The Child of Jon Snow & Daenerys

The Bastard of Walton

Chances are it's been discussed (been a while since I've been on)

Anyhow, the chances of Jon & Danys child being the "Prince/Princess that was promised"......... To the Night King.

We know the prophecy says that they will deliver the world from darkness. What if instead of a warrior it's more a sacrifice?

Maybe Rhaegar even theorized this even? He realised he needed a child of Ice & Fire (A legitimate child of Targaryern & Stark blood-kings blood). 

Would be bittersweet if Dany finally conceived only to have to Sacrifice the child for the good of the realm.

19 hours ago, The Bastard of Walton said:

Anyhow, the chances of Jon & Danys child being the "Prince/Princess that was promised"......... To the Night King.

Yeah, so many theories of this kind. I still prefer the theory that Jon himself is the PTWP. 

I don't really see the time line for Daenerys having a child... the grand wear is imminent, the enemy is marching towards winterfell. This is about days, maximum weeks, not nine months...

Would be bittersweet if Dany finally conceived only to have to Sacrifice the child for the good of the realm.

Sacrificing a newborn is more than bittersweet. I don't think so.

Maybe Daenerys has to sacrifice herself? Or they just have to sacrifice the existence of the Iron throne?

(...)

the "Prince/Princess that was promised"......... To the Night King.

We know the prophecy says that they will deliver the world from darkness. What if instead of a warrior it's more a sacrifice?

(...)

I've wondered that as well, but not about boatbaby. From something I posted elsewhere:

The night king. What does he want? He just wants what was promised. Well, he would rather be rid of all those grubby wildlings who have been despoiling his pristine wilderness, but of more concern is that he is dying. It’s been a long old life, but all men must die, even ice men. Now its all about legacy. He can’t father children, so long ago, an heir was promised to him, so that when the time came, a heir would be provided to him.  A prince. The Prince/ess he was promised.  But who?

It’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Well, she wanted to be Queen, and now she will be. She has also learned that having a crown on your head does not stop you living in servitude. Well she won’t be in servitude now, she will be absolute monarch of her own icy kingdom. The ice queen. The night queen. Queen of snow.

Or it could be Gendry.

20 hours ago, The Bastard of Walton said:

Jon & Danys child

They had sex once so far. Why should she become pregnant immediately? She is considered to be barren anyway. Can she really have children again? Why now and not earlier? Any magic occured? 

I don't see Daenerys becoming pregnant immediately and the time line issue doesn't work out, too. The grand war is imminent, the enemy days, weeks away. No time for "boatbaby". 

Other women in GoT have sex without becoming pregnant. Quite realistically. For example, Sansa.

The main question is if Daenerys survives. If both survive, they might have a child after all, after the war. If Dany dies, no child as well.

16 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

They had sex once so far. Why should she become pregnant immediately? She is considered to be barren anyway. Can she really have children again? Why now and not earlier? Any magic occured? 

I don't see Daenerys becoming pregnant immediately and the time line issue doesn't work out, too. The grand war is imminent, the enemy days, weeks away. No time for "boatbaby". 

Other women in GoT have sex without becoming pregnant. Quite realistically. For example, Sansa.

The main question is if Daenerys survives. If both survive, they might have a child after all, after the war. If Dany dies, no child as well.

Bah...there will be a child. Granted I don't think the child's purpose will be as a sacrifice, as others have pointed out the time-line doesn't work, making the thought ridiculous. the show has already foreshadowed the baby during Jon and Dany's conversation when Dany first told Jon she was barren.

5 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Bah...there will be a child.

If both survive, after the end game, a pregnancy or a child can display the new hope and future. Till then, they can have more than enough sex to make it reasonable.

But a child before or during the war makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

If both survive, after the end game, a pregnancy or a child can display the new hope and future. Till then, they can have more than enough sex to make it reasonable.

But a child before or during the war makes no sense at all.

Sorry, your wrong in this regard. Having the baby now would make zero sense, granted, but we will learn Dany is pregnant from that first encounter. Your completely leaving out the magic part of the whole conception. But for all we know, they could have been boinking like bunny's that whole remainder of that trip...not that it matters. 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Your completely leaving out the magic part of the whole conception.

OK, so where is the magic?

I somehow agree that a stupid TV series might make it that way. But it is stupid nonetheless. I hope they don't do it.

Women talking about their infertility is not "foreshadowing" them having a child. Its just people hearing a woman saying that and denying the reality.

I think someone said it well on these forums: Dany having a child is like Bran walking again. 

Plus there is far more relevant book foreshadowing that her dynasty is walking dead and wont be resurrected; she is the last dragon and Aerys is the last dragonking.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one even become pregnant from an undead? Yeah, yeah, anvils the size of meteors last Season as to J/D baby but how does that even work? Jon is technically undead. And while Dany may be able to conceive, if the description of her first child was actually true...yikes. So you have a woman with a penchant for having babies with 'lizard scales' and a man who is undead. How would they ever even conceive a child much less one that would look or be normal in any way, shape or form?

Oh right I know, in fanservice land.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, Mystical said:

How does one even become pregnant from an undead? Yeah, yeah, anvils the size of meteors last Season as to J/D baby but how does that even work? Jon is technically undead. And while Dany may be able to conceive, if the description of her first child was actually true...yikes. So you have a woman with a penchant for having babies with 'lizard scales' and a man who is undead. How would they ever even conceive a child much less one that would look or be normal in any way, shape or form?

Oh right I know, in fanservice land.

We bring people back from the dead all the time, are you saying all of them are sterile too?

23 hours ago, Mystical said:

Jon is technically undead

No, he is technically alive. Just that. Resurrected, brought back to life. It's magical, but it's not "undead". 

We have not learned about any impairments this might have caused. We have to take the phantasy world as it is told by GRRM or DD.

Jon has scars from his deaths. He has not been magically healed in an absolute manner.

23 hours ago, Mystical said:

if the description of her first child was actually true

It probably was not. We know that the witch played her and wanted her child and Drogo dead. I might have been a healthy unborn.

12 hours ago, Error-504 said:

We brig people bck from the dead all the time, are you saying all of them are sterile too?

Are the white walkers sterile? There is a reason why they need Craster's babies to expand their numbers instead of them just kidnapping Wildling women and impregnating them. And Jon is referred to as dead walking, fire weight or whatever. He clearly also suffered major brain damage (only explanation for the utter stupidity that resurrected Jon is inflicted with...not that he was ever the sharpest tool in the shed but still) probably due to lack of oxygen so why shouldn't his reproductive organs also be affected.

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

No, he is technically alive. Just that. Resurrected, brought back to life. It's magical, but it's not "undead". 

We have not learned about any impairments this might have caused. We have to take the phantasy world as it is told by GRRM or DD.

Jon has scars from his deaths. He has not been magically healed in an absolute manner.

Since when do undead come back with no scars? And he is undead per the simplest explanation/definition. He was made UN-DEAD, aka previously dead and now 'alive' again. And we are told resurrection has consequences, you lose something every time. Nothing says that said something can't also be in relation to biology.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

It probably was not. We know that the witch played her and wanted her child and Drogo dead. I might have been a healthy unborn.

Jorah said 'the women said' so clearly there were more than just the witch who witnessed the birth. I don't see why Dothraki women would lie about that. Unless there were only women from that village the witch came from who assisted which wouldn't make much sense.

5 hours ago, Mystical said:

He clearly also suffered major brain damage (only explanation for the utter stupidity that resurrected Jon is inflicted with...not that he was ever the sharpest tool in the shed but still) probably due to lack of oxygen so why shouldn't his reproductive organs also be affected.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I'm sure  that's the exact idea that D&D has wanted to convey :smug:

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I'm sure  that's the exact idea that D&D has wanted to convey :smug:

D&D made, a times, Jon stupid. But it was to get their BoB in the most gruesome way possible, their hare-brained expedition north of the Wall, his stupid stand when he should flee as everyone else. His stupidity is only D&D convenience. I'm ignoring that.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mystical said:

How does one even become pregnant from an undead?

I don't know if Jon will be different in GRRM's book. But in the show, he seems to have enough life signs to impregnate a woman. Or to make love to her without she notice something wrong. Unless you consider some "magical barrier" forbidding him to spark a new life.

And for Daenerys' baby, supposing this line of speculation... Well Talisa too was pregnant. Robb's wife is neither pregnant nor dead (yet) in the books. But D&D seems to have their preferences...

Archived