The Walking Dead: The Judith and Negan Show (Comic Spoilers)

HokieStone

4 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So I haven’t watched Walking Dead for some time. Kind of lost interest when the show went to shit.

One question: Is everyone just over the fact that Negan beat Glenn’s head in with a baseball bat? Cause that’s not something you should ever get over. Redemption arcs are so overrated.

The only fitting ending for this Show is if Rick parachutes out of a helicopter in the last scene, shouts Yippeekyaay mother*****r and bashes Negan’s head in with the butt of his Colt Python.

Doesn't seem like Daryl, Michonne or Aaron is over it, at the least.  I think the whole concept of redemption is sketchy.  But we do have our entire justice system based on people serving time or money for their criminal acts.  Is there any alternative, to redemption or retribution?

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Doesn't seem like Daryl, Michonne or Aaron is over it, at the least.  I think the whole concept of redemption is sketchy.  But we do have our entire justice system based on people serving time or money for their criminal acts.  Is there any alternative, to redemption or retribution?

Well yeah but I think most of us only believe in redemption and rehabilitation to a point. From all the polaroids of people with bashed in skulls at that savior outpost it's implied that Negan is essentially a serial killer, only open about it. You can only bash in so many people's heads in front of their loved ones before you become irredeemable. Plus he kept a harem of women who for all his "no rape" talk clearly did not want to be there. 

That said he was the best part of the show last season (haven't watched any of the new one) so they kinda have to keep him around. I would have preferred if instead of softening/redeeming Negan they had the communities so freaked out by the whisperers and bereft of leadership in rick's absence that they became more Savoirish and reluctantly turned to him for leadership. I guess they could still do that when Gurira leaves. 

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You can only bash in so many people's heads in front of their loved ones before you become irredeemable.

Story of my life...

In all seriousness, they did a good job of this in the comics.  Negan wasn't really "redeemed" - even after doing a shitload of very helpful stuff - but Maggie still spared his life.  BTW, my understanding is Cohan is coming back for next season, but I believe they said we may see a bit of her at the end of this season.  Probably setting up what she's been doing, which makes sense.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:45 AM, HokieStone said:

Negan walking along next to Beta, in the midst of a herd of walkers...he's not wearing a mask, or covered in blood, and he's just talking like normal...and yet none of the walkers notice him. 

It's almost as if they don't give a shit about viewers any more, isn't it? The Alpha and Negan stuff was always going to be good (I mean, has the potential to be good, in the hands of two decent actors (which they are)).

Blimey, this stuff with Sadiq has been painful the whole way through. Badly done and just not even that interesting. I did have a moment of amusement though to see a so-called doctor have a moment of realisation about disease transmission. Hmm, these people have nothing in common, despite living in the same place, eating the same food and drinking the same water. I'm hoping one of these sick people dies, returns and goes on a rampage, hopefully biting Sadiq, because boy, am I tired of him by now.

13 hours ago, Isis said:

It's almost as if they don't give a shit about viewers any more, isn't it? The Alpha and Negan stuff was always going to be good (I mean, has the potential to be good, in the hands of two decent actors (which they are)).

Blimey, this stuff with Sadiq has been painful the whole way through. Badly done and just not even that interesting. I did have a moment of amusement though to see a so-called doctor have a moment of realisation about disease transmission. Hmm, these people have nothing in common, despite living in the same place, eating the same food and drinking the same water. I'm hoping one of these sick people dies, returns and goes on a rampage, hopefully biting Sadiq, because boy, am I tired of him by now.

Um...I guess you're a few episodes behind?

15 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Um...I guess you're a few episodes behind?

I'm up to S10 ep7, which as of Nov 27th, is as far as the show has aired in the UK. Are we a week behind here? I can't remember.

So for the whole season (10) we've had the (not very well done) Sadiq flashbacks to what happened at the fare... to be fair I had almost started zoning out when Sadiq and Dante were on screen as they are not giving great performances, it's almost painful to watch. At the end of this episode (7) it looked as if they were just having a scrap...did it have an ultimate conclusion before the end of the episode? I honestly did not remember if it did or not. And that says more about how meandering and weak this show has become than my comprehension.

However. I've just looked up the episode guide and apparently something Did Actually Happen at the end. WELL FINALLY. Ok then.

This first half season has undone a lot of the goodwill that season 9 had. Definitely back into treading water territory as very little has happened and episodes blur into one again.

Negan and carol are still entertaining and i do like how carol's role has expanded almost by attrition. 

While there's no questioning Morton's skill I'm still not convinced by TV whisperers. The way they are depicted feels ramshackle and condisting of 20 people as opposed to this large elite group who plan several steps ahead. 

Feels like they need some more cast members to leave to force them to change things up again.

Finally got caught up with this the other night and I...don't really have much to say.  It's a testament to mediocrity, I guess.  The show just seems to continually chug along aimlessly with one or two big character deaths per half-season.  That pretty much defines the Gimple era.  

Honestly, I was expecting Negan killing Alpha to be the conclusion of this half season based on his trajectory for a couple episodes there, but nope - just took him off the board for the finale, and now I suppose they'll stretch that out for the entire second half of the season.  Michonne just disappeared for a few episodes when she went off to Oceanside.  They start to do something with Rosita and Eugene, and then it's just dropped, I'm sure we'll return to it for one episode in the second half only to be dropped again.  All this reinforces the disjointed narrative that almost encourages the viewer to zone out then be like "wtf, why'd the creepy dude kill Siddiq?"

To be fair, I guess they have good reason for their glacial pacing now that there's a finish line coming up in terms of the comics.  After they finish with the whisperers, really seems like they're gonna go out with the softest of whimpers.

I mean...the whole premise is just wash rinse repeat at this point. 

1) Run into some other crazy group

2) Have some of your people killed by crazy group

3) Defeat other group in some manner

4) Add some new characters to the show

All while still having the occasional jump scare by a zombie.

11 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I mean...the whole premise is just wash rinse repeat at this point. 

1) Run into some other crazy group

2) Have some of your people killed by crazy group

3) Defeat other group in some manner

4) Add some new characters to the show

All while still having the occasional jump scare by a zombie.

A shame it takes 2 seasons to repeat each cycle of these 4 fairly basic ideas.

Funny thing is I was talking to someone recently about why they just can't find a some Hummers with mounted 50 cals on them. They could dispatch the horde with those pretty easily. They are in the DC area, there would be a lot of military vehicles and powerful weapons in the area on bases. With weapons with that type of power a head shot isn't needed, it would blow the dead to pieces.

I love seeing Carol more, she was always a favorite of mine. I don't like some of the dumb shit she is doing this season though, I mean anyone could see that it was a trap and yet every damn one of them walked right into it.

• 3 weeks later...

How disappointing that was. So obviously a trap. Much better to be like: hey fuck you and your trap, bye. I know Carol is irrational but she's not a moron. 

Funniest part was where Dante flipped the switch from GOOD to BAD water. So literal. 

1 hour ago, Isis said:

How disappointing that was. So obviously a trap. Much better to be like: hey fuck you and your trap, bye. I know Carol is irrational but she's not a moron. 

Funniest part was where Dante flipped the switch from GOOD to BAD water. So literal. 

Yeah, god knows why bad water was ever an option besides "in case of sabotage poisoning".

They keep trying to convince us that alpha is some kind of 4 dimensional chess strategist when in reality it's sesame street tricks on idiots.

The show is back to being bad again but so far it's entertainingly bad and is my go to "show i can fall asleep to".

I like how Negan survived a zombie horde just because - they didn't even need to bother explaining it.

• 2 months later...

I had really different thoughts on where this was all going. Carol has now officially become one of my least favorite on the show. Carol from a season or two ago would never have fallen for the chase me game and literally fallen into a trap, only to be followed by the whole group including Darryl. That scene just pissed me off. Then the crap that just happened in this episode with Carol, I mean just stick a fork in her if this is what you are going to do with her and let me remember her as the badass she became. 

Then the Negan sex march. I mean it's one thing to have Negan and Alpha have sex, yeah fine that actually kind of makes sense. But to show Negan quivering in his boots thinking Alpha was going to kill him. He was alone in the woods with her, he could've taken her no problem but instead he's reduced to a little child, c'mon. I'm sure they will show us later that he was rolling the dice to get on her good side.

The way this is going I am guessing I will be done watching it soon.

16 hours ago, dbunting said:

I had really different thoughts on where this was all going. Carol has now officially become one of my least favorite on the show. Carol from a season or two ago would never have fallen for the chase me game and literally fallen into a trap, only to be followed by the whole group including Darryl. That scene just pissed me off. Then the crap that just happened in this episode with Carol, I mean just stick a fork in her if this is what you are going to do with her and let me remember her as the badass she became. 

Then the Negan sex march. I mean it's one thing to have Negan and Alpha have sex, yeah fine that actually kind of makes sense. But to show Negan quivering in his boots thinking Alpha was going to kill him. He was alone in the woods with her, he could've taken her no problem but instead he's reduced to a little child, c'mon. I'm sure they will show us later that he was rolling the dice to get on her good side.

The way this is going I am guessing I will be done watching it soon.

You can't stop watching! I depend on you people to suffer through this shit and let me know how bad it's gotten.

7 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You can't stop watching! I depend on you people to suffer through this shit and let me know how bad it's gotten.

Yeah I was talking to a friend yesterday and she hasn't watched the last season and after the last episode I was envious of her.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I was talking to a friend yesterday and she hasn't watched the last season and after the last episode I was envious of her.

Envy is unbecoming. Now hold still while I make you watch the entire series again in a Clockwork Orange device. I need real detailed feedback this time!

Archived