Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2019

Week

I'm in last place so I haven't made a whole lot of good decisions.  But I made one this weekend.

I thought that London was going to play like a bandbox.  So I sat BOTH Porcello and Tanaka Saturday, despite needing to catch up some on innings.  No regrets there.

• 2 weeks later...

For next year, we need to change the rule that any pick ups or drops come into the team the next day. Nothing is more brutal than having a guy come off the DL/NA unexpectedly and being unable to play them, especially a pitcher with limited starts.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, Mexal said:

For next year, we need to change the rule that any pick ups or drops come into the team the next day. Nothing is more brutal than having a guy come off the DL/NA unexpectedly and being unable to play them, especially a pitcher with limited starts.

Agree - I hate that too.

Sorry, been totally off board since a new job. Think everyone should have my email if you did need to get in touch with me...pm me if you do not. Thanks all - need some steals and saves here....Bronn, sorry I went silent before, let's finish that deal

Ughhhhhhh 

It happened again.

My phone slipped out of my hands while using the Yahoo app and I somehow hit the precise set of buttons to drop Jose Ramirez. He's actually good now! Sure, two months ago I would just say my fingers "slipped". But these days? I would never purposely do such a thing.

I wasn't even drunk this time. Why am I the only one struggling with this?! @Week I need your help once more!

At least I know now what happened with Michael Conforto. 

Uhh, @Jaime L you were looking at Jose Ramirez's player page and your phone slipped out of your hands ... what exactly were you doing? :P

No problem - unfortunately, the vagaries of Yahoo dictate that you lose a day of JoRam's services. Not sure why.

5 hours ago, Week said:

Uhh, @Jaime L you were looking at Jose Ramirez's player page and your phone slipped out of your hands ... what exactly were you doing? :P

No problem - unfortunately, the vagaries of Yahoo dictate that you lose a day of JoRam's services. Not sure why.

I mean his last month sure has been something.....:leaving:

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Congrats @Week! This is getting to be a broken record - another fantasy baseball title for you. Couldn't have been closer with Groz all year long but looks like you pulled out another one in the last days. 

Thanks Jaime - it was really down to the wire. We were tied yesterday! @grozeng well fought!

Thanks all for sticking it out for the long haul! Hope we can do it again next year!

Yeah congrats @Week

If my team did not forget how to hit the last two weeks it may have been different.  I lost 2 points in Average and 2 in OPS over the last 2 weeks.  Or if my highest paid player was not injured all year.  Even if I got 20 HRs from Stanton I would have won.  That and forgetting to put in Mallex Smith on Consecutive 2 SB days were the difference of 2 points in the standings for me each.  

Crazy how close it was. 

I am definitely in for next year.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:57 PM, Bronn Stone said:

I had a fun time stinking up the joint. I want to play again.

I do have some thoughts about QS as a category though.  I was wondering if Yahoo supports QS+W as a category.  Best of both worlds.

I look into it for next year - I like that possibility also. QS makes a pitcher like Robbie Ray a detriment with an innings cap - not the desired outcome. That's becoming the case more and more as innings per start keeps dropping.

Not to mention that a 4.50 ERA start ain't really that quality.

Archived