The Walking Dead: The Judith and Negan Show (Comic Spoilers)

HokieStone

58 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Is it weird that I get a The Last of Us vibe from this?

Some of the gun stances look like in the game and if you played the DLC I guess there'd be a vibe of the flashback scenes running around the mall.

I wish it gave me a Last of us vibe as that could only be a good thing. That promo looked cheap - like it was fan made and had a Dr Who/CW for kids vibe. But I can remember a lot of people thought that about SG:U until they saw it and it turned out to be great. Hopefully they have a 2 season story mapped out which can only be beneficial for a walking dead show in the hope it has 2 seasons of story play out. Knowing WD it'll probably mean there's 8 episodes of material.

I think the concept of following people who've only ever known the zombie world is quite interesting though. 

i watch twd now like i'd imagine an elderly lady watches her daytime soaps. i've invested too much time to stop now and when 9:00 on sunday night rolls around i have nothing better to do :dunno:

what irritates me the most is that now when the enemy is literally a horde of people walking like zombies with only melee weapons they suddenly lose their guns and the ambition to craft ammunition. the whisperers, in theory, should be the weakest group the survivors have faced to date.

10 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

i watch twd now like i'd imagine an elderly lady watches her daytime soaps. i've invested too much time to stop now and when 9:00 on sunday night rolls around i have nothing better to do :dunno:

what irritates me the most is that now when the enemy is literally a horde of people walking like zombies with only melee weapons they suddenly lose their guns and the ambition to craft ammunition. the whisperers, in theory, should be the weakest group the survivors have faced to date.

This is the part I don't understand. Eugene was making bullets and now he isn't. If they had bullets the Whisperers would be toast, so I guess that's why they don't, plot?  When Michonne comes back with an Apache attack helicopter she'll save the day.

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

This is the part I don't understand. Eugene was making bullets and now he isn't. If they had bullets the Whisperers would be toast, so I guess that's why they don't, plot?  When Michonne comes back with an Apache attack helicopter she'll save the day.

Yeah I guess it's just a plot thing, so I get it, but I can't help but roll my eyes at it. I think the last great episode they had was the Jesus death ep. The build up to that moment with Jesus, Daryl and Eugene tracking the horde and then the cemetery scene was creepy shit. 

13 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah I guess it's just a plot thing, so I get it, but I can't help but roll my eyes at it. I think the last great episode they had was the Jesus death ep. The build up to that moment with Jesus, Daryl and Eugene tracking the horde and then the cemetery scene was creepy shit. 

Agree. That scene and episode got me excited for what was to come but then they revealed the Whisperers secret too soon and lost it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so anyone else watching this still? WTF happened in the last episode? So now Carol is against the communities? She and Negan teamed up to get rid of the whisperers but at what cost? Hilltop is lost, how are they going to sell that to the rest of the communities? Going to paint it as a necessary sacrifice to get rid of Alpha, when we know it wasn't needed since Negan had plenty of opportunity to take her out before losing Hilltop. And still worse it looks like the next episode will be Michonne centered so we will likely be left to wonder what that disaster of a plan was and whether Carol-Negan are even going to try to justify it.

17 hours ago, dbunting said:

Ok, so anyone else watching this still? WTF happened in the last episode? So now Carol is against the communities? She and Negan teamed up to get rid of the whisperers but at what cost? Hilltop is lost, how are they going to sell that to the rest of the communities? Going to paint it as a necessary sacrifice to get rid of Alpha, when we know it wasn't needed since Negan had plenty of opportunity to take her out before losing Hilltop. And still worse it looks like the next episode will be Michonne centered so we will likely be left to wonder what that disaster of a plan was and whether Carol-Negan are even going to try to justify it.

Seems like Negan was testing Alpha when quizzing her about killing her daughter, and when she wouldn't back off it, he slit her throat. Leads me to wonder why he hid her at all? Did he plan on letting Alpha go if she backed off? Or was that supposed to be an effect for the viewer for suspense?  Overall I liked the ending, and am happy she's gone so we can move on from the Whisperers at season end, which I think needs to happen. Time to move on from them. 

6 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Seems like Negan was testing Alpha when quizzing her about killing her daughter, and when she wouldn't back off it, he slit her throat. Leads me to wonder why he hid her at all? Did he plan on letting Alpha go if she backed off? Or was that supposed to be an effect for the viewer for suspense?  Overall I liked the ending, and am happy she's gone so we can move on from the Whisperers at season end, which I think needs to happen. Time to move on from them. 

That is the problem with the whole thing. If he was truly there to kill her then he could have done it much sooner and the Hilltop attack wouldn't have happened. I think Carol thought he would do it asap but maybe he wasn't quite sure until he saw she was going to kill her own daughter, maybe that was his tipping point. The show has some explaining to do.

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

That is the problem with the whole thing. If he was truly there to kill her then he could have done it much sooner and the Hilltop attack wouldn't have happened. I think Carol thought he would do it asap but maybe he wasn't quite sure until he saw she was going to kill her own daughter, maybe that was his tipping point. The show has some explaining to do.

Simply done to create more episodes and plot. I can't help but think 'what i would do in that situation' but have to remember that this is a drama and would be pretty boring if the characters always did what makes to most logical sense. 

21 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Simply done to create more episodes and plot. I can't help but think 'what i would do in that situation' but have to remember that this is a drama and would be pretty boring if the characters always did what makes to most logical sense. 

Yeah but they could've shown a hint that Negan wanted her alone and kept getting interrupted. How do they explain the couple times they were off all alone if he was truly there to kill her. Other than he maybe had thoughts of double crossing and truly joining the whisperers.

Also, when I was watching them talk and walk to the shack, she was mentioning about him becoming a lion and such. I thought she was going to ask him to kill her after she killed her daughter and take over the "pride". Maybe it was just me getting that vibe. 

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Looks like the season 10 finale is early October and then 6 bonus episodes in early 2021. Not sure what bonus episodes are after the s10 finale when you consider s11 won't start till late 2021.

I would guess they started making season 11, got shut down by the pandemic, and just decided to graft those onto season 10 as bonus episodes while they wrote a new season 11 to wrap things up.

Archived