Poll: Is Daario actually Euron?

Platypus Rex

8 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Allow me to bang your soul mildly with the unveiling of a new version of this theory that I don't even believe or espouse myself, yet the mere concept of it is so scrumptious that it deserves a mention just so it has a chance to boink your brain:

Namely, what if Euron's weird eye is a long distance viewer , a spell that reawakened along with the glass candles and allows him to look out through the eyes of Daario and basically live two lives WITHOUT having to travel or disguise himself.  Daario is a separate body.  But not an entirely separate mind, having come under the influence of Euron, who gets the heads up whenever something interesting is afoot in the East and can close his normal eye to refocus his vision half a world away, taking the driver's seat and assuming more direct control over Daario's behavior, which would explain any similarities you notice between them.  We all expect Euron to have some kind of trump card he's waiting to slap Victarion with , and this would be a good one, already being on site, already owning a major share of the Khalisi heart his witless brother now hopes to win for himself, etc.

Well?  Are you not stimulated?

If you substitute magic eye for euron having met daario in the past and he skinchanged into him (like bran does to hodor) and with time a connection was created between them like the connection between a warg and his dire wolf. So that now he can change into daario from westeros it is more believable! 

And it is also the only way I can see euron on the IT. he will skinchange into faegon as he dies lol... 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll go with @Dorian Martell's son is more likely to be right. It seems he did listen when Martin told us to put down the rulers and stopwatches and enjoy the story. 

If we must put away the ruler and stopwatch, then Euron could be Daario.  We should not even need to justify this position by pulling out the ruler and stopwatch.

Seems to me the detractors want to have their cake and eat it too.

2 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

If we must put away the ruler and stopwatch, then Euron could be Daario.  We should not even need to justify this position by pulling out the ruler and stopwatch.

I can’t speak for all the detractors, of course. That said, my reason for thinking Daario isn’t Euron has absolutely nothing to do w/ he timeline but rather w/ the fact that there is zero evidence/text support for it whatsoever. 

37 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

More like in-world logic still exists, but those dogmatic ideas without any text evidence do not.

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can’t speak for all the detractors, of course. That said, my reason for thinking Daario isn’t Euron has absolutely nothing to do w/ he timeline but rather w/ the fact that there is zero evidence/text support for it whatsoever. 

Do you support "Sandor = Gravedigger"?  Because (if we ignore the time + distance objection, surely a stronger case can be made for "Daario=Euron", than for "Sandor= Gravedigger".

Let us list a few of the points you call "zero evidence":  (1)  GRRM has said there is more to Daario than meets the eye; and no-one has proposed any other theory than this; (2) Daario's flashy get-up reeks of disguise -- Barristan even comments on this; (3) Euron is an infamous pirate, who would need the protection of a disguise when ashore; (4) Daario has blue eyes, whereas least one of Euron's eyes (and probably the other as well) is also blue; (5) Daario and Euron are both constantly going missing from any direct knowledge in the arenas in which they supposedly operate, for reasons that serve no apparent plot purpose (yet); (5) Daario has a sharp beak-like nose, and we can guess from the example of Asha and her paternal uncle Aeron, that this kind of nose is a Greyjoy family trait; (6) Daario and Euron are both comely; (7) Daario and Euron both have pale smooth skin; (8) Daario and Euron both have beards; (8) Daario and Euron both like cutting out tongues; (9) Daario and Euron are both ruthless bloodthirsty monsters who boast of slaying countless men, and bedding countless women.

I could probably come up with more, but those are the easy bullet points.

But of course, "zero evidence" never means "zero evidence".  "zero evidence" always means "zero absolute proof".  And you are right.  There is no absolute proof.  it is just a theory.  The absolute proof must await future volumes.  

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

More like in-world logic still exists, but those dogmatic ideas without any text evidence do not.

What in-world logic are you talking about?  Does it involve time and distance?

Insulting proponents of the theory by calling them "dogmatic" is just name calling.   I see no evidence that proponents of the theory are "dogmatic".

4 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

You must be kidding.

Not at all.  I believe Sandor = Gravedigger.  But there is no proof.  Just subtle clues, of the same sort we see for the Daario = Euron theory.

What did you think I was kidding about, and why did you think I was kidding?

Please.  Remember that attitude =/= argument.  You folks are giving me a lot of attitude.  But your arguments leave much to be desired.

1 minute ago, Platypus Rex said:

Not at all.  I believe Sandor = Gravedigger.  But there is no proof.  Just subtle clues, of the same sort we see for the Daario = Euron theory.

What did you think I was kidding about, and why did you think I was kidding?

Please.  Remember that attitude =/= argument.  You folks are giving me a lot of attitude.  But your arguments leave much to be desired.

Okay. You were serious. I wasn't sure. I thought you were kidding because the idea that Daario = Euron is extremely flimsy compared to Gravedigger = the Hound.

I'm not going to get into the details with you. You obviously have access to the forum so you can read up on all that has been written on both ideas.

I'm sorry you took my clarification as "attitude".

Have a good day.

12 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Okay. You were serious. I wasn't sure. I thought you were kidding because the idea that Daario = Euron is extremely flimsy compared to Gravedigger = the Hound.

No, I never took that position.  I took that position that IF YOU IGNORE TIME/DISTANCE OBJECTIONS, then Daario/Euron is stronger than Hound/Gravedigger.

Even with that caveat, I never suggested that Hound/Gravedigger was flimsy.  I merely said that Daario/Euron is stronger (but only IF you unfairly ignore the main objection against it, which I don't think should be done).

The thing is, I never took the position that time distance objections should be ignored.  That's the ridiculous "have our cake and eat it too" position of certain Daario/Euron opponents, who raise time distance objections, and then, when proponents of the theory try to address those objections, start shouting "GRRM said put away the ruler and stopwatch".  LOL!  They don't want to have this argument, because they know they are ultimately going to lose it.

38 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

What in-world logic are you talking about?  Does it involve time and distance?

Of course. And GRRM goes to lengths to even arrange and re-arrange the flow of chapters to make sure that the time and distance isn't skewed. And when he is in a corner with the timeline issue, he does things like print a "caveat on chronology".

What does Daario = Euron add to the overall story? Nothing. GRRM doesn't need page filler to create a story.

I stopped by to give the GRRM quote and my vote to the count. This topic (and every Euron = someone topic) has been done to death with zero payout or plot relevance. Some people are bored between books and want to create a theory just to be "original", or whatever. So, my vote is still no :)

Insulting proponents of the theory by calling them "dogmatic" is just name calling.

No it isn't.

I see no evidence that proponents of the theory are "dogmatic".

see below...

2 minutes ago, Platypus Rex said:

No, I never took that position.  I took that position that IF YOU IGNORE TIME/DISTANCE OBJECTIONS, then Daario/Euron is stronger than Hound/Gravedigger.

Even with that caveat, I never suggested that Hound/Gravedigger was flimsy.  I merely said that Daario/Euron is stronger (IF you unfairly ignore the main objection against it).

The thing is, I never took the position that time distance objections should be ignored.  That's the ridiculous "have our cake and eat it too" position of Daario/Euron opponents, who raise time distance objections, and then, when proponents of the theory try to address those objection, start shouting "GRRM said put away the ruler and stopwatch".  LOL!  They don't want to have this argument, because they know they are ultimately going to lose it.

10 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

Should I count this as a "yes"?

lol 

9 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

:laugh:

Absolutely! @Dorian Martell's son is a firm believer of Dario = Euron. He also believes Jon is the son of Aerys and Catelyn, because... why not? 

It is known.

lol

7 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

I'll count him as a "No", and if he has any objections he can say so.

;)

6 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

With consistently-favorable winds, sail power really is an amazingly fast form of travel.  The glitch his that consistently-favorable winds are not a realistic expectation.  And we've already seen fast sail travel via human sacrifice, when Melisandre got Stannis' fleet to the Wall in record time.  And it is at least hinted that Euron may also have this power.

I'm not saying anyone's calculations are necessarily correct.  But if they did the calculations, and you did not, then who is more likely to be right?

I am right of course. I don't do fan fic. dario=euron is pure fan fic 

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll go with @Dorian Martell's son is more likely to be right. It seems he did listen when Martin told us to put down the rulers and stopwatches and enjoy the story. 

exactly. This is a work of fiction, not historical study. People who do not exist in a world that does not exist. why is that so hard for people to understand?

1 hour ago, Platypus Rex said:

Sounds like you've got all your bases covered.  You cannot possibly be wrong.  But GRRM might be.

Look, I like your advocatus-diaboli-approch, trying to get/to keep a discussion going. And with some theories it works well because there at least are different points to discuss.

But in this case the "theory" not only doesn't add anything to the novel and has no hints pointing toward it, but also it would hurt the in-world logic, and badly. It would be a really bad deus ex machina, as it wouldn't even solve anything.

So I stay with no.

Archived