Poll: Is Daario actually Euron?

Platypus Rex

23 hours ago, MushroomIsNoFool said:

Helloooo! Daario has two perfect eyes!

Hello yourself.  And thank you for your vote.

I'm pretty sure most readers, including detractors of this theory, also believe that Euron also has two perfectly-functional eyes.   Blind, nonfunctional eyes, are not normally described as "shining with malice".  The objection I've seen in the past is that Euron has one black eye and one blue eye, whereas Daario has two blue eyes.  But, this too is probably misdirection.  The reason why Euron's "black eye" or "crow's eye" appears black is (probably) because the (black) pupil is dilated to a maximum extent.  This is of course an effect of wearing the patch, and is presumably the reason Euron wears the patch.  But if he takes off the patch and walks around in daylight for long enough for both eyes to adjust, then both his eyes will presumably appear the same color (blue).

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Daario is not Euron.

and while we’re at it...

Howland Reed is not the High Sparrow

Mance is not Rhaegar

Old Nan is not the 3EC

Good answer!  :D

Although...  I'm gonna have to think about that last one.

Not!

On 2/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, Platypus Rex said:

Are Daario Naharis (Dany's lover in Slaver's Bay) and Euron Greyjoy (now king of the Iron Islands) one and the same person?

Dario is Benjen who is Mance who is gerold who is irri who is tyrion who is marq who is dany who is tywin who is mace who is drogo who is tyrion again who is cat who is the shavepate who is Jaime who is brienne who is Tyrion again who is aerys who is Euron
Goit it now? 

On 2/2/2019 at 10:34 AM, Gertrude said:

Of course not.

Does anyone actually believe this theory? I assumed it was one of those that popped up because we have nothing new to discuss and it was fun to see how far someone could stretch things. It's along the same vein as Varys is a merman - fun, but not serious.

I remember having a discussion several years ago and a proponent of this theory said something to the effect of "Look, I have hte maps and I did the math and it is totally possible that euron is sailing between the iron islands and slaver's bay. besides, he made a deal with the storm god to give him favorable winds" 
 the fan fic got really out of control around year 5 with no winds  

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Daario is not Euron.

and while we’re at it...

Howland Reed is not the High Sparrow

Mance is not Rhaegar

Old Nan is not the 3EC

Thank you for your vote.

Sorry, but I only poll one unpopular theory at a time.

But thank you for the suggestions for my next poll.

Are there any unpopular theories you do support?

11 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Dario is Benjen who is Mance who is gerold who is irri who is tyrion who is marq who is dany who is tywin who is mace who is drogo who is tyrion again who is cat who is the shavepate who is Jaime who is brienne who is Tyrion again who is aerys who is Euron
Goit it now? 

Should I count this as a "yes"?

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, Morte said:

It is simply one of the most ridiculous "theories" I ever heard or read, so I had to say "no" in as many languages as I could (and "non" is counted for two - French and Latin!)

Is there any particular penance you will commit to if the theory is proven to be correct?

3 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I remember having a discussion several years ago and a proponent of this theory said something to the effect of "Look, I have hte maps and I did the math and it is totally possible that euron is sailing between the iron islands and slaver's bay. besides, he made a deal with the storm god to give him favorable winds" 

With consistently-favorable winds, sail power really is an amazingly fast form of travel.  The glitch his that consistently-favorable winds are not a realistic expectation.  And we've already seen fast sail travel via human sacrifice, when Melisandre got Stannis' fleet to the Wall in record time.  And it is at least hinted that Euron may also have this power.

I'm not saying anyone's calculations are necessarily correct.  But if they did the calculations, and you did not, then who is more likely to be right?

13 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

I'm not saying anyone's calculations are necessarily correct.  But if they did the calculations, and you did not, then who is more likely to be right?

I’ll go with @Dorian Martell's son is more likely to be right. It seems he did listen when Martin told us to put down the rulers and stopwatches and enjoy the story. 

Dang it! I was just :ph34r:'d by @kissdbyfire, but here is the quote anyway :)

GRRM: The reason I am never specific about dates and distances is precisely so that people won't sit down and do this sort of thing.

My suggestion would be to put away the ruler and the stopwatch, and just enjoy the story. https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Chronology_and_Distances

As far as a count for me, no, they are not the same person.

Allow me to bang your soul mildly with the unveiling of a new version of this theory that I don't even believe or espouse myself, yet the mere concept of it is so scrumptious that it deserves a mention just so it has a chance to boink your brain:

Namely, what if Euron's weird eye is a long distance viewer , a spell that reawakened along with the glass candles and allows him to look out through the eyes of Daario and basically live two lives WITHOUT having to travel or disguise himself.  Daario is a separate body.  But not an entirely separate mind, having come under the influence of Euron, who gets the heads up whenever something interesting is afoot in the East and can close his normal eye to refocus his vision half a world away, taking the driver's seat and assuming more direct control over Daario's behavior, which would explain any similarities you notice between them.  We all expect Euron to have some kind of trump card he's waiting to slap Victarion with , and this would be a good one, already being on site, already owning a major share of the Khalisi heart his witless brother now hopes to win for himself, etc.

Well?  Are you not stimulated?

45 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

Is there any particular penance you will commit to if the theory is proven to be correct? 

But of course!

I will instantly move the entire series form it's now-home into the junk-shelve.

After that I will commit myself to not touch another belletristic novel again, until I have read the "Astronomica Nova", "Die Phänomenologie des Geistes" and the whole MEGA, because I was so silly to think there could be a fantasy-novel worth reading.

After that I will start anew with belletristic. With Proust.

Satisfied?

Archived