Poll: Is Daario actually Euron?

Platypus Rex

6 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

If you want to believe something you will but if you're a Euron = Daario believer or a 9/11 truther you're just inhabiting a different reality to most people and there's no meaningful discussion to be had. 

Yes, but how could Tower 6 have fallen if not for controlled demolition(Read: joke)?

8 hours ago, the trees have eyes said:

What's the point of the OP reigniting a sterile and tedious debate over an implausible (read joke) theory and then arguing with every single respondent?  Only one person in this entire thread finds any merit in the proposition and they are flogging a dead horse.

If you want to believe something you will but if you're a Euron = Daario believer or a 9/11 truther you're just inhabiting a different reality to most people and there's no meaningful discussion to be had. 

The simple question that needs to be answered to people's satisfaction before they even consider the question seriously is: why should we for a moment entertain the notion that Euron and Daario are not two separate individuals?  Your list of superficial similarities is underwhelming.

I recorded you as a "No".  Thank you for your vote.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:00 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

No. Magic Euron has nothing in common with petty mercenary Daarion. Unlikely, if not impossible. No purpose. Dumb idea. I really would not find it smart of GRRM if it was true. I'm OK with things like Lemore=Ashara, or Quaithe=Shiera Seastar. But not this one.

Thank you for the suggestions for my next "unpopular theory" poll.

But I'm not sure if "Lemore = Ashara" is unpopular enough.  I might have to go with a specific variant of it. 

Personally, I'm a believer in "Lemore = Mellario"

"Quaithe=Sierra" is maybe a little too obscure, even if correct.  Does anything turn on whether Quaithe is Sierra Seastar, as opposed to being any other ancient random ancient sorcerer?

1 hour ago, Platypus Rex said:

Thank you for the suggestions for my next "unpopular theory" poll.

But I'm not sure if "Lemore = Ashara" is unpopular enough.  I might have to go with a specific variant of it. 

Personally, I'm a believer in "Lemore = Mellario"

"Quaithe=Sierra" is maybe a little too obscure, even if correct.  Does anything turn on whether Quaithe is Sierra Seastar, as opposed to being any other ancient random ancient sorcerer?

I don't believe Ashara is still alive. I don't think either her return as Lemore would tick something somewhere. Even as a Dayne. But the theory is worthy of consideration. Mellario is also interesting. But I see still less why Doran's former wife would team with Illrio. Or with anyone other than her children.

Sierra is BR bastard sister. Having them both in the game, on the same side or in opposite would be interesting. The return of 2 of the great bastards. MIA like BR, until his return.

Another suggestion of poll or theory: What Jaqen H'ghar was doing in a black cell? Was he stupid enough to get caught by the Gold Cloaks?

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Mellario is also interesting. But I see still less why Doran's former wife would team with Illrio. Or with anyone other than her children.

Because Young Griff IS her child (the one we know as Quentyn is a changeling sent to the Yronwoods).  And if you are committed to the Blackfyre idea, Mellario could be a Blackfyre (Norvosi customs are useful for hiding Valyrian traits).  And if you want Serra and/or Illyrio to be Blackfyres too, they could be Mellario's mom and or dad, and grandparents of Young Griff.  And if you want to have even more fun with unpopular theories, Varys could be a woman and a Blackfyre (Serra, or whoever) and Mellario's mom.

17 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Now don't get me wrong, while I would be open to E=D being legit, I guess I've just never read a compelling enough list of arguments in favour of the idea. As I said earlier, my own theories on Euron don't currently align with the proposal, but that could certainly change if I were to see a body of evidence which "set my spider sense to tingling".

Would it give you any pause, or any tingle, to consider that Bloodbeard, the sellsword captain who is supposedly holding Daario hostage, bears a suspicious resemblance to the Red Oarsman, who is one of Euron's captains?  Both have fiery red hair, in braids.

5 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

Because Young Griff IS her child (the one we know as Quentyn is a changeling sent to the Yronwoods).  And if you are committed to the Blackfyre idea, Mellario could be a Blackfyre (Norvosi customs are useful for hiding Valyrian traits).  And if you want Serra and/or Illyrio to be Blackfyres too, they could be Mellario's mom and or dad, and grandparents of Young Griff.  And if you want to have even more fun with unpopular theories, Varys could be a woman and a Blackfyre (Serra, or whoever) and Mellario's mom.

I'm fully in the Blackfyre wagon. But no, YG is Illyrio and Serra's. Serra is dead. She and Varys are Blackfyres. Children sold to slavery after Maelys' defeat. A vengeance by his former associates. Varys possibly became an unsullied. Bought by Illyrio. And did a lot of awful things for him, least of them, pulping Aegon's head after Gregor threw him against a wall. Illyrio himself, possibly a Brightfyre.

Another theory I'm very found of (and not much popular): Cersei, Joffrey and Jaime are much more matching the Targaryen's traits than Tyrion. Who is totally his father's son. Cersei and Jaime are Aerys' bastards, not Tyrion.

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I'm fully in the Blackfyre wagon. But no, YG is Illyrio and Serra's. Serra is dead. She and Varys are Blackfyres. Children sold to slavery after Maelys' defeat. 

And who, then, in your version of the theory, is Septa Lemore?  Not Ashara.  Not Mellario.

3 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

And who, then, in your version of the theory, is Septa Lemore?  Not Ashara.  Not Mellario.

Idk. I'm not sure she has to be someone we know. I believe she knows who YG really is. Maybe a Brightfyre relative to Illyrio.  Maybe a relative of Serala of Myr, the Lace Serpent. No one is striking me.

20 hours ago, Platypus Rex said:

Does anything turn on whether Quaithe is Sierra Seastar, as opposed to being any other ancient random ancient sorcerer?

People just like to mention Seastar.  It makes you look like you're in the know.  Illuminati.  It's a verbal power grab trick, like when people in suits say things into microphones like, "Make no mistake, ...."  (which really means Repeat My Mistake), or, "I accept full responsibility," (which really means I've Found a Rhetorical Loophole that acts as a get out of trouble for free card because society hasn't caught on yet to how that phrase is totally meaningless.   

Anyway, the main benefit of having Seastar involved, as far as I can see, is it gives us a chance to see real magic showdown fireworks on the level of "this time it's personal!"   Besides that I don't get much out of just the character name drop.

11 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Another theory I'm very found of (and not much popular): Cersei and Jaime are Aerys' bastards, not Tyrion.

We're not popular?   Actually that explains a lot.   This is one of the few "theories" i'm really expecting to bear fruit though.  It feels all kinds of right.   And that's how you nab George- - not with textual word search analytics but with an oldschool blind Arya style feeling out of the shape of what must be coming,  based on the contours of the dark hallway we're in at present.  It's simply right that the twins find out they are the enemy, and kinslayers to boot, so why not one more (chokes sis), etc.

56 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

People just like to mention Seastar.  It makes you look like you're in the know.  Illuminati. 

Well … either that or they just think she's kinda interesting.

But she's barely mentioned in the main volumes.

6 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

No, because like other posters have said it  complicates the story in obscure ways.

GRRM says that there is more to Daario than meets the eye.  So Daario complicates the story in obscure ways, regardless of whether he is or isn't Euron.

Thanks for your vote.  1 for to 39 against, so far.

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Idk. I'm not sure she has to be someone we know. I believe she knows who YG really is. Maybe a Brightfyre relative to Illyrio.  Maybe a relative of Serala of Myr, the Lace Serpent. No one is striking me.

Let me suggest an obvious starting point.  She may be YG's mother, whoever else she may be.  In any event, if your theory does not account for her at all, you may be missing something.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, Platypus Rex said:

To my mind, the last 2 theories are merely clumsy compromises, in response to the time/distance objection.  Nobody actually believes them, AFAIK.  Once you accept the compromise, you find yourself with little or no evidence; most of the reasons for exploring the theory in the first place go up in smoke.

The original basis of the theory primarily consists of the fact that Daario and Euron look and act pretty much the same, once we overlook the superficial fact that Daario is dressed up like a pimp, and Euron is dressed up like a pirate.

The time/distance objection can be addressed and has been addressed.  That's why detractors of the theory (who have lost this argument before) are reduced to arguing that defenders of the theory should not be allowed to address the objection, because GRRM suggested (in another context) to put away stop-watch and ruler.  This is their defense, now.  These brave warriors will do battle only on condition that their opponents hands are tied.

Is that why you post these polls on this forum?  To do battle?  Do you "win" when you start polls on unpopular theories and then wage war with the majority opinion holders?  Whatever floats your boat.

My vote is still a no, brave monotreme, despite the battle you have waged so far. 

22 minutes ago, White Ravens said:

Is that why you post these polls on this forum?  To do battle?  Do you "win" when you start polls on unpopular theories and then wage war with the majority opinion holders?  Whatever floats your boat.

My vote is still a no, brave monotreme, despite the battle you have waged so far. 

It's a figure of speech, oh battlesome corvid.  Like saying "They want to have their cake and eat it too." 

(White Ravens:  Is that why you post these polls on this forum?  To eat cake?}

And I was not talking about you, unless you want to go on record as supporting that particular bad argument.

I have still counted your vote, oh brave corvid.  But only once, despite the battle you have waged so far.  

Thank you again for your vote, oh noble, steadfast, corvid.

1 hour ago, Platypus Rex said:

GRRM says that there is more to Daario than meets the eye.  So Daario complicates the story in obscure ways, regardless of whether he is or isn't Euron.

Thanks for your vote.  1 for to 39 against, so far.

He could just betray her and have some kind of backstory, neither of which would be too complicated or obscure. But to have him be Euron in disguise starting from Dany's siege of Yunkai (and to be one of the storm crow captains at that time, he needed to have started even earlier) through her reign of Mereen, while leaving the Silence with its weird collection of inmates with an understudy, but not claiming a dragon when he could have done so easily and then to send his daft brother all the way back to do the same - all this is obscure and complicated.

10 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

He could just betray her and have some kind of backstory, neither of which would be too complicated or obscure. But to have him be Euron in disguise starting from Dany's siege of Yunkai (and to be one of the storm crow captains at that time, he needed to have started even earlier) through her reign of Mereen, while leaving the Silence with its weird collection of inmates with an understudy, but not claiming a dragon when he could have done so easily and then to send his daft brother all the way back to do the same - all this is obscure and complicated.

Exactly.

And loooove Vic described as “his daft brother”, it’s  hilarious and just perfect! :lol:

Archived