Football: Bayern Seek the CHOsen One

Philokles

8 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So protests are only legit, when they come from countries/FAs with a sterling reputation, and if they haven't been eliminated?

No. The point is that nobody else lodged any complaint whatsoever about Qatar fielding ineligible players and no compelling evidence has been put forward that Ali and al-Rawi were actually ineligible - in fact those two players have represented Qatar at the Gulf Cup, Asian Games and World Cup qualifying where their eligibility was never questioned. Funnily enough, the UAE had zero issues about their eligibility when they beat Qatar 4-1 at the Asian Games and only started moaning and accusing AFC of a cover up (with no evidence to back up their claims) when Qatar humiliated them in their own backyard. That's why their protests come across as sour grapes. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought Klopp said something along the lines of, when the decission was made there were six players to cover for an injury. Anyway, thought you guys still had Milner to cover for the fullbacks. And crying over spilled milk now won't help you get thru the season.

Milner isn’t great at fullback tbh. Especially rb. Clyne was probably the best backup rb in the league. Filled in really well against United in December. With him playing RB we wouldn’t have to force midfielders out of position. And Klopp has known for a while that our CBs are injury prone. Fabinho is our best midfielder on form this season, will be frustrating if he’s forced into the back four at all during the run in cause of poor squad planning. 

I swear every time a Liverpool fan bitches about something on here you reply with a dig. Fans complain about shit :dunno: 

edit: Dubravka noooo

48 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I swear every time a Liverpool fan bitches about something on here you reply with a dig. Fans complain about shit :dunno: 

Mainly because I find the moaning does not really reflect what is happening on pitch.

Yes, if Klopp knew that Gomez would be out for the season he might have decided differently with regards to Clyne, maybe not. So this time, I can actually see where the moaning is coming from.

48 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Clyne was probably the best backup rb in the league. Filled in really well against United in December.

True, however, I don't know what happened behind closed doors at Anfield or Melwood. So I can really see Clyne talking to Klopp behind closed doors in October or so and asking him for a move to get more playing time. Clyne is too good for a right back to be satisfied with a place on the bench, and TAA is blocking his place on the team. I assume Clyne sees himself on the England squad, and the Liverpool bench is not gonna get him there. So (I assume) Klopp probably said something along the line, please wait till January, you know there are always injuries, if you don't get enough time on the pitch I will sort out a move for you. Clyne did not really get that many games, so off he went. Remember, that Clyne has represented England on senior level not that long ago. So him settling for back up at Liverpool is probably a tough ask. And he is not really a centreback to help you out there.

a rough loss today. dubravka has rarely made a mistake for Newcastle. today it cost us a point.

I like ayoze a lot. he was a cheap signing and is s hardworking player. but having almiron compete for a spot should push him further.  he continually tries to and occasionally succeeds at dribbling through two or three players.  sometimes I just want a player who can find a pass or just drive in a shot from outside. 

1 hour ago, lmanion said:

Huddersfield were down when Wagner left if chelsea werent going to show up against them then Sarri would have been in all sorts of bother 

No, not really. The squad is simply not good enough for EPL standards. Last year they managed with a fair share of luck and lots of euphoria from their promoted players. That wasn't gonna last forever. In addition they desperately lack somebody who is able to put the ball in the back of the net this year. Those problems were there with Wagner, and they will be there until the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

No, not really. The squad is simply not good enough for EPL standards. Last year they managed with a fair share of luck and lots of euphoria from their promoted players. That wasn't gonna last forever. In addition they desperately lack somebody who is able to put the ball in the back of the net this year. Those problems were there with Wagner, and they will be there until the end of the season.

Yeah I picked them as one to go down at the start of the season like most people, what I was getting at was Wagner leaving was basically resignation from him and the club that they had to start preparing for life in the championship. They got away with not scoring last year because a few clubs that had been there for a while severely underperformed.

I know that changing a system takes time, and we're trying to change both defensively and offensively.

That said, it's frustrating to see us throwing away points on terrible defending. All three goals against came as a result of stupid mistakes. Shouldn't happen. 

I hope to see our attack getting better eventually. We really struggle when we try to dictate games.

4 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Arsenal have responded well since that disastrous first minute. Hold on ya 

Well they’ve got a goal back. If this pattern of play continues I can’t see them not conceding again though. 

I’m not sure why they aren’t playing 3 at the back with the team they’ve got out there.

Just now, ljkeane said:

Well they’ve got a goal back. If this pattern of play continues I can’t see them not conceding again though. 

I’m not sure why they aren’t playing 3 at the back with the team they’ve got out there.

They're not. They're playing a 4-4-2. 

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

They're not. They're playing a 4-4-2. 

Yeah, I know. I’m saying with two players who’re better at wingback in Lichsteiner and Kolasinac plus Monreal being a decent centreback in a three that’s the logical way they should be playing.

Archived