Football: Bayern Seek the CHOsen One

Philokles

Fellaini off to China. Even if Solskjaer’s stay at United is brief, that is one thing English football can be eternally grateful to him for.

Overall, it has been a rather quiet January window, which is a little surprising given how many sides were caught off guard by the early end to the summer one. 

Is it crazy to think Nathan Ake is up there with Zaha for best player outside the top 6? 

Clyne’s ball was filthy in the build up to Kings 2nd yesterday and he seemed very solid defensively as usual. <_<

All those dangerous Bournemouth counters. Have to wonder if Kante wouldn’t have broken them up had he been playing in his best role.

Our midfield has looked miles better now Fabinho and Lallana are on, but that still doesn't explain why Klopp would pick Wijnaldum and Keita as our starters in the first place. I mean, it's not a fucking secret that they're both shit

I actually thought Keita was decent yesterday. Shaqiri was invisible and Gini was having one of his negative games. Keita was at least positive and should have drawn a pen :dunno:. Don’t think Lallana was effective at all really. Fabinho is our 1st midfielder on the team sheet. If he and Hendo had started in midfield (say with idk Clyne at RB) I think that game goes differently. 

Squad feels light especially when Shaqiri starts. No one to come off the bench to change things when that’s the case. Sturridge is still riding that Chelsea wonder goal. Cant remember the last time he actually made a difference. Think we should have considered buying a reinforcement or two this month but instead we loaned out quality depth. Weird

The football Chelsea are playing at the moment is simply atrocious to watch. I thought we were dire at times under Conte last season, but it was better than watching the sideways/backwards passing that we are seeing this season. 

I don't know what games Sarri is watching, because his opinion is very different from the majority of the Chelsea fans. The second half was obviously a mess, but he claimed we played well in the first half. We were dreadful in the first half, we just didn't concede. We can't create clear cut chances and our tempo is so slow; the players are so out of sync with each other.

If I was the kind of striker that requires service, like Morata or Higuain, I wouldn't enjoy playing alongside Willian, Hazard and Pedro, as they seem to play far too close to the centre forward and prefer to dribble than cross. Our full backs can't cross either and our midfield has no creativity in it. Even Aubamayang would struggle for goals in this team. The only kinds of strikers that I think would suit this team would be ones that can drop deep and link up play in the style of Firmino, or ones that can do absolutely everything and score goals without the help of others, like a Harry Kane.

It's almost funny how the Chelsea players (and fans, it has to be said) complained about Mourinho and Conte's more pragmatic tactics and hoped that one day we would get a manager to come and turn us into a team that liked to take control of the ball. Now that manager has come, it turns out these players look like they only suit playing counter attacking football; and for the fans, watching the team play has perhaps never been less enjoyable, as now we have all the ball, but have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

5 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Is it crazy to think Nathan Ake is up there with Zaha for best player outside the top 6? 

It's crazy to think Zaha is up there. Okay, I'm biased because of how blindingly shit he was for us but even still, I've never been sure why he's so insistently in the conversation, he's still gifted but frustrating. Just for starters as wide forwards go he isn't as good as Richarlison or probably Felipe Anderson in my opinion.

Ake, maybe? Ryan Fraser would be my Bournemouth pick this season but that is just an easier position and role to notice.

But really it's Doucoure, or Ruben Neves.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's crazy to think Zaha is up there. Okay, I'm biased because of how blindingly shit he was for us but even still, I've never been sure why he's so insistently in the conversation, he's still gifted but frustrating. Just for starters as wide forwards go he isn't as good as Richarlison or probably Felipe Anderson in my opinion.

Ake, maybe? Ryan Fraser would be my Bournemouth pick this season but that is just an easier position and role to notice.

But really it's Doucoure, or Ruben Neves.

Yeah honestly I don’t watch enough of any of these players to rightly rate them. Idk I just don’t think I’ve ever watched Nathan Ake play and not been impressed. 

21 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anyone who watches MLS reassure me we haven't just broken our transfer record for nothing? 

almiron is quite good. I watched him several times. her has pace,  a lovely left foot,  creates great chances via excellent passing and is brutal on the counter. 

I am actually very excited for this move. 

27 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

almiron is quite good. I watched him several times. her has pace,  a lovely left foot,  creates great chances via excellent passing and is brutal on the counter. 

I am actually very excited for this move. 

Hoping the cynicism about MLS in Europe means he may have been undervalued. 

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Quite a major shock in the Asian Cup. Qatar beat Japan 3-1 in the final to claim their first title and set a tournament record in the process for most goals scored (19) and least conceded (1). Xavi was right.  

Does that mean that there's a chance their team won't be a total embarrassment at the World Cup?

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Does that mean that there's a chance their team won't be a total embarrassment at the World Cup?

If they perform at the level they did during this tournament then they have a pretty good chance of getting beyond the group stage.

Gomez has to have surgery. Probably out for the season. Matip and Lovren can’t stay healthy for more than one game at a time. So no back up RB, one reliable CB, and Moreno is our back up LB :lol: any serious injury to another defender and we are fucked. Loaning out Clyne was fucking stupid. 

3 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Gomez has to have surgery. Probably out for the season. Matip and Lovren can’t stay healthy for more than one game at a time. So no back up RB, one reliable CB, and Moreno is our back up LB :lol: any serious injury to another defender and we are fucked. Loaning out Clyne was fucking stupid. 

Terrible news for Gomez, whose career has been plagued by bad injuries.  Fucking Burnley/Dyche/Mee.  This is a profound setback to what was brirfly the best defense in Europe. 

Lovren’s hamstring is injured again too.  He’ll miss Monday at least. 

14 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Quite a major shock in the Asian Cup. Qatar beat Japan 3-1 in the final to claim their first title and set a tournament record in the process for most goals scored (19) and least conceded (1). Xavi was right.  

They also used two ineligible players which the AFC swept under the carpet when the UAE protested. 

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

They also used two ineligible players which the AFC swept under the carpet when the UAE protested. 

Allegedly. The UAE are hardly bastions of integrity and their protest comes across more as sour grapes - how convenient that the crying over ineligible players only came about when Qatar dumped the UAE out of the tournament. 

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Allegedly. The UAE are hardly bastions of integrity and their protest comes across more as sour grapes - how convenient that the crying over ineligible players only came about when Qatar dumped the UAE out of the tournament. 

So protests are only legit, when they come from countries/FAs with a sterling reputation, and if they haven't been eliminated?

13 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought Klopp said something along the lines of, when the decission was made there were six players to cover for an injury. Anyway, thought you guys still had Milner to cover for the fullbacks. And crying over spilled milk now won't help you get thru the season.

Archived