Which minor houses do you want to see more of?

Aurane

I don't know if you can consider this a minor house but I would love to see more of House Hightower. They have been absent for most of the story curiously enough. Their history shows they have been quite influential in the history of Westeros. They should have been far more present during the story than they have been so far. But there must be a good reason for their absence and I'm sure we will see more of them in TWOW. 

5 hours ago, JS97 said:

I don't know if you can consider this a minor house but I would love to see more of House Hightower. They have been absent for most of the story curiously enough. Their history shows they have been quite influential in the history of Westeros. They should have been far more present during the story than they have been so far. But there must be a good reason for their absence and I'm sure we will see more of them in TWOW. 

I agree with that. I feel they will be important in the books to come.

Plus, the other big Dornish houses. Manwoody, Uller, Qorgyle etc.

1 minute ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I agree with that. I feel they will be important in the books to come.

They were quite prominent, but we got practically nothing on them in the current timeline. I agree, I think we’ll see more of them in the future. 

"The realm is full of kings. For the Faith to exalt one above the rest we must be certain. Three hundred years ago, when Aegon the Dragon landed beneath this very hill, the High Septon locked himself within the Starry Sept of Oldtown and prayed for seven days and seven nights, taking no nourishment but bread and water. When he emerged he announced that the Faith would not oppose Aegon and his sisters, for the Crone had lifted up her lamp to show him what lay ahead. If Oldtown took up arms against the Dragon, Oldtown would burn, and the Hightower and the Citadel and the Starry Sept would be cast down and destroyed. Lord Hightower was a godly man. When he heard the prophecy, he kept his strength at home and opened the city gates to Aegon when he came. And His High Holiness anointed the Conqueror with the seven oils. I must do as he did, three hundred years ago. I must pray, and fast."

AFFC - Cersei VI

"More, if he sweeps the cobblestones," the captain said, "but swords are no good against the ironmen, unless the men who wield them know how to walk on water."

"The Hightower must be doing something."

"To be sure. Lord Leyton's locked atop his tower with the Mad Maid, consulting books of spells. Might be he'll raise an army from the deeps. Or not. Baelor's building galleys, Gunthor has charge of the harbor, Garth is training new recruits, and Humfrey's gone to Lys to hire sellsails. If he can winkle a proper fleet out of his whore of a sister, we can start paying back the ironmen with some of their own coin. Till then, the best we can do is guard the sound and wait for the bitch queen in King's Landing to let Lord Paxter off his leash."

AFFC - Samwell V

I think both of these are pretty major foreshadowing.

5 hours ago, JS97 said:

Sam is in Oldtown and his aunt is married to Leyton Hightower. I think they're going to turn out to be super important when it comes to dealing with the Others.

Skagos seems to be large island and it also is surrounded with many smaller islands. About 100 years ago they rebelled against Starks and even killed some. Besides now they are also very close to Others so it is possible that they could have problem of hostile Jesuses . Or I would like to see if sea can stop others from going there and rising dead. So I would want to find out what is happening and what has happened there.

Skagosi houses, Northern mountain clans, Vale mountain tribes. I think the Shield Island and Three Sisters houses are interesting. In addition, the marcher lords sworn to Storm's End seem like an interesting bunch (Swann, Errol, Selmy, Dondarrion, Caron (Foote)). 

Also, I would love to know more about the smaller Northern houses. Especially those from the Telltale game series (Forrester, Whitehill, Branfield, Glenmore). Also Waterman, Wells, Slate, Holt, etc.

Lannisters of Lannisport are in control of the third biggest city in 7 Kingdoms, which is located in the kingdom's richest region, they are the bannermen and a cadet branch of one of the most prominent and relevant Houses in the ASOIAF series, yet they are not mentioned participating in any events whatsoever, neither in ASOIAF series, nor in Fire and Blood, we don't know nor their arms, nor their words and the only known member of the House is a little girl who for all we know might be a 4th cousin twice removed of the head of the House. Seriously, the lack of information for the House is puzzling. It's about time George fill this pretty gaping void of world-building.

21 hours ago, Dofs said:

Lannisters of Lannisport are in control of the third biggest city in 7 Kingdoms, which is located in the kingdom's richest region, they are the bannermen and a cadet branch of one of the most prominent and relevant Houses in the ASOIAF series, yet they are not mentioned participating in any events whatsoever, neither in ASOIAF series, nor in Fire and Blood, we don't know nor their arms, nor their words and the only known member of the House is a little girl who for all we know might be a 4th cousin twice removed of the head of the House. Seriously, the lack of information for the House is puzzling. It's about time George fill this pretty gaping void of world-building.

Arryns of Gulltown are similar. Or they are rich and that is very much only thing we know about them.

21 hours ago, Dofs said:

Lannisters and Lynesse are the only characters described as having spun-gold hair. Her name sounds like Lioness. She met Jorah at a tourney at Lannisport. She has that wife/whore thing that's so common with Lannisters. Jorah couldn't keep her happy financially. There's the Lannister greed for power as she has managed to gain a lot of power for herself as a whore combined with the Lannister disregard for tradition and protocol. 

It would fit like an old shoe if Lynesse's mother was a Lannisport Lannister. 

22 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Arryns of Gulltown are similar. Or they are rich and that is very much only thing we know about them.

Arryns of Gulltown don't rule Gulltown while WoIaF indicates that Lannisters of Lannisport rule over Lannisport.

Archived