No order....

Barristan Selmy

Asha Greyjoy 

Ramsy Bolton (Snow)

Tommen Baratheon( Hill)

(F)Aegon Targaryen

BOUNS #6 Cersie Lannister 

P.S.

It's way more than 5 people, my low ball estimate is at least 3 times the names I've listened, I have not even touched the Nights watch, characters in the Vale, whatever Tyrells die before Cersie, whoever dies in the battle of old town and the situation in the riverlands(TBWOB), and the the situation in well yea you get the idea...

Winds is gonna be an absolute bloodbath.

18 hours ago, The Transporter said:

So list your top five predictions to die in the next book.

1. Aeron
  2. Robin Arryn
  3. Sansa
  4. Barristan
  5. Bowen
  • Victarion Greyjoy
  • Daario Naharis
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Skahaz mo Kandaq

Those are the most significant characters who will die. 

Below are the minor characters who will die.

Ben Plumm, Wayman Manderly, Summer, Edmure, Robert Strong, Meera, the Tattered Prince, Blackfish, and Doran.

14 hours ago, Vaith said:

Would like to know the justification too. Sansa would be in one of my top 5s to survive the entire series. :)

Indeed. Most of us agree. It is the first time I see someone claiming that Sansa will die. And @The Transporter is not alone

8 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

1 - Jon - from the stabbing he got for treason

2 - Barristan

3 - Stannis - already died per the pink letter

4 - Gilly - Sam needs tragedy in his life 

5 - Hizdahr

6 - Petyr

7 - Sansa

14 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

You are all going to be wrong about Barry. There's a whole story there. Living to be humbled by Jaime's explanation for killing Aerys. To have the game of thrones thrust on him. To witness Dany's spiral into "madness" and getting a second chance to decide if he should rescue another bad ruler the realm would be better off without. To turn cloak on Dany for Aegon, because he's the better more sane ruler, or refuse that temptation for honour. Or is the true temptation his forbidden once in a lifetime love Ashara Dayne Lemore, nestled deep within the Aegon camp?

Barry will play a part in the coming dance,

this is going to come true for some king or queen, possibly Tyrion himself. And Barry's death is in Westeros.

Yeah you may be right there. I think I will withdraw my Bazza nomination and replace with Melisandre.

Many, but of those i consider most important currently...

- Barristan (a sad day but too many pov's in mereen in no time, and the bold shall die a knight with a personal history worthy of an album of songs)

- Greyjoy bros Aeron and Vic (too many krakens close to the end, Theon and Euron seem the ones with chances to be alive in ADOS)

- Jon Con (i don't see that angle being important in ADOS, and another isolation in essos is just waste of character arc)

- Stannis (very sad day aswell but either in the end of Winds or beginning of Spring but i bet on the former, a badass death though)

I bet Varys and Littlefinger are either both dead at the end or just one of them, because i believe ADOS is going to be a "final battle" book with little room for "plots" but it's just a feeling...

Benjen Stark's death i'm still on the fence between the end of Winds and Ados.

19 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

You are all going to be wrong about Barry. There's a whole story there. Living to be humbled by Jaime's explanation for killing Aerys. To have the game of thrones thrust on him. To witness Dany's spiral into "madness" and getting a second chance to decide if he should rescue another bad ruler the realm would be better off without. To turn cloak on Dany for Aegon, because he's the better more sane ruler, or refuse that temptation for honour. Or is the true temptation his forbidden once in a lifetime love Ashara Dayne Lemore, nestled deep within the Aegon camp?

Barry will play a part in the coming dance,

this is going to come true for some king or queen, possibly Tyrion himself. And Barry's death is in Westeros.

I really like this and hope you are correct, and a kingsguard knight should die defending his king (or queen).  

I am also puzzled by the people who listed Sansa.  The lords/ladies have accepted the story they've been told about her being Alayne.  The only direct threat is Ser Shadrich.  

There are a few ominous signs hanging over Sansa.

• A stunningly horrible (prescient?) nightmare of being torn to pieces with knives.
  • All that sleeping; so many bedroom scenes... She goes to bed and gives herself to the darkness. She cries herself to sleep night after night. She falls asleep as soon as the moon rises. She blacks out a couple of times, and is surprised that time has jumped forward without her. She sleeps and sleeps and wishes she could just go back to bed and sleep some more. Her story references Beauty & the Beast, and Snow White - why not Sleeping Beauty also? Anyway, foreshadowing-wise, she's clearly either dreaming or dead. (At least there are good prospects for an afterlife in these books. :))
  • No sign of her true love so far, and I think he should have been indicated by now if that happy ending exists. Ok, I know a female character should not be defined simply through romance, but love and marriage have been some of Sansa's major issues so far, and where's the resolution? All her suitors, and all the likely boys are hopelessly flawed in some way. Not happening. (Sandor is the only person she has made a meaningful connection with, but he brings his own set of problems.) So, we have an arc without an end for Sansa.

20 hours ago, Wolf of the Steppes said:

I am also puzzled by the people who listed Sansa.  The lords/ladies have accepted the story they've been told about her being Alayne.  The only direct threat is Ser Shadrich.  

I'll still stand by my thinking of "direct threat".  However, @Lost Melnibonean made some beautiful observations in a completely different topic that I just read.  Some very ominous foreshadowing concerning Sansa that really gave me pause.  Thanks!

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/153079-poll-is-the-house-with-the-red-door-in-dorne/&do=findComment&comment=8295766

On 1/30/2019 at 7:37 AM, The Transporter said:

So list your top five predictions to die in the next book.

1. Aeron
  2. Robin Arryn
  3. Sansa
  4. Barristan
  5. Bowen

On 1/30/2019 at 9:25 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Aeron's religious conviction will give him the strength to endure.  Sweetrobin will surprise everyone.  He's gonna send Petyr and Sansa out of that moon door. 

6 - Petyr. 

7 - Sansa.

Bowen is a maybe.  The men of the watch will support his decision to execute Jon.  The danger to him will come from the free folk barbarians.  But they're more interested in getting out than fighting him at the wall.

Bowen Marsh is not going to die until the White Walkers get past the wall in A Dream of Spring.  He did the right thing and any man of the watch with common sense can see that.  Lord commander Jon spiraled into madness and Bowen stopped him.  

Bran ate Jojen but that happened in Dance.  I saw no reason to list him on the predictions list for Winds.  

58 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Sansa was not among the five who are supposed to survive until the end.  This is according to the letter from the author to his editor/publisher.  I think and hope she will die in The Winds of Winter.  She would be #6 on my list.  

And she also didn’t have a child with Joffrey. The Others didn’t get Catelyn either.

GRRM never even said there were five who would live. He just said — in 1993 — that he considered Jon, Bran, Arya, Dany, and Tyrion to be the five *main* characters.

1 hour ago, Wolf of the Steppes said:

I'll still stand by my thinking of "direct threat".  However, @Lost Melnibonean made some beautiful observations in a completely different topic that I just read.  Some very ominous foreshadowing concerning Sansa that really gave me pause.  Thanks!

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/153079-poll-is-the-house-with-the-red-door-in-dorne/&do=findComment&comment=8295766

Many have guessed that the tourney is going to end in a clusterfuck of massive proportions. It doesn't mean that Sansa is going to die then and there.

Archived