Seven kingdoms for seven gods

Aurane

Alright, so I have a theory that the leaders of the original great houses conquered by Aegon represent aspects of the seven gods of the faith. I'm not including Dorne or the Crownlands because they weren't a part of Aegon's original 7 kingdoms.

1. The Stranger - Euron - This is one of the more straightforward ones. Euron has an aura of mystery to him and has one of the highest death tolls within the series.

2. The Father - Jaime - With the death of Ser Kevan, Cercei will probably be relying on Jaime heavily, whether she acknowledges it or not. This would make him the pseudo leader of house Lannister. Obviously, Jaime being a father plays a huge role in the series. On top of that Jaime's arc seems to be trying to be a more just person when dealing with people as we see in AFFC. This ties in with the Father being the one to cast judgement upon people.

3. The Mother - Margaery - While not a mother yet, Margaery represents the Mother's traits of kindness, mercy and fertility

4. The Warrior  - Blackfish or Edmure - pretty straightforward

5. The Smith - Stannis - The Smith is known as a mender of broken things just as Stannis wants to mend the fractured Westeros. On top of that, sailors pray to the Smith for safe voyages, which would tie in with Stannis being the former master of ships. It would also tie in with Ser Davos saying that Stannis is his god. Also, the Smith's is associated with a hammer which he uses to make things, and Stannis's claim to the iron throne is made by Robert's hammer, which was used to kill Rhaegar and decisively win the rebellion.

6. The Crone - Bran - His greendreams certainly give him an increase in knowledge, and under Bloodraven's teaching, he will assumedly get wiser.

7. The Maiden - Sweetrobin - Obviously Lysa has done everything in her power to keep Robert innocent, shutting out all of the woes of the outside world. He's assumedly chaste, as we've seen no in text evidence of his new stepdad taking Sweetrobin to any of his brothels. :P

Let me know what you think! I've only finished the books a couple of weeks ago so I may of missed something!

Uhhhhh, your Smith Stannis also has fire magic to heat his forge with.  So that's hot.

Margaery insists she's the Maid!   Repeatedly!   Highgarden is so very flowery so they say, a maiden image.

This would make SweetRobin the Mother.   Which is apt.  But mostly I'd look to Petyr the real ruler there as the Mother of Chaos for sure, and he's taken over parenting duties from the Tully women he's gotten killed.  He birthed the five kings war.   Mother of invention?  Eh.   And for a Mother True, Sansa may yet swing from here to the throneroom to be the royal who cares, providing the mother love the realm desperately needs.

I like how you showed Jaime respect for his mature turn.  Yet... the Lannisters overall have been The Warrior up thru this point.   

I don't know what if anything the riverlands have going for them.  That could mean the re-introduction of Dorne as Father, with Doran scheming to avenge his family and see them restored to greatness.  A father's love, harsh and judgmental, yet fiercely loyal and looking to expand the family fortunes?

I wonder if the founding lords of the 7 kingdoms had a link to a god for each of them like this long ago???

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, Aurane said:

Alright, so I have a theory that the leaders of the original great houses conquered by Aegon represent aspects of the seven gods of the faith. I'm not including Dorne or the Crownlands because they weren't a part of Aegon's original 7 kingdoms.

1. The Stranger - Euron - This is one of the more straightforward ones. Euron has an aura of mystery to him and has one of the highest death tolls within the series.

2. The Father - Jaime - With the death of Ser Kevan, Cercei will probably be relying on Jaime heavily, whether she acknowledges it or not. This would make him the pseudo leader of house Lannister. Obviously, Jaime being a father plays a huge role in the series. On top of that Jaime's arc seems to be trying to be a more just person when dealing with people as we see in AFFC. This ties in with the Father being the one to cast judgement upon people.

3. The Mother - Margaery - While not a mother yet, Margaery represents the Mother's traits of kindness, mercy and fertility

4. The Warrior  - Blackfish or Edmure - pretty straightforward

5. The Smith - Stannis - The Smith is known as a mender of broken things just as Stannis wants to mend the fractured Westeros. On top of that, sailors pray to the Smith for safe voyages, which would tie in with Stannis being the former master of ships. It would also tie in with Ser Davos saying that Stannis is his god. Also, the Smith's is associated with a hammer which he uses to make things, and Stannis's claim to the iron throne is made by Robert's hammer, which was used to kill Rhaegar and decisively win the rebellion.

6. The Crone - Bran - His greendreams certainly give him an increase in knowledge, and under Bloodraven's teaching, he will assumedly get wiser.

7. The Maiden - Sweetrobin - Obviously Lysa has done everything in her power to keep Robert innocent, shutting out all of the woes of the outside world. He's assumedly chaste, as we've seen no in text evidence of his new stepdad taking Sweetrobin to any of his brothels. :P

Let me know what you think! I've only finished the books a couple of weeks ago so I may of missed something!

Interesting. In enjoyed the read.

Archived