TWoW Prologue POV

Euron III Greyjoy

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, AlienCarnivore said:

My guesses would be Maester Creylen, maester of Casterly Rock, Sybell Spicer, or Ser Forley Prester. 

Maester Creylen could give us some information on Casterly Rock and the Lannisters residing there, including if they're going to play a role in the future.

Sybell Spicer, like @Jabar of House Titansaid above me, knows important things that I believe need to be revealed already. Robb died in Book 3, this will be Book 6. It's time for some answers. And, like many others, I hope she dies.

Ser Forley Prester is in charge of the army bringing Jeyne and Edmure to Casterly Rock and he seems like a good soldier and loyal to House Lannister. If he ends up dying somehow, that would be a big blow to House Lannister's army. 

Ooohhh, I forgot all about Prester. That's a good one. If my predictions about Cersei and Jaime's stories are true, then House Lannister is going to fall in this book and Prester's demise makes it even more so. I don't think House Lannister will end yet per say -- I think GRRM is saving the death of House Lannister for A Dream of Spring because the climactic end of Jaime and Cersei's relationship is too good to not put it in the series finale -- but I think they are going to take some hard hits in The Winds of Winter that will make them put them on the brink of extinction. Think House Stark at the end of A Storm of Swords.

Sybell is still my number one vote, largely due to the magical element.

The Faceless Men and the Citadel were the focus of Book 4 prologue. Skinchanging got the spotlight in Book 5. The fire magic of the Red God in Book 2. The Others and the Wall were introduced in the Book 1 prologue and Book 3 had the Others appear again but this time with an emphasis on weather-bending ice magic.

Love potions and other quasi-mystical mind-altering, body chemistry-manipulating substances in Book 7? Told from the perspective of a highborn female (all of the prologues and epilogues so far have been male)? Count me in! That way you can have a parallel between Euron forcing-feeding Aeron shade of the evening and Sybell Spicer drugging Robb and Jeyne.

Also, I think it's the time that we really start unveiling and deconstructing all of these prophecies. And the best/easiest one to start with is the Cersei prophecy. Who better to get the ball rolling that Maggy the Frog's (allegedly) granddaughter, Lady Sybell.

Speaking of which do you guys think that we should have an epilogue for The Winds of Winter too?

There seems to be a pattern to the Prologues:

AGOT - Beyond the Wall - Will

ACOK - Maester Cressen

ASOS - Beyond the Wall - Chett

AFFC - Acolyte at the Citadel - Pate

ADWD - Beyond the Wall - Varamyr

TWOW - should be a maester or at the Citadel again...wait. Uh oh. The maesters are decreasing in ability. Cressen was an old maester. Pate was learning to be a maester, but wasn't one officially yet, so maybe we'll have a person just arriving to the Citadel? Oh no, not Sam! :crying:

6 hours ago, Feather Crystal said:

There seems to be a pattern to the Prologues:

AGOT - Beyond the Wall - Will

ACOK - Maester Cressen

ASOS - Beyond the Wall - Chett

AFFC - Acolyte at the Citadel - Pate

ADWD - Beyond the Wall - Varamyr

TWOW - should be a maester or at the Citadel again...wait. Uh oh. The maesters are decreasing in ability. Cressen was an old maester. Pate was learning to be a maester, but wasn't one officially yet, so maybe we'll have a person just arriving to the Citadel? Oh no, not Sam! :crying:

Interesting idea on the POV of this Prologue being tied to someone involved with, belonging to, The Citadel, but I think there are at least two reasons it couldn't be Sam.  The first, we haven't had a 'regular' POV character for Prologue or Epilogue.  The second reason, IIRC, GRRM said that Jeyne Westerling would be in this POV in answer to the tv show's Red Wedding scenario, and our 'regular' character Sam is much too far from her, I would think. 

I like the Spicer idea as well as the Prester one. Other options:

• Emmon Frey
  • Osha (sad but could foresee it)
  • Paxter Redwyne or some rando member of the Redwyne-Hightower Fleet (also hoping this is not the case as I would like to see the Greyjoys destroyed).
  • Blackfish

Archived