Do you think Victarion Greyjoy is a psycopath?

Alexander Leonard

13 minutes ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

Its difficult to say. Most people in ASOIAF are fucked up in some way, the Iron Islanders more than most. I definitely think Euron is a psychopath though. 

Yeah, Euron is on an entirely different level. The over-the-top villany of Euron and Ramsay is one of my few issues with the series. It seems like GRRM felt the need to one up Joffrey.

8 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Yeah, Euron is on an entirely different level. The over-the-top villany of Euron and Ramsay is one of my few issues with the series. It seems like GRRM felt the need to one up Joffrey.

I'm not that bothered about it. Book Euron is actually in my top 5 favourite character list. 

No, he’s just super Ironborn. 

45 minutes ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

I'm not that bothered about it. Book Euron is actually in my top 5 favourite character list. 

I love the character too. One aspect of Euron that I think doesn’t get enough attention is the fact that he’s tripping balls all the time. I’ve always wondered how psychedelic drugs would affect an already “evil” mind. All of his grandiose ideas are easier to understand in this light. 

20 minutes ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

I love the character too. One aspect of Euron that I think doesn’t get enough attention is the fact that he’s tripping balls all the time. I’ve always wondered how psychedelic drugs would affect an already “evil” mind. All of his grandiose ideas are easier to understand in this light. 

Yeah, for me its a mixture of how little fucks he gives, and the fact he's such a troll. 

22 minutes ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

No, he’s just super Ironborn. 

See: Charles Manson.

Nah, Vic isn't written to be frightening, bewildering perhaps, but not scary.   He's just a big old brute, as noted above.   He's got a lot of less than desirable qualities, but he's also got some very desirable in world qualities, too.    Women are not important to the Iron Born.  Dusky Gal is a bed slave.    She's nothing to Victarion.   It makes him a run of the mill very common jerk, not a nut.   

8 hours ago, Sigella said:

No. He connects her with Euron so the way he treats her is the way he'd want to treat Euron.

Psychopaths doesn't cry whilst honour-killing their wives.

This sounds about right.  He comes from a culture of violence.  It doesn't mean he's innocent.  It also doesn't mean he doesn't deserve death.  It does mean he doesn't get to use the insanity plea for his actions.

8 hours ago, Alexander Leonard said:

I think so given the way he treated the dusky woman.

Lol the dusky woman. How about killing his wife because his brother fucked her, or wearing full plate armor on a ship because he didn't fear drowning, simply the number of people he killed. 

Archived