Faegon will get grey plague from jon connigton and die

silverwolf22

alot of people have heard the theory that faegon is actually a blackfyre of the female line and that he is illyrios son with serra who had blackfyre blood  well  we know how much illyrio cares about serra and faegon  and sera had died from grey plague so it would fit for faegon to die from it as well

faegon could catch it from jon connigton which  would have a neat irony to it. and actually instead of faegon catching greyscale he catches  greyplague  and that would be what jon has instead of greyscale The grey plague, also known as the grey death, is a virulent disease that fatally turns its victims' flesh to stone.[1] The plague is a swift form of its cousin, greyscale

and serra had grey plague not greyscale so faegon wouldcatch grey plague not greyscale and 

Some years prior to A Game of Thrones, grey plague came to the city of Pentos when the Treasure, a Braavosi trading galley, landed there on her way back from the Jade Sea. The Pentoshi slew the ship's oarsmen as they came ashore and burned the ship at anchor, but the rats crept down the oars and paddled to the quay on cold stone feet. The plague killed over two thousand people in the city before it ran its course, including Serra, the wife of Magister Illyrio Mopatis.[1]

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen_(son_of_Rhaegar)/Theories

I believe Aegon is a Blackfyre, but what would him dying of greyscale achieve?

A greater thread in the novels is the hint of a second dance. I think a war between Daenerys and Aegon would be much more exciting than such an anticlimactic death. 

A favourite theory of mine is that Dany's dragonfire mixed with the wildfire under King's Landing will make the whole thing go up in flames.

If Aegon were supposed to die of greyscale he would have caught it in ADwD not Jon Connington. He could still get infected, of course, but since the sickness takes a pretty long time to kill you it would be odd if that was his way to go.

Even Jon Connington could be years away from his death of greyscale by the end of the series if it just covered another 1-2 years.

22 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If Aegon were supposed to die of greyscale he would have caught it in ADwD not Jon Connington. He could still get infected, of course, but since the sickness takes a pretty long time to kill you it would be odd if that was his way to go.

Even Jon Connington could be years away from his death of greyscale by the end of the series if it just covered another 1-2 years.

faegon could catch it from jon connigton which  would have a neat irony to it. and actually instead of faegon catching greyscale he catches  greyplague  and that would be what jon has instead of greyscale The grey plague, also known as the grey death, is a virulent disease that fatally turns its victims' flesh to stone.[1] The plague is a swift form of its cousin, greyscale

and serra had grey plague not greyscale so faegon wouldcatch grey plague not greyscale and 

Some years prior to A Game of Thrones, grey plague came to the city of Pentos when the Treasure, a Braavosi trading galley, landed there on her way back from the Jade Sea. The Pentoshi slew the ship's oarsmen as they came ashore and burned the ship at anchor, but the rats crept down the oars and paddled to the quay on cold stone feet. The plague killed over two thousand people in the city before it ran its course, including Serra, the wife of Magister Illyrio Mopatis.[1]

Oh, I know that, and it is not unlikely that there will be a grey plague pandemic hitting Westeros. But why should Aegon succumb to it? It would end that particular story and made most of the build-up material from ADwD a huge waste of time.

Aegon will likely fail, but not before Dany comes to Westeros. And then there are much more interesting ways for him to die.

Not likely. Besides Dany having to slay the Faegon lie, greyscale or plague, whatever, is just a boring death for a young in their prime dragon rider fighting a war, which Aegon will be.

The end game of the greyscale is Euron will get it and second life a dragon, making the greyscale breathing stone beast.

Everyone will die of the grey death.  And that right there is your bittersweet ending:  The disappointment of seeing your favorite characters die will be mixed with the elation of seeing your most despised character die as well. 

Jon Connington is contagious and greyscale will spread.  It will be blamed on the Golden Company ofcourse.  Shireen will spread greyscale in the north and it will be blamed on the Wildlings.  Aegon may have enough Targaryen in him to resist the disease.  He's not getting sick.  He will marry Daenerys and become her consort.

I do think it would be interesting to explore the idea of a siege in Storms End with a plague inside of it, where no one can escape the castle and no Onion knight arrives to save them.

By the time Dany arrives she may be fighting a weakened host. Her destroying them may be overkill, not even a threat.

I did get that feeling when reading Winds,

Spoiler

that something bad is going to happen at Storm's End. Arianne was insistent about going there during the middle of a war, but Daemon is warning her against it. 

I think it would be very interesting and completly unexpected if Aegon and the GC catch the grey plague and we see a kamikaze Aegon desperate to kill the lannisters before he dies or if the maesters will come forth with a cure for grey scale that leave Aegon with a face like shereen.

I just think awful things must happen to Aegon that end up making him a monster

1 hour ago, The Pink Letter said:

Jon Connington is contagious and greyscale will spread.  It will be blamed on the Golden Company ofcourse.  Shireen will spread greyscale in the north and it will be blamed on the Wildlings.  Aegon may have enough Targaryen in him to resist the disease.  He's not getting sick.  He will marry Daenerys and become her consort.

Tell that to Maegelle Targaryen. 

All hell will break loose in Westeros in tWoW.  I don't know if it's greyscale, shivers, but whatever it is (or they) it will be devastating.  The biggest killer though will be famine caused by the weather.  The weather will destroy food crops.  

11 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Oh, I know that, and it is not unlikely that there will be a grey plague pandemic hitting Westeros. But why should Aegon succumb to it? It would end that particular story and made most of the build-up material from ADwD a huge waste of time.

Aegon will likely fail, but not before Dany comes to Westeros. And then there are much more interesting ways for him to die.

+1

It has been pointed out to the death. Aegon is one of the lies that Dany has to "slay". It doesn't mean that all three lies (Stannis, Aegon, and very likely Euron) will be slain in the same way, or even physically slain.  But these are Dany's "foes" , so their ends are tied to her arrival.

7 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

It has been pointed out to the death. Aegon is one of the lies that Dany has to "slay". It doesn't mean that all three lies (Stannis, Aegon, and very likely Euron) will be slain in the same way, or even physically slain.  But these are Dany's "foes" , so their ends are tied to her arrival.

Not really. She just proves that she's a real Targaryen heir by riding dragons, while he has no proof. Just like she proves that she's Azor Ahai while Stannis isn't.

Dany could be personally lied to, however.

And who could forget the biggest lie in the story...Ned's.

8 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Not really. She just proves that she's a real Targaryen heir by riding dragons, while he has no proof. Just like she proves that she's Azor Ahai while Stannis isn't.

Dany could be personally lied to, however.

And who could forget the biggest lie in the story...Ned's.

Weeeeel, we don’t yet know [fully] how the whole dragon riding thing works... Also, curious to learn how it’s been proven that Dany is AA? Mind you, I have nothing against the idea other than I kind of like Dany, and think AA was an arsehole so I’d rather she wasn’t  AAR. Still, I’m curious as to why you think it’s been proven.

These series of essays convinced me that Dany is Azor Ahai. The most convincing piece of evidence is that she fulfills all the criteria before the prophecy is introduced to the reader. She literally acts to light the fire based on the comet, taken as a sign, setting off all of the criteria, without being aware of who Azor Ahai is. This is the classic Chosen One trope; they are supposed to do magical things without knowing about the Chosen One. And did I mention she fulfills all the criteria and that Stannis a false AA? Now for me the debate comes down to whether AA is a good or a bad figure. 

I think Aegon is going to die during the war for the dawn. I know everyone is all about the second Dance, but it really doesn't have to be like the first or even Dany vs Aegon, especially if the horn Victarion has in his possession is the real deal.

One thing that annoys me with Jon Conn's greyscale is that he also went into the water to fish Tyrion out. Did no one tell him to bathe in vinegar or did he just say no to it? I get that Tyrion drank half the Sorrows and almost drowned and was more at risk, but the guy who dove in to save him was also exposed. 

Archived