Which minor houses do you want to see more of?

Aurane

Man, I would also like to see more of the houses you listed. 

What's the deal with that purple Dondarrion lightning fable? Need to know more. Lightning is a badass sigil in general, and the house's main representative, the zombie rebel Beric,  has so many questions surrounding him that I don't know where to start. It would be cool to meet a new Dondarrion in TWOW, and find out more on the family opinions on the "Lightning Lord".

I feel we will get a good amount of Blackwood coverage in TWOW. With several interesting new historical figures established in F&B, as well as the ever lingering "Bloodraven's relatives/weird weirwood tree in the yard" dynamic, I feel like George is priming us for something exciting involving the denizens of Raventree Hall. Of course, the main question I have about this exiled Northern family is whether or not they have the ability to skinchange or experience green dreams.

The enigmatic Daynes are such genuine crowd pleasers - most readers are fascinated by their lore, myself included. The mystique surrounding their meteor sword, pale stone island castle, purple eyes and silver hair is so tantalising. Most mentioned family members also seem to have their own interesting traits; was Vorian Dayne's "Sword of The Evening" title simply related to Nymeria's victory/Vorian's future in the Night's Watch, or was it like a inverse version of the SOTM station, reserved for darker, less noble Daynes?

What did Davos Dayne do to earn the hand of Nymeria? How about Samwell Dayne? Was he called Starfire simply because he tried to burn the Starry Sept during his sack of Oldtown? Or was the handle somehow more related to the Daynes' sword? What was the reason for said invasion and might Oldtown hold any lasting grudges? It's these kind of questions, as well as all the Arthur/Ashara stuff, that makes the Daynes one of my favourites. I fully expect a visit to one of the Dayne keeps in the future books, as well as some cool stuff involving Darkstar and Edric in TWOW.

As far as the Whents (and Lothstons too) are concerned I've always been interested in all the bat related stuff. Really hope that tale about Mad Danelle controlling giant bats was true, and that the ability was passed on to the Whents.

The big Howland reveal will surely give us more info on the Reeds, the question is whether or not GRRM will make us wait till ADOS.

I'd like to see a few other minor houses get more coverage, like the Farwynds, Marbrands, Celtigars, Saans and Royces.

2 hours ago, Aurane said:

Personally, I'd like to see more of house Dondarrion, Blackwood, Dayne, Whent, and Reed.

I want to know more about the Skagosi Houses. Magnar, Crowl and Stane.

I think we will get something in Winds to be honest, what with Davos heading there to find Rickon and (hopefully) Shaggydog.

I'm actually really interested in the houses that were a thing in F&B, like House Corbray and Massey for instance. 

Houses Blackwood, Hightower, Dayne, Velaryon are ones I'd like to see more of, though in the case of House Velaryon, I'm not really sure how much we will see since they have a 6 year old as their lord.

ETA: I just realized it said minor houses, so Hightower doesn't count, but I still want to see more about them.

4 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I'm actually really interested in the houses that were a thing in F&B, like House Corbray and Massey for instance. 

Houses Blackwood, Hightower, Dayne, Velaryon are ones I'd like to see more of, though in the case of House Velaryon, I'm not really sure how much we will see since they have a 6 year old as their lord.

We have Aurane Waters sailing around the Stepstones with around a couple thousand men if his ships are fully manned. Hopefully he'll live long enough to provide some insight into house Velaryon.

Flints, Wull, Norrey. Dayne.

The Blackmont's because WTF with that sigil? We have a tad skosh bit of their history, but I'd like to know more.

Both Farwynd's

Some Skaggossi. Not sure I remember their names at this particular moment, but yeah, that one.

Reed, Mormont, Blackwood, Piper, Payne, and Dayne all have multiple members and/or histories that I would like to hear more from.

Reed: Meera, Jojen, and Howland's backstory,

Mormont:   Alysanne, Maege and Lyanna.

Blackwood:  Tytos and his son Hoster.

Piper:  Lord Clement (a local power) and his son Lewys.

Payne:  Ser Ilyn and Podrick.

Dayne:  Edric and their sword Dawn.

Blackwoods.

I want to know why people who claim to worship the old gods celebrate a dead weirwood like it's an awesome thing and take it for their sigil. It's kinda like bragging about living in a trailer park or something. Also, why would a family who worships white wood name themselves Blackwood? How did they end up in the Riverlands? Is there any relationship to ironwoods (iron is black - Blackwood) and weirwoods? Ned's executions take place on an ironwood stump and ironwoods rather than weirwoods surround Craster's place. 

Archived