Favourite chapter from each book

Euron III Greyjoy

What is your favourite chapter from each book? For me its:

AGoT - Ned's death. Whilst there where definitely signs of ASOIAF being a dark series before this chapter, Ned's death was something I just didn't see coming. When I first read this book I remember thinking that there was so much time between Ned getting arrested and Ned getting killed, that he was surely going to get out of it somehow. Even during the chapter I was sure he'd get out of it. 

ACoK - Daenerys at the House of the Undying. Maybe it was due to me listening to the audiobooks, and Roy Dotrice's fantastic performance, but this chapter was both incredibly creepy and interesting. Once I got through it, I remember taking out a notebook and writing down the prophecies, and trying to decipher them myself. 

ASoS - The Red Wedding. Despite my favourite faction almost getting entirely wiped out, this was such a great chapter. Like Ned, I was convinced that Robb was somehow going to get out of there. I remember almost crying at the end when Catelyn had a mental breakdown, and started talking about how Ned loved her long hair, which would've probably looked weird, since I was listening to the audiobook, and I was out in public.  xD

AFfC - Kingsmoot. I do have a bias towards Euron Greyjoy, so really any chapter with him is great to me, but he just gave such a badass speech at the Kingsmoot, so I have to go with that chapter. 

ADwD - Tyrion, Jorah, and Penny escape from the slavers. Throughout the whole of ADwD, Tyrion was very depressed and just seemed to want to drink himself to death. I feel like this was the chapter where he finally started getting his mojo back. 

5 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

What is your favourite chapter from each book? For me its:

AGoT - Ned's death. Whilst there where definitely signs of ASOIAF being a dark series before this chapter, Ned's death was something I just didn't see coming. When I first read this book I remember thinking that there was so much time between Ned getting arrested and Ned getting killed, that he was surely going to get out of it somehow. Even during the chapter I was sure he'd get out of it. 

ACoK - Daenerys at the House of the Undying. Maybe it was due to me listening to the audiobooks, and Roy Dotrice's fantastic performance, but this chapter was both incredibly creepy and interesting. Once I got through it, I remember taking out a notebook and writing down the prophecies, and trying to decipher them myself. 

ASoS - The Red Wedding. Despite my favourite faction almost getting entirely wiped out, this was such a great chapter. Like Ned, I was convinced that Robb was somehow going to get out of there. I remember almost crying at the end when Catelyn had a mental breakdown, and started talking about how Ned loved her long hair, which would've probably looked weird, since I was listening to the audiobook, and I was out in public.  xD

AFfC - Kingsmoot. I do have a bias towards Euron Greyjoy, so really any chapter with him is great to me, but he just gave such a badass speech at the Kingsmoot, so I have to go with that chapter. 

ADwD - Tyrion, Jorah, and Penny escape from the slavers. Throughout the whole of ADwD, Tyrion was very depressed and just seemed to want to drink himself to death. I feel like this was the chapter where he finally started getting his mojo back. 

AGOT - The last chapter.  Daenerys hatching her dragon eggs on the Dothraki Sea.

ACOK - The House of the Undying.  

ASOS - The death of Kraznys mo Naklos.  The duel between Oberyn and Gregor is a close second.

AFFC - The Kingsmoot.  

ADWD - Daznak's Pit.  

Game- Tyrion's trial on the Eyrie and his chapter in the Battle on the Green Fork.

Clash- The Prologue and Davos' chapter in the Battle of the Blackwater.

Storm- Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Stannis' battle against the wildlings, Tyrion's trial and Tywin's death.

Feast- Arya at the House of Black and White, The Kingsmoot, Jaime and Brynden, Brienne captured by The BWB and her meeting with Lady Stoneheart.

Dance- Prologue, Cersei's walk of shame, Jon's death and Epilogue.

AGOT - 'The King in the North!'

ACOK - The prologue, though House of the Undying comes very close

ASOS - Red Wedding, Stannis fighting the wildling is a close second

AFFC - Kingsmoot, no contest

ADWD - Manderly revealing his true intent to Davos. Second best would be the prologue.

AGOT - The King in the North! 

ACOK- Renly's death, complete unespected, we already had saw dragons, but here is where magic start to interfere with the plot. Everything becomes more imprevisible after it and show that no one was safe.

ASOS- Tywin's death, probably the only moment of catharsis in the series, is the only vengeance that went somewhere and it was well deserved after all the crap Tywin pulled out. Tyrion also crushing Jaime's world in the process was a great bonus "Cersei is a lying whore, she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know."

AFFC- The Kingsmoot - We heard of Euron since ACOK and he finally shows up, and it is great, Aeron is cleary siding with Victarion and he called the kingsmoot that would be his own undoing. Asha speach was great, and shows how much dumb balon was, and then Euron shows up and steals the scene, the crown and the kingdom all at once.

ADWD - Manderly and Davos.

Game of Thrones.  Daenerys and the birth of her dragons.  

Clash of Kings.  The House of the Undying.

Storm of Swords.  Barristan knocks down Mero and reveals his identity.

Feast for Crows.  Not one chapter stood out in particular.  

Dance with Dragons.  Drogon coming to the fighting pit to rescue his mother.

Archived