Football: Bayern Seek the CHOsen One

Philokles

Two points dropped for Arsenal. They were the better side and had Spurs pocketed for the most part. Very dodgy penalty for Spurs as well.

Spurs need Ben Davies back because Rose is a fucking liability - ruined nearly every single attacking play especially in the 2nd half and his first touch in this game makes Lukaku's first touch look world class. 

Alexis has been vastly improved on his form until now but since this still means he's done basically nothing I think we should take him, and one of McTominay and Perreira, off for the two youths Chong and Gomes.

I'm not even sure I'm sold on Chong, he looks awkward and clumsy despite his successes in the youth teams, but he can't be less effective, and he must be doing something right.
Gomes is just more attacking and we don't really need two deep-lying players the way the game is going right now.

Very watchable game and some quality goals from both sides. On the balance of play, I thought we deserved to edge it. Smalling was lucky not to give away a penalty in the 1st half. We were also wasteful in front of goal and fluffed several big chances and missed a penalty.

Sanchez didn't offer much and as usual he made life difficult for Pogba by dropping too deep and constantly clogging up the space that Pogba occupies. Sanchez picking up a knock was the best thing that could have happened to us because Dalot came on for him and made a big difference. All of a sudden we had width down the right and were able to stretch Southampton's defence. 

I didn't watch the Utd game, but I just saw Pogba missed a penalty, which is scarce. Lukaku scored twice, which is scarcer, and Pereira scored, which is something above Lloris saving a penalty in terms of scarcety, I assume.

So, in the end that's a funny PL day. Still seems weird how Spurs's dive of form happens at the same time Kane is back from injury. Race for top4 is going to be a four-horses race, and I actually wonder how Spurs will do at Dortmund in midweek.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Never a red that. Sure his studs were up but that happens when you're kicking a football.

Sorry, that was just an awful tackling. He really can't complain about a red card for that one.

In other unrelated news. Alex Meier :wub:

14 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

I didn't watch the Utd game, but I just saw Pogba missed a penalty, which is scarce. Lukaku scored twice, which is scarcer, and Pereira scored, which is something above Lloris saving a penalty in terms of scarcety, I assume.

A little unfair comment on Lukaku don't you think? He isn't as proficient technically as the top strikers and that may be clouding your judgement. He's still a great goal scorer though - 113 premier league goals (placing him 19th on the all time list) and Belgium's all time top goal scorer at the age of 25 is pretty damn impressive. 

Lukaku's a little frustrating to watch sometimes, but he's scored at least 15 goals in all but one of his full Premier League seasons, and he looks quite likely to do it again despite having relatively limited time. There's this myth that's sprung up that he's totally useless because he is a bit limited and has a wonky first touch.

Also Pogba missing penalties isn't rare either. Out of a career twelve taken he's missed four. I'm not knocking him for taking it tonight over Lukaku because he's the designated taker and unless the game is clearly won the designated taker should take it in those situations, but he shouldn't be the designated taker.

39 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Sorry, that was just an awful tackling. He really can't complain about a red card for that one.

It wasn't a good tackle but he's coming in swiping sideways across the ball (ie, he's kicking the ball) and Rose chucked himself into the path of his studs. It was a foul, and maybe a yellow, but it definitely shouldn't have been a red. If anything Roses's challenge was more of the typical 'studs up' than Torreira's was.
And that's not even talking about Rose putting his foot through Leno's chest earlier on.

I didn'T see the game in full, just the highlights. But that was a red card plain and simple. He really put Rose's health at risk, which makes that challenge so awful. I started the post by saying I did not see the game in full, so maybe Rose's challenges were equally bad or even worse (they didn't show those), but that has nothing to do with Torreira's challenge being a red. If the ref had let Torreira off with a yellow, he really could have counted his blessings. Sometimes refs are bit more lenient and go with a yellow there, but the tackling is easily within the range of red cards.

Real v. Barca has been a good game. Barca created the better chances and lead 1-0 at the break - a lovely finish by Rakitic. Messi had a good chance and being Messi one would have expected him to tuck that away. Suarez had a couple of good chances as well. Real's best moments came down their left with Reguilon and Vinicius.

Oh, and Ramos elbowed Messi in the face and of course he got away with it. Dirty cunt.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

He really put Rose's health at risk, which makes that challenge so awful.

My point is that Rose put Rose's health at risk. And you saw one of Rose's tackles because he made it simultaneously with Torreira. Out of the two, he's the one coming straight-legged with his foot up. Torreira just came across, a little mistimed, and caught him. It happens.

47 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Reports that Sanchez's injury might be more serious than previously thought. Concerns that he may have suffered knee ligament damage. 

I feel bad for him but...

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Oh, and Ramos elbowed Messi in the face and of course he got away with it. Dirty cunt.

Without doubt the worst person in the history of football.  He's like a cross between Vinnie Jones and Ronaldo. A slimy, greasy thug cunt.  

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Without doubt the worst person in the history of football.  He's like a cross between Vinnie Jones and Ronaldo. A slimy, greasy thug cunt.  

I swear he commits a red-card worthy challenge at least once in every single game.

I also remember one time a few years ago when Barca humiliated Madrid in one of the classicos and he just openly went out to try and cripple Messi.

12 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I swear he commits a red-card worthy challenge at least once in every single game.

He's lucky that he plays for Real Madrid who tend to receive favourable refereeing decisions much of the time. Had he spent his career at Sevilla, I'd wager he'd have received twice as many red cards at least.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

My point is that Rose put Rose's health at risk. And you saw one of Rose's tackles because he made it simultaneously with Torreira. Out of the two, he's the one coming straight-legged with his foot up. Torreira just came across, a little mistimed, and caught him. It happens.

Let's just agree to disagree on the redworthiness of the challenge.

26 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Let's just agree to disagree on the redworthiness of the challenge.

Innit.

Maybe we can both agree on the hilarity of Bertrand trying a flying waist-high challenge on Lukaku in our game and just bouncing off. Sadly all twitter vids have been taken down at the mo.

3 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

You were the better team in the game at Anfield, so you never know!

Stop with that salt-rubbing!

Let me wallow in misery in peace. 

(That sentence looks really odd, btw.)

Archived