The Walking Dead: The Judith and Negan Show (Comic Spoilers)

HokieStone

A third series coming in 2020.

"will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

15 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

A third series coming in 2020.

"will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

And then there's this line -

"Whether any characters will cross over from The Walking Dead or Fear — in the same way Lennie James’ Morgan and Austin Amelio’s Dwight have recently moved from the first show to the second — remains to be seen."

Wait...what?  First I heard that Dwight was joining FTWD.  I was wondering where he was this season on TWD. 

24 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I was wondering where he was this season on TWD. 

Pretty sure Daryl told him if he ever came back he'd kill him and he went off searching for Sherry.

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

And then there's this line -

"Whether any characters will cross over from The Walking Dead or Fear — in the same way Lennie James’ Morgan and Austin Amelio’s Dwight have recently moved from the first show to the second — remains to be seen."

Wait...what?  First I heard that Dwight was joining FTWD.  I was wondering where he was this season on TWD. 

I thought the same thing. I remember Darryl telling him to get going but never heard anything about him going to FTWD until I read that article.

• 2 months later...

Anyone see that the comic / illustrated series is over? I read an article today that said #193 is the end, no warning in advance I guess other than killing Rick off in 192. 

31 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Anyone see that the comic / illustrated series is over? I read an article today that said #193 is the end, no warning in advance I guess other than killing Rick off in 192. 

Oh shit, haven't read them in a few months but thought I was pretty up to date - had no idea Rick dies.  Off to go read the end, I guess, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting comments from Kirkman on why he wanted it to be a surprise that it was ending:

"I hate knowing what's coming," Kirkman wrote in the concluding pages of Walking Dead No. 193. "As a fan, I hate it when I realize I’m in the third act of a movie and the story is winding down. I hate that I can count commercial breaks and know I’m nearing the end of a TV show. I hate that you can feel when you’re getting to the end of a book, or a graphic novel. Some of the best episodes of Game of Thrones are when they’re structured in such a way and paced to perfection so your brain can’t tell if it’s been watching for 15 minutes or 50 minutes ... and when the end comes ... you’re stunned." 

"I love long movies for that very reason," he continued. "You lose track of time because you went in convinced that you’re going to be there for a long time, but the story moves at such an entertaining and engaging pace that by the time the movie’s wrapping up ... you can’t believe it’s already over. Surprise, it’s over! All I’ve ever done, all a creator can really do ... is tailor-make stories to entertain themselves, and hope the audience feels the same way. That’s all I’ve ever been doing ... and it seems to work most of the time." 

I applaud his reasoning but there was never going to be a genuine in-your-hands discovery it was over because people were talking about it on Sunday Eve. He'd have had to cancel it after this issue instead. I guess some older readers may get the surprise and i guess it's a decent effort in this day and age for the info only to leak days before.

Yeah I think what he's responding to is more the question "why didn't you hype it up for months on end like everything gets hyped these days?"  Obviously you can't make it a complete surprise.  

Anyway just finished reading the final issue.  First of all, it's damn long.  Second, it's the cheesiest thing I've read in the long time.  I don't really know anything about comics, but I'm pretty sure Rick Grimes just got the longest blowjob in comics history.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I think what he's responding to is more the question "why didn't you hype it up for months on end like everything gets hyped these days?"  Obviously you can't make it a complete surprise.  

Anyway just finished reading the final issue.  First of all, it's damn long.  Second, it's the cheesiest thing I've read in the long time.  I don't really know anything about comics, but I'm pretty sure Rick Grimes just got the longest blowjob in comics history.

Well they didn't give him his own trilogy of tv movies in the comics at least.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:03 PM, DMC said:

Pretty sure Daryl told him if he ever came back he'd kill him and he went off searching for Sherry.

Wait, so Sherry and Dwight are both going to appear in the FWD? That is the best news I've heard, after watching this train wreck of a season. 

31 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Wait, so Sherry and Dwight are both going to appear in the FWD? That is the best news I've heard, after watching this train wreck of a season. 

I don't know if Sherry is going to appear on Fear (gave up on that one pretty quickly), but a quick google tells me this:

Dwight’s (Austin Amelio) search for missing wife Sherry (Christine Evangelista) will continue despite the detour he finds himself on following a run-in with a familiar face.

“If this episode shows us anything, it’s that he’s definitely not giving up on his search for Sherry,” Fear the Walking Dead co-showrunner Ian Goldberg told EW of “Humbug’s Gulch,” which reintroduced Dwight one year after Daryl (Norman Reedus) ordered his exile from Virginia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, time to revive the Walking Dead thread.  I'm still watching for some reason.  Adding Negan to the Whisperers should be interesting...although once again the show violates it's own "rules".  Negan walking along next to Beta, in the midst of a herd of walkers...he's not wearing a mask, or covered in blood, and he's just talking like normal...and yet none of the walkers notice him. 

I still plan to watch, but between baseball and Watchmen, I've only seen the season premiere - everything else is recorded and still waiting.  The mid-season finale is in a couple weeks, right?  Figure at this point might as well wait til then and watch the whole half season on Sunday.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I still plan to watch, but between baseball and Watchmen, I've only seen the season premiere - everything else is recorded and still waiting.  The mid-season finale is in a couple weeks, right?  Figure at this point might as well wait til then and watch the whole half season on Sunday.

Yeah, I think there are two more episodes left before the break.

Still watching also. And I kept wondering about the Negan thing too, it's like he magically wasn't being seen. I thought they were all whisperers because Alpha has her mask off too?

What ever happened to Eugene making bullets???? Did they just forget all about this after the war or did I miss something?  

So I haven’t watched Walking Dead for some time. Kind of lost interest when the show went to shit.

One question: Is everyone just over the fact that Negan beat Glenn’s head in with a baseball bat? Cause that’s not something you should ever get over. Redemption arcs are so overrated.

The only fitting ending for this Show is if Rick parachutes out of a helicopter in the last scene, shouts Yippeekyaay mother*****r and bashes Negan’s head in with the butt of his Colt Python.

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So I haven’t watched Walking Dead for some time. Kind of lost interest when the show went to shit.

One question: Is everyone just over the fact that Negan beat Glenn’s head in with a baseball bat? Cause that’s not something you should ever get over. Redemption arcs are so overrated.

The only fitting ending for this Show is if Rick parachutes out of a helicopter in the last scene, shouts Yippeekyaay mother*****r and bashes Negan’s head in with the butt of his Colt Python.

It should at least be interesting when Maggie comes back. I'm not clear if that's this season or next. 

Archived