Did Patchface predict the death of Viserion?

TheCold

It's a question about the books, but since it's inspired from the events in the show, I decided to post the question here.

Patchface, the Stannis' fool says a lot of weird things and has predicted the Red Wedding and possibly some other events in the books as well. One quote that does not yet have a proper explanation is the one about the rising bubbles:

“Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black,” Patchface sang somewhere. “I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.”

The smoke raising in bubbles would be the dragons, being the Patchface's watery analogue to the "dragons are fire made flesh" belief. Green and black would be Rhaegal and Drogon, respectively, and blue would be Viserion after raised by the Others. 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:26 AM, TheCold said:

The smoke raising in bubbles would be the dragons, being the Patchface's watery analogue to the "dragons are fire made flesh" belief. Green and black would be Rhaegal and Drogon, respectively, and blue would be Viserion after raised by the Others. 

Is Rhaegal's flame described as green coloured like his hide? 

Show Viserion's flame is blue after he rose but his scale colour hasn't changed

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:26 AM, TheCold said:

It's a question about the books, but since it's inspired from the events in the show, I decided to post the question here.

Patchface, the Stannis' fool says a lot of weird things and has predicted the Red Wedding and possibly some other events in the books as well. One quote that does not yet have a proper explanation is the one about the rising bubbles:

For some reason, I landed in this part of the forum

UnViserion with blue flames is the show interpretation (or spin-off) of one of the HOTU prophesies

"From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire"

It is still a mystery in the books but many (including myself) have argued that the tower is the Hightower and the beast is related to Euron. There are no hints what the beast might be, it looks like a dragon. So among the possibilities are 1) An ensorcelled dragon, most likely Rhaegal 2) A dead/fossilized/hibernating dragon  (e.g. Silverwing or Cannibal) 3) A glamour that looks like a dragon but it isn't

I tend to favor the last option because the prophesy is related to the Slayer of Lies. So, that beast is a lie

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, Ser Uncle P said:

Show Viserion's flame is blue after he rose but his scale colour hasn't changed

Didn't he become pale white after resurrection? Or was that just the lighting?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived