Maelys' twin-children to slavers. Jenny's daughter, lot seven, was sold under name Melony. Though later, when she was resold to pillow house in Lys, to be trained there as a courtesan, she was renamed into Serra.

So in this scene from Melisandre's memory - "Strange voices called to her from days long past. "Melony," she heard a woman cry. A man's voice called, "Lot Seven." She was weeping, and her tears were flame. And still she drank it in." - the crying woman was Melisandre/Jenny, that man was Alequo Adarys, and Lot Seven/Melony was Mel's/Jenny's daughter.

Silvertongue sold her children, and then she poisoned him.

The World Book (Maelys died in 260) - "Maelys the Monstrous was the fifth and last of the Blackfyre Pretenders; with his death, the curse that Aegon the Unworthy had inflicted on the Seven Kingdoms by giving his sword to his bastard son was finally ended.

Half a year of hard fighting remained before the Stepstones and the Disputed Lands were freed from the remaining Band of Nine, and it would be six years before Alequo Adarys, the Tyrant of Tyrosh, was poisoned by his queen and the Archon of Tyrosh was restored." <- that "queen" was Jenny/Mel. And she used blood magic to kill Silvertongue, not a mere poison. For his death, she paid with life of her half-brother, Tytos Lannister -> "The following year, 267 AC, saw the death of Lord Tytos Lannister at the age of six-and forty. Reportedly, his lordship's heart burst as he was climbing a steep turnpike stair to the bedchambers of his mistress."

Archived