The Walking Dead: The Judith and Negan Show (Comic Spoilers)

HokieStone

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

If the Whisperers left Sadiq alive so that he could go back and warn everyone.... what was the logic behind not killing Darryl, Carol Michone and what's-her-name?

Logic?? None. But I think she said enough have died? Logic wise she could've crippled them right there, she had Tara, Michonne, Daryl, Carol and only killed Tara, the least of the threats. Now I am going to assume, and give some credit to the show and say that they are trying to show us that Alpha is reasonable and doesn't kill just to kill. That once she felt the death toll was even across the groups she stopped and wanted peace, but stay off her lawn!!

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

Logic wise she could've crippled them right there, she had Tara, Michonne, Daryl, Carol and only killed Tara, the least of the threats. Now I am going to assume, and give some credit to the show and say that they are trying to show us that Alpha is reasonable and doesn't kill just to kill. That once she felt the death toll was even across the groups she stopped and wanted peace, but stay off her lawn!!

Well, I think there are a few logical reasons for leaving MiCaryl alive.  First, obviously Daryl is the only one that actually saw the hoard, so the point is to keep him alive.  Second, as Alpha told Daryl, she does hope they can protect her daughter, so it'd be a bit self-defeating to cripple the group at that juncture.  Third, if you completely pwn the leaders of your adversary, it's reasonable to assume they'll be more likely to heed your threats.  Whereas if you killed the leaders, the response from the rest of the group is much more likely to be hostile.

All that said, there's much less of a compelling argument to keep Siddiq alive if you're already keeping those alive too.  I guess cuz he actually saw how you killed the others and that will make it more threatening?  But I don't know about that - seems the mystery of how they killed all those people would be more frightening.

20 hours ago, DMC said:

Carl ended up fine.  More than fine.

He got killed off unexpectedly after he bought a house to live near the production and then they give his comic book story to some other kid that they just killed off unexpectedly.  Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, grozeng said:

He got killed off unexpectedly after he bought a house to live near the production and then they give his comic book story to some other kid that they just killed off unexpectedly.  Am I missing something?

He was referencing the comic Carl I believe. That Carl ended up fine.

Well, I enjoyed that episode. Samantha Morton is brilliant. What a difference it makes to have a really good actor in a role.

JUST IMAGINE IF THIS SHOW HAD MORE THAN ONE REALLY GOOD ACTOR.

I mean, it would still have bad writing. But...hey, wait...what if it had had great writers too? 

Wow. I feel a bit rubbish now.

16 hours ago, Isis said:

Well, I enjoyed that episode. Samantha Morton is brilliant. What a difference it makes to have a really good actor in a role.

JUST IMAGINE IF THIS SHOW HAD MORE THAN ONE REALLY GOOD ACTOR.

I mean, it would still have bad writing. But...hey, wait...what if it had had great writers too? 

Wow. I feel a bit rubbish now.

I think that's always been the case with the villains at least. The problem is in only having one villain at a time. Guess we have negan and alpha now.

But we are so used to tolerating average acting on TV; obviously there is a spectrum there, some people simply phone it in, others are 'adequate', others still will have moments where they really shine. But when you think how good the source material is, it just makes me sad to think about the absolute lows this show has experienced when it could have been SO GOOD. 

But this series has been an improvement on the last couple, certainly in the way episodes have been structured and in how Alpha has been portrayed (pretty true to the comics I would say).

At least they didn't leave us with a god awful cliffhanger this time. I'm really tired of that. I know tv shows have been ending seasons with cliffhangers forever, but I feel like it's disrespectful of the audience. A season of a show should tell something like a complete story. 

18 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Voice on the radio at the end...Maggie?

I don't think it's Maggie, especially after listening/reading Kang's comments afterwards.  Sounds like another new group -- I suppose the TV version of the commonwealth.  Although, one could argue Maggie was already with the TV version of the commonwealth.  I suppose that could of been Georgie (the leader of the group Maggie is with), but if it was Maggie one would think she'd ask for someone by name.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I don't think it's Maggie, especially after listening/reading Kang's comments afterwards.  Sounds like another new group -- I suppose the TV version of the commonwealth.  Although, one could argue Maggie was already with the TV version of the commonwealth.  I suppose that could of been Georgie (the leader of the group Maggie is with), but if it was Maggie one would think she'd ask for someone by name.

Yeah, speculation I've seen thinks it's the commonwealth, as apparently in the comics, first contact was via radio.  Just thought it might be Maggie since they name-dropped her earlier in the episode.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:18 AM, HokieStone said:

And so...the redemption of Negan...

Psst...hey Michonne, remember when he bashed your friend's heads in?

Voice on the radio at the end...Maggie?

I guess it depends on whether her new show has been cancelled as to whether it's Maggie

A very bleh episode. Best part for me was Negan ribbing Father Gabriel, nice to have someone with a little charisma on the show.

Hate how the showed Carol this episode, as if losing Henry somehow broke her. She has been through a lot worse than that.

Didn't like the little petty jealousy scene with Darryl and the King either, felt like a tween soap opera scene straight outta 90210. If this is how the King is gonna be then I wish that they had killed him and had his head on a spike, not a character I like anyway.

I would say the season as a whole was an improvement over the last few and that is encouraging.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Hate how the showed Carol this episode, as if losing Henry somehow broke her. She has been through a lot worse than that.

Didn't like the little petty jealousy scene with Darryl and the King either, felt like a tween soap opera scene straight outta 90210. If this is how the King is gonna be then I wish that they had killed him and had his head on a spike, not a character I like anyway.

I didn't have much of a problem with either.  In Carol's case, yeah, she's been through this before quite literally.  That's the point I think the writers are going for.  How does she react this time?  Think that's interesting enough.

As for Ezekiel telling Daryl to fuck off, I dunno, that made sense too.  He knows his marriage is falling apart, he knows the two of them are very close, and he views that as a threat.  That's a pretty common reaction, regardless of gender.

Archived