Football: Bayern Seek the CHOsen One

Philokles

18 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Maybe we can both agree on the hilarity of Bertrand trying a flying waist-high challenge on Lukaku in our game and just bouncing off. Sadly all twitter vids have been taken down at the mo.

Was fucking hilarious. Lukaku Is a brick wall.

quiet from Gini. Naby for him would be the move I hope to see. Salah has to bury that chance 

5 minutes ago, Philokles said:

Anyone who watches Everyon more than I do, is there a reason Silva keeps picking Walcott, and to a lesser extent Bernard, over Richarlison and Lookman? 

First time over Richarlison. 

But he's been out of form the last month. Over Lookman .. routine, stability, I guess. Low level, but still..

I totally disagree with him, btw.

2 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

First time over Richarlison. 

But he's been out of form the last month. Over Lookman .. routine, stability, I guess. Low level, but still..

I totally disagree with him, btw.

Don’t think he started the City game either, if I recall correctly.

No maater his form, I would have him over Walcott and his 29% pass completion.

23 hours ago, Consigliere said:

A little unfair comment on Lukaku don't you think? He isn't as proficient technically as the top strikers and that may be clouding your judgement. He's still a great goal scorer though - 113 premier league goals (placing him 19th on the all time list) and Belgium's all time top goal scorer at the age of 25 is pretty damn impressive. 

Well, I wasn't actually complaining about him, I highly like him as a player and as a person. I was just pointing out how him and Andreas had a noticeable peak amidst an average /bad season. Pity it will probably not last: Andreas has been all but regular in his recent years at loan, and Lukaku has had long goal-less droughts.

For sure, fingers will be crossed for them to do well until we recover some players from injuries, anyway.

Van dijk is a boss and robertson is pretty good apart from that it was a pretty poor performance. Midfield had no creativity and the forwards were all shit and mane and salah still wont pass to each other what a waste of time waking ap at 3am for that rubbish

Okay. Better than expected.

We struggled in the first half, but we actually managed to lift our game in the second. Salah having an off day helped us, but all in all it was the defense for both teams who shone - none of the attackers managed much of note.

Now, seeing as the Origi goal spurred a terrible run, let's hope this means we'll kick off a good run.

Just now, lmanion said:

Van dijk is a boss and robertson is pretty good apart from that it was a pretty poor performance. Midfield had no creativity and the forwards were all shit and mane and salah still wont pass to each other what a waste of time waking ap at 3am for that rubbish

Actually think Robertson was your weakest link. We had three or four crosses from his byline after we played in behind him. He didn't contribute in attack either, so all in all I think it was the worst game I've seen from him. 

Poor from Liverpool.  That’s five draws in our last seven games, and we’re away to Bayern next.  That’s just not title-winning form.

But that snooze-fest was Everton’s big moment this season.  They can claim they stopped us from winning the PL.

5 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Poor from Liverpool.  That’s five draws in our last seven games, and we’re away to Bayern next.  That’s just not title-winning form.

But that snooze-fest was Everton’s big moment this season.  They can claim they stopped us from winning the PL.

I hear that last line a lot. 

From Liverpool fans.

Get over yourselves.

The form has been rubbish since we lost to city and the lead was cut from 7 to 4 points. The way city are playing right now it will take a big momentum swing for Liverpool to get over the top of them 

2 hours ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Pity it will probably not last: Andreas has been all but regular in his recent years at loan, and Lukaku has had long goal-less droughts.

Even Rooney in his prime was a streaky player in terms of goal scoring. Despite his technical limitations, Lukaku is a reliable scorer and always manages a respectable number of goals. As for Pereira, the 2nd half was the only good performance he has put in for us. He'll probably be off at the end of the season anyway - his contract is up and the option on his contract can only be triggered by mutual consent. Unlikely he agrees to extend because he isn't good enough for us to give him the game time he wants. 

Archived