Das Boot

Macklunkey

Found it rather meh.

There's atm sorta trend on German TV with drama series from late Weimar (Babylon Berlin) to early Federal Republic (Kudamm 54).

Personally I find "Das Boot" rather weak compared to Babylon Berlin (Germany's TV drama darling atm). Esp. with knowing the old movie.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Found it rather meh.

There's atm sorta trend on German TV with drama series from late Weimar (Babylon Berlin) to early Federal Republic (Kudamm 54).

Personally I find "Das Boot" rather weak compared to Babylon Berlin (Germany's TV drama darling atm). Esp. with knowing the old movie.

Berlin in general is popular as a setting with "dogs of berlin", "counterpoint" "sense8", "berlin station" and "dark" actively filming in or just outside that city. I can see the attraction as it's a cool place to hang out after filming. East/West Berlin is always going to be a popular setting for stories too

I was over there recently and they were heavily promoting a show called "the pass" which was germany's take on the "never seems to get old" "the bridge" concept. It sounded quite fun as was set between the alps between Germany and Austria and involved cut off communities within the alps.

9 hours ago, red snow said:

Berlin in general is popular as a setting with "dogs of berlin", "counterpoint" "sense8", "berlin station" and "dark" actively filming in or just outside that city. I can see the attraction as it's a cool place to hang out after filming. East/West Berlin is always going to be a popular setting for stories too

I was over there recently and they were heavily promoting a show called "the pass" which was germany's take on the "never seems to get old" "the bridge" concept. It sounded quite fun as was set between the alps between Germany and Austria and involved cut off communities within the alps.

It seems like there should be a Berlin-based, cold-war spy series. I know Deutchland 83 is out there, but I don't know any others. 

Archived