New Forum Census (AKA Where Are You From?)

A True Kaniggit

20 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Now I don't want to play the victim here or anything, but from what I know what you had wasn't as horrid (still pretty horrid, I mean we're talking bout communsim) as what we had. A lot of people from Romania escaped by swimming over the Danube into Yugoslavia, and then going through Trieste into Italy.But also to be fair we didn't have the massive shitstorm that was the Yugoslav wars, that probably make all suffering under communism pale. I don't really remember, was Macedonia involved. I know one republic left Yugoslavia without bloodshed, but can't remember if it's Slovenia or Macedonia.

You are right, only Macedonia avoided being a participant in the war. However, about 50 people from here died in the wars because they were still stuck in the Yugoslav army. 

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the transition every country went (or some still go) through, not about life under communism itself. People, indeed say that Yugoslavia was the best communist state to live in. I can't be a judge of that, since I am born exactly in 1990. 

The same, here except it's even stupider. You at least try and connect to the most glorious and prestigious part of your history, despite being as latin as the Italians (somehow, honestly nobody really knows why), and having a really easy connection with Rome we consider ourselves ,,dacians" a people we know almost nothing about, and which basically only populated Romania. Even our bloody name comes from Rome.

It's puzzling isn't it. I wonder how really that happened with Romania. Never really did some research though.

I think it's a little bit hypocritical.  Speaking from our case joining the EU, and the combination of receiving their money and being under their legislation and oversight is probably what prevented us from going completely downhill, and is the reason why we still have a somewhat functional country (it has tons of problems, but it is slowly reforming and the country is doing progress). So I find this odd, seeing as joining the EU is probably the best way of getting rid of said internal problems.

That is exactly why many opposed him. We know that the real improvements come during the very process of entering in. Croatia and Bulgaria also are good examples. But it is what it is.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm still in Wisconsin, I didn't see anyone included in the talley from Wisconsin so not sure if I was counted?

(phone was a monster that day, it kept garbling my response)

For some reason I put you down as USA only.

Just added the Wisconsin part.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2020 at 1:17 PM, Buckwheat said:

Slovenia went relatively without bloodshed, if you compare it to the shit that went down in Serbia and Bosnia. There was something called the 10-day-war, and a few victims. But I don't know about Macedonia.

Don’t you mean Croatia and Bosnia? (In terms of location, that is. The Serbs were definitely involved in the wars themselves.)

On 2/22/2020 at 12:06 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Romania, the second worst country in all of the EU, and probably the most corrupt. Then again the country itself is very beautiful. If you want more specifics I'm from Bucharest, which is at the same time one of the ugliest and most beautiful cities in the word. Also for anybody else from Romania, Muie PSD!!!!!!

Salut, @Alyn Oakenfist, nu sunt Român, dar locuiesc în Cluj de acum 7 ani! Originally from Switzerland, lived in Canada for 20 years. Fell in love with the beauty of Romania, and after visiting several times decided to move for good. Now I’m actually a tour guide for people visiting from German-speaking countries (outside of, y’know, that certain pandemic that is unfortunately keeping tourists away at the moment).

And yes, definitely “muie PSD”!

12 minutes ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Salut, @Alyn Oakenfist, nu sunt Român, dar locuiesc în Cluj de acum 7 ani! Originally from Switzerland, lived in Canada for 20 years. Fell in love with the beauty of Romania, and after visiting several times decided to move for good. Now I’m actually a tour guide for people visiting from German-speaking countries (outside of, y’know, that certain pandemic that is unfortunately keeping tourists away at the moment).

And yes, definitely “muie PSD”!

E bine sa vezi ca mai si vin vorbitori de limba germana aici, nu doar pleaca.

Iar la punctul 2, la cum o duceti cu Boc acolo si ce face omul... clar muie PSD!

23 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

E bine sa vezi ca mai si vin vorbitori de limba germana aici, nu doar pleaca.

Iar la punctul 2, la cum o duceti cu Boc acolo si ce face omul... clar muie PSD!

Acum aveti Nicusor Dan ca primar in Bucuresti, ci si Clotilde Armand in sectorul 1. Sa speram ca vor reusi sa schimbe cultura politica acolo! :cheers:

Edited by Ser Reptitious

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

And the population of Illinois has doubled!

That makes 95 people total. Just need five more to make it to the triple digits.

(And yeah, I know. The percentages are currently slightly off. I'll fix them tomorrow after work.)

Just asking,

Do you update the census percentage on the OP or as a new post in this thread? 

16 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Just asking,

Do you update the census percentage on the OP or as a new post in this thread? 

I continuously update the OP as people say they want to be included.

(If someone lets slip in a different thread where they are at, I don't add them. And I don't use the "Location" under the avatars. I only include people who post in the thread, or PM me to add them)

Edited by A True Kaniggit

• 2 weeks later...