Just a gut fealing. Jaime Lannister + Jeyne Westerling

norwaywolf123

It is just a Gut fealing that i have, but i think that Jeyne Westerling will marry into House Lannister. I don't have strong evidence, just coincidences.

There has been some talk of "the Dance of Dragons 1.0" and the Dance of Dragons 2,0".

Jeyne Westerling's name starts with j as did Johanna Lannister born Johanna Westerling. Johanna Westerling nee Lannister was married to Jason Lannister during "he Dance of Dragons 1.0". I wonder if Jeyne Westerling will marry Jaime Lannister. Why Jaime Lannister? Because his name is most similar to Johanna Westerlings husband. Like Jason Lannister(Husband of Johanna Westerling) Jaime has illegitimate offspring(Joffrey, Myrcella & Tommen).

Jason Lannister(Husband of Johanna Westerling) also had a younger brother named Tyland. Jaime also has a younger brother who's first name starts with "T", that being Tyrion. Tyrion like Tyland has been Hand of the King and Master of Coin. Allthough Tyrion has not been master of ships yet, a title which Tyland once held.

Sybell Spicer nee Westerling also expected a marriage between House Lannister and House Westerling. Perhaps Jaime will grant them one?

I also think that Jaime's new story arc will make him take more responsibillity. Which will make him want or feel that he had to be Lord Lannister.

Overall this is a weak theory, if it even is a theory. What do you think?

19 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Agreed: Overall this is a weak theory, if it even is a theory.... :thumbsup:

Seriously, though. Look at the Lannister history. About 90% of all male Lannisters seem to have younger brothers with 'Ty-' names. The similarities between Tyland and Tyrion are few, just cherry-picking really alongside the differences - like Tyland being tall, being tortured half to death and still not holding a grudge, being blinded, etc etc etc

And I really can't see Jaime marrying anyone. If he can't marry Cersei, then who else is there? He certainly doesn't seem to find Jeyne especially atttractive, and he clearly doesn't think the Spicer/Westerlings deserve a GOOD Lannister marriage, as per his offer of Joy Hill. So neither personal nor political motivations for such a marriage.

Even if Jaime where to take up the mantle of the Lord of Casterly Rock, I doubt he would marry the King in the North's widow. I don't think the loyal Westerlanders would be happy that Jaime married a traitor over one of their own, nor do I think Jeyne would be happy marrying into the family that got her husband killed. 

5 hours ago, Vaith said:

Alas, I think Jeyne is doomed sooner than we might think. ;)

What about Rolph Spicer?

3 hours ago, Faera said:

To be frank, I think Jeyne Westerling, her mother and her two younger siblings will be killed before they make it back to the Westerlands.

What about Rolph Spicer?

8 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

Even if Jaime where to take up the mantle of the Lord of Casterly Rock, I doubt he would marry the King in the North's widow. I don't think the loyal Westerlanders would be happy that Jaime married a traitor over one of their own, nor do I think Jeyne would be happy marrying into the family that got her husband killed. 

If Rolph Spicer died and Jeyne suddenly became lady of Castamere. Would she then be an acceptable choice for Jaime?

8 hours ago, Marcelowww said:

Jaime will never take off his white cloak, he's gonna die like a member of the Kingsguard.

Why do people seem to be so sure that Jaime will stay in the kingsguard, and/or die as a kingsguard? It is what the majority think.

8 hours ago, Rufus Snow said:

Agreed: Overall this is a weak theory, if it even is a theory.... :thumbsup:

Perhaps 'flimsy' is the right word to describe it?

Seriously, though. Look at the Lannister history. About 90% of all male Lannisters seem to have younger brothers with 'Ty-' names. The similarities between Tyland and Tyrion are few, just cherry-picking really alongside the differences - like Tyland being tall, being tortured half to death and still not holding a grudge, being blinded, etc etc etc

You are right.

And I really can't see Jaime marrying anyone. If he can't marry Cersei, then who else is there? He certainly doesn't seem to find Jeyne especially atttractive, and he clearly doesn't think the Spicer/Westerlings deserve a GOOD Lannister marriage, as per his offer of Joy Hill. So neither personal nor political motivations for such a marriage.

Jaime thought that Joy Hill was to good for the Westerlings.

Why is everyone so sure that Jaime won't marry? To me it seems like GRRM intends to leave all houses intact at the end of ASOIAF, while they may suffer casualties. Because House Lannister has lost so many of it's experienced members it seems like Jaime will have to step up. Allthough he may not have to marry inorder to take responsibillity for House Lannister.

Could Jaime be pressured into marrying Jeyne Westerling, or convinced to do so?

18 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

What about Rolph Spicer?

I don't see how that's relevant. We have a hint that Jeyne may appear in the prologue, which is not the best place for a character to be. Nor is travelling in the riverlands that safe... what I'm saying is, LSH.

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

If Rolph Spicer died and Jeyne suddenly became lady of Castamere. Would she then be an acceptable choice for Jaime?

Jeyne is not Rolph Spicer's heir.  She is his neice.  If he dies, Castamere would probably become vacant - again.  And Jeyne is also behind her brother Rollam to inherit the Crag.

59 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Why do people seem to be so sure that Jaime will stay in the kingsguard, and/or die as a kingsguard? It is what the majority think.

Probably because he has been adamant about remaining in the KG and retaining his white cloak.  Tywin couldn't get him to renounce it to become heir to Casterly Rock.  I can't imagine what would induce him to do so.  Surely not the prospect of marrying Robb Stark's widow.

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

Probably because he has been adamant about remaining in the KG and retaining his white cloak.  Tywin couldn't get him to renounce it to become heir to Casterly Rock.  I can't imagine what would induce him to do so.

He won't have a choice. As soon as Aegon or Dany take KL, one of the first things they'd do is remove Jaime from his position. That is, unless Jaime won't be removed from there already. By the time of the epilogue in DwD, Jaime has already been missing for month and believed dead by some. If he stays missing a bit longer, he would just be declared as dead and his place filled by another. 

There is simply no way that Jaime can remain in KG. His days there are basically over.

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I cant imagine any reason or motive that would persuade him to leave the KG, especially now that Tywin is dead.

10 hours ago, Marcelowww said:

I cant imagine any reason or motive that would persuade him to leave the KG, especially now that Tywin is dead.

Who said he would be given a choice? He burned Cersei’s letter and refused her summons and has been missing for weeks. If he ever showed up at KL again...well someone’s is going to be pissed.

2 hours ago, Faera said:

Ah, I forgot about him. He's part of the travel party, right? He'll die, too.

I’ve been saying this elsewhere recently but if there’s was a jailbreak or jailbreak attempt on the prisoners we should have heard about it in the DwD epilogue. Jaime has been missing for weeks and the prison train set off even before he went missing. Had anyone significant died en route it’s would have come up in the SC meeting

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:02 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

It is just a Gut fealing that i have, but i think that Jeyne Westerling will marry into House Lannister. I don't have strong evidence, just coincidences.

There has been some talk of "the Dance of Dragons 1.0" and the Dance of Dragons 2,0".

Jeyne Westerling's name starts with j as did Johanna Lannister born Johanna Westerling. Johanna Westerling nee Lannister was married to Jason Lannister during "he Dance of Dragons 1.0". I wonder if Jeyne Westerling will marry Jaime Lannister. Why Jaime Lannister? Because his name is most similar to Johanna Westerlings husband. Like Jason Lannister(Husband of Johanna Westerling) Jaime has illegitimate offspring(Joffrey, Myrcella & Tommen).

Jason Lannister(Husband of Johanna Westerling) also had a younger brother named Tyland. Jaime also has a younger brother who's first name starts with "T", that being Tyrion. Tyrion like Tyland has been Hand of the King and Master of Coin. Allthough Tyrion has not been master of ships yet, a title which Tyland once held.

Sybell Spicer nee Westerling also expected a marriage between House Lannister and House Westerling. Perhaps Jaime will grant them one?

I also think that Jaime's new story arc will make him take more responsibillity. Which will make him want or feel that he had to be Lord Lannister.

I suppose it's possible. At the end of Got or even CoK, who would have thought that Tyrion would wind up marrying Sansa?

The Westerlings seem to have a knack for getting the high and mighty to fall madly in love with their generally plain-looking women. Some might say it was almost magical.

I think Jayne Westerling future is in the North. I don't think that she will continue the travel with her mom. And Jaime's future is too unsure. I don't see him married. I think Jaime's future is connected with Brienne but not in a sexual context. He needs to believe in what's good and just again and Brienne is his connection with the values he desire to save. 

16 hours ago, Marcelowww said:

Jaime is not exactly that principled to stay in the Kingsguard. Literally minutes before he refused Tywin to leave it he asked Cersei to marry him, which would imply him leaving KG. Even during his argument with Tywin he was demanding him to stop thinking about marrying Cersei off, which also implies that part of the reason for his refusal was, again, Cersei. Hell, Jaime still complained about Cersei not wanting to marry him as far as Feast.

Archived